British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

9 hours ago, BobC said:

Where to start?

Easy. From the moment of ordering a ticket, to going into the stadium, finding my vantage point, watching the racing and then leaving. Couldnt have been easier.

It was easily the most enjoyable meeting I have been to at Plymouth for years. Everything was controlled perfectly, people always on hand for those who needed help. 

The track? I was critical of how things went last year. This time? Probably the best its been in my memory,(I was at the very 1st meeting here) So to that end, I certainly applaud Mark and his team for their efforts. Last night was deserved reward for all their hard work.

Only a couple of minor things I didnt like so much. The parade presentation and after the 4 lap blast was a little chaotic.Needs sorting out. Also Mike on the mic, please learn how to pronounce riders names. Every time Alfie came out, we had a different version of his name as in Bow (front of a ship) tell as in bottle! Amusing to start with, but not so by the end of the evening.The constant cutting across announcing/Childsy interviewing too. Not my cup of tea.

The riders deserve a huge amount of credit for the way they rode.I wasnt expecting to much, but they certainly got stuck in. Some terrific tussles.Well done to every one of them.

The stadium itself has been transformed with a superb main stand,great viewing. Mark and his team have certainly worked very hard on that. 

I havent been to any of the other meetings in the UK this season, so have nothing to compare it to. Based on this meeting alone, Plymouth have certainly set a high standard for others to follow.

I would give Mark and his team 99 out of 100. Sort out the presentation side of it and you would have had the 'perfect' speedway meeting. Oh, and if I could, I would happily shake Marks hand and congratulate him on,not only a job well done, but a job that British Speedway would have been proud of. Well done.

Thank you for a very enjoyable nights entertainment.

Sounds a great night, Bob. Plymouth is quite a trek for me, but considering a Saturday night in October - probably Plymouth v IOW.

12 hours ago, gazzac said:

The Ian Jordon effect has taken hold straight away, like it did at Eastbourne,  seems to have the touch to bring a club up and on from day one.

Ian has certainly helped matters on the commercial side of things but the track and stadium facilities is down to hard graft from mark Phillips and a small but loyal band of volunteers no promoter works harder and its Mark's hard work that encouraged ian to get involved. 

12 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Sounds a great night, Bob. Plymouth is quite a trek for me, but considering a Saturday night in October - probably Plymouth v IOW.

Be good to see you Rob. It was indeed a very enjoyable night out. Met up with Arnie G and Steve Miles too. Mark did a very good job on all fronts. 

Online ticket sales are open for the upcoming Gladiators v Gb young lions . Plymouth-Speedway.com  /latest news Click on the link . Ordered mine already.

Mark Phillips got the weather perfect on Tuesday. Sun shone. Hope he can do the same again for the next meeting.

28 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Mark Phillips got the weather perfect on Tuesday. Sun shone. Hope he can do the same again for the next meeting.

Did u come down to Plymouth Richard? If so what did u think?

I

52 minutes ago, lewy said:

Did u come down to Plymouth Richard? If so what did u think?

I certainly did. Excellent speedway meeting and the racing got better as the meeting went on as more lines developed. Good presentation, although I think the announcer muddled the scores at least once.

Last race with Tom chasing down Henry was as good as speedway gets...and in a last heat decider.

Good atmosphere, good track, crowd all looked well spaced...I think Plymouth did a great job and served up some excellent speedway. Couldn't ask for more. The locals were all very friendly too.

By the way, Plymouth Speedway was more Covid-19 safe than Dartmouth was the next day. The town was rammed. I drove round, couldn't find a parking space, thought about park and ride which was also crowded so headed to the more refined delights of Totnes, which was busy but not crowded.

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I

I certainly did. Excellent speedway meeting and the racing got better as the meeting went on as more lines developed. Good presentation, although I think the announcer muddled the scores at least once.

Last race with Tom chasing down Henry was as good as speedway gets...and in a last heat decider.

Good atmosphere, good track, crowd all looked well spaced...I think Plymouth did a great job and served up some excellent speedway. Couldn't ask for more. The locals were all very friendly too.

By the way, Plymouth Speedway was more Covid-19 safe than Dartmouth was the next day. The town was rammed. I drove round, couldn't find a parking space, thought about park and ride which was also crowded so headed to the more refined delights of Totnes, which was busy but not crowded.

Thanks for the reply, always interested to hear someone else's perspective on things just to make sure I'm not seeing things through rose tinted glasses ! 100% agree with your observations 

• Haha 1

I drove down from Sussex and it was really worth the trip.. I did provide some feedback on one or two things that could be improved for those on back straight stand.. But more importantly that it was the best racing i've seen at Plymouth... and the stadium improves with every visit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watkins said:

I was in exmouth the week before Pitty I would have gone

You can still watch it on the speedway chat live stream ..it was a great meeting and great filming

such a shame that what appears to be such a progressive and innovative promotion cant receive the full rewards for their efforts because of the dam virus(hope other promotions pick up a few tips!)

• Like 2

Don't suppose anyone would have the race times for the three team tournament, would they? Can't find them anywhere. Many thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Don't suppose anyone would have the race times for the three team tournament, would they? Can't find them anywhere. Many thanks in advance.

1 53.13    2 52.44    3 53.00    4 52.12  

5 52.50    6 52.87     7 54.43   8 No time

9 52.84   10 53.81    11 53.75   12 52.86

13 52.50   14 53.75   15 52.93