British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth speedway

6 hours ago, BobC said:

1. 52.21    2.No time Awarded    3.52.75    4.53.06    5.54.59    6.53.78    7.52.28    8.52.00

9.52.44    10. No time Awarded    11.52.00    12.52.28     13.52.91    14.53.53    15.52.71

There were 4 x 500cc sidecar  races afterwards, but didnt record any details myself.

Bless you. That's so helpful. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

I hope you can get you next two meetings on.

Actually, 3 are planned! Obviously awaiting the Covid clarification.

Tuesday 29th Sept v Leicester Lion Cubs

Saturday 10th October Colin Hill Memorial

Saturday 17th October Plymouth v IoW

I sincerely hope Mark gets the go ahead to run all of these.

• Like 1

Next Tuesday is off, but the October fixtures might go ahead. 

How does this compare with amateur football? Is that continuing with crowds?

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

It sure is Arnie. I have been to nine different grounds since August bank holiday.

After reading what mark and the crew went through to get Tuesday’s meeting on I can totally see why they are being ultra cautious right call I say.

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

Simplifying but steps 3 downwards are continuing based on an arbitrary assessment of crowd limits, on the assumption that all grounds at a similar level must be the same size :unsure: and that a "trial" fixture with a lower crowd number has first taken place to ensure covid distancing is feasible. The current limit is that crowds of 30%of capacity are allowed . Step 3  is the highest level with crowds, which are the premier divisions of Northern Premier, Southern (2 divs) and Isthmian The 30% limit means that all clubs at this level can have a maximum attendance of 600, although like speedway stadia ground sizes vary greatly.  I won't complain as I have been taking in matches and have a season ticket for my local team whose first league match is on Saturday, but the criteria is barking. As an example Bury Town (step 4) played Brightlingsea Regent (step 3) on Tuesday in the FA Cup with a crowd limit  of 400 at their 3,500 capacity stadium. Had the tie been reversed the limit would have been 600 in Regent's  1.000 capacity ground. 

Great to see all the positivity down at Plymouth, and a well done to everyone involved..

Plymouth have called time on the 2020 season See link here. 

https://plymouth-speedway.com/chequered-flag-comes-down-on-gladiators-2020-season/

While sad that there wont be anymore action this season, I have to agree with their reasoning.

Mark and his team have quite rightly received a lot of compliments of how everything has been handled at this testing time. Their communication has been exceptional. It goes a long way to keeping fans happy.

I, for one, cant wait for next season, whatever League they run in.

I hope the locals get right behind them.Their efforts this season deserve support.

Well done to all involved. See you in 2021.

• Like 7

That's a shame - I was going to come down on October 17th.  But, nevertheless, well done to Plymouth for getting a couple of meetings on.

Out of interest does anybody know if the 'potential' step up to the Championship means Plymouth will/won't be racing in the NL 2021? (obviously providing there is a league, racing commences before October etc) 

12 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

An announcement to be made today 

In which way?

• Like 1