Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Recommended Posts

Now our seasons done and dusted, lets look towards 2020, which looks set to be a big year for the club..

Jake Allen - been very consistent over the season, very rarely had a bad meeting and can ride most tracks, has to be a consideration for next year

Danny Ayres - signing of the season without a doubt, HAS to be the second name on the team sheet

Ben Barker - a mid season addition to the team and has helped us massively more so away from home, would welcome him back if he fancies it

Stefan Nielsen - been a season to forget for Stef, although finished on a high note, unfortunatley cant see Stef back in Scunny colours

Josh Auty - brilliant at home, woeful away im afraid to say.. Would say pretty much nailed on with his testimonial at Scunny in March

Simon Lambert - Super Si has been brilliant since signing for us and has to be in contention for the reserve position alongside JP in 2020

Ryan Kinsley - progressed nicely this year, sadly can't see Ryan back with having Jordan in, but do hope he manages to secure a Championship place in 2020.

Do have a feeling Jason Garrity will be back in Scunthorpe colours in 2020...

Personally I feel we need some 'new faces' in the Scorpions team next season if we are to challenge for honours... If the average limit is 42.5 which Rob has stated most CL promoters are pushing for I'd go for something like this R Lawson, Ayres, Garrity, Allen/Worrall/Barker, Auty, Lambert, Palin

It's a long winter ahead folks, whats your views

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worrall,Ayres,Allen,Auty,Barker,Si and Palin

Just read Plymouth maybe in the Cl next year so wonder if Ben may fancy going back there? so Garrity or Barker

Edited by Paul Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Worrall gates he is ok ,if he doesn't then he's not interested-It's a no from me. Charles Wright or Kyle Howarth would be good- more racers than gating tarts please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would like to see Jake Jordan and Danny Ayers in the team , not bothered about josh but he is nailed on anyway. Lambert would be good but only at reserve . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, scunny1 said:

When Worrall gates he is ok ,if he doesn't then he's not interested-It's a no from me. Charles Wright or Kyle Howarth would be good- more racers than gating tarts please.

Hands off Howarth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'll get accused of bias but Simon and Stefan will be on very similar averages to start next season at reserve with Palin. I honestly believe Stefan would be better value for the average. Both would do superb at reserve don't get me wrong but as we all know Stefan has the ability to get a 7 point average as he has done and hold his own if he happened to move into the top 5, I'm not sure Simon does as proved numerous times in the past.

I'd like to see depending on the average limit

Douglas

Ayres

Allen

Barker

Auty

Palin

Nielsen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE 2019 season at the Eddie Wright Raceway isn’t over after all!

The National League Riders’ Championship, washed out at Leicester over the weekend, will now take place at Scunthorpe on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6th at 6pm. Further news will appear in due course, but in the meantime, put this date in your diary!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Worrall,Ayres,Allen,Auty,Barker,Si and Palin

Just read Plymouth maybe in the Cl next year so wonder if Ben may fancy going back there? so Garrity or Barker

Oh no if Plymouth are back you know who will be interfering on our threads with their usual c..p

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I know I'll get accused of bias but Simon and Stefan will be on very similar averages to start next season at reserve with Palin. I honestly believe Stefan would be better value for the average. Both would do superb at reserve don't get me wrong but as we all know Stefan has the ability to get a 7 point average as he has done and hold his own if he happened to move into the top 5, I'm not sure Simon does as proved numerous times in the past.

I'd like to see depending on the average limit

Douglas

Ayres

Allen

Barker

Auty

Palin

Nielsen

Like it , but think Barker will go further South.  Douglas will want mega pay deal after Leicester too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Like it , but think Barker will go further South.  Douglas will want mega pay deal after Leicester too.

Yeah I did think that. Hope for Scunny's sake they don't go back down the Garrity route he's entertaining but far too unreliable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lambert 5.16

Nielsen 4.51 the finishing averages 

Nielsen certainly better value imo and also would give you an extra 0.65 to use In top 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I know I'll get accused of bias but Simon and Stefan will be on very similar averages to start next season at reserve with Palin. I honestly believe Stefan would be better value for the average. Both would do superb at reserve don't get me wrong but as we all know Stefan has the ability to get a 7 point average as he has done and hold his own if he happened to move into the top 5, I'm not sure Simon does as proved numerous times in the past.

I'd like to see depending on the average limit

Douglas

Ayres

Allen

Barker

Auty

Palin

Nielsen

On the October averages that team would come to 42.44 so be perfect if limit was 42.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lambert 5.16

Nielsen 4.51 the finishing averages 

Nielsen certainly better value imo and also would give you an extra 0.65 to use In top 5

Tbf it’s no debate between the two. Stef had a poor season this year but on that average and down at reserve he’d be a steal round the EWR! Plus Lambert won’t go higher than a 5pt average and he could even have to start at number 2.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scunthorpe tend to keep the majority of the same team season in season out, so you'd imagine Palin, Auty and probably Nielsen will be shoe ins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy