British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Auty's testimonial next March so nailed on. Palin committed to signing for Scorpions at start of the year, but not old enough yet to ride.

17 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Josh Auty will probably be the first name on the Scorpions team sheet for 2020. 

2nd as Palin is the 1st :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Scorpions 2020 ? here's my take on it Auty will unquestionably be the first name on sheet but not for me !. I just cannot see Josh making any further progress with his racing at Scunthorpe. Just look at Ryan Douglas as a classic example; he has developed into a bone fide Premier League rider scoring an 18point maximum recently !. I would contend he would not have achieved all he has this season; grown as a rider without leaving Scunny . As harsh as that sounds ?; and for me Auty needs to do the same to get away from being a one track rider. It is controversial; probably will not go down well but it has to be in his best interests.

Regretfully I reckon Jake could be looking elsewhere in 2020. My own opinion is that the two leagues should merge at least in the short term and if so then I would think he will favour a full time switch to Ipswich ?

Garrity again; not for me can be thrilling to watch but equally frustrating caught up sometimes in racing situations with lesser riders at the back when he should be dominating heats. Too inconsistent.

Steffan Nielsen; probably again needs a change of surroundings; really out of luck injury wise and although as has been said his current average might be attractive it may be best for us all to move on ?

Ryan Kinsley has done a great job sticking to his task and coming up with a competent first full year of Championship racing. Really competitive and improving all the time. But I cannot see us bringing in Jordan Palin and keeping Ryan. We will surely need an experienced rider at reserve with JP to support him in the first stages at least ?

First name for me would be Danny Ayres without any question the Rider of the Year in the Championship. We appear committed to Palin so that's two. I would definitely have a focused Ben Barker back who has the experience and ability to score well home and away. Something we have always missed. So too Simon Lambert who proved a superb bit of late season business and could be the one to back up Jordan Palin in the reserve berth.

I would 1000% ! have Ryan Douglas back but alas he has gone beyond us in the two league structure. In a combined league is may be a possibility ?; but in the present structure I would see it as a potential step backwards to return after such a brilliant season with Leicester. So I think we have to accept it and wish Ryan well as he climbs the ladder.

So as it stands for me; we need three riders in the current league set up. But some serious discussions need to take place before rubber stamping a another season like this one ?. Way too many gaps in the fixture list; way too many riders moving around the tracks; no team identity; little variation in the fixture card. Need I go on.

i am not going to go into reams about how British Speedway needs fixing - it does ! I have two words for British Speedways power brokers at the next Annual "knees down" -

BE BRAVE !.  

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Scorpions 2020 ? here's my take on it Auty will unquestionably be the first name on sheet but not for me !. I just cannot see Josh making any further progress with his racing at Scunthorpe. Just look at Ryan Douglas as a classic example; he has developed into a bone fide Premier League rider scoring an 18point maximum recently !. I would contend he would not have achieved all he has this season; grown as a rider without leaving Scunny . As harsh as that sounds ?; and for me Auty needs to do the same to get away from being a one track rider. It is controversial; probably will not go down well but it has to be in his best interests.

Regretfully I reckon Jake could be looking elsewhere in 2020. My own opinion is that the two leagues should merge at least in the short term and if so then I would think he will favour a full time switch to Ipswich ?

Garrity again; not for me can be thrilling to watch but equally frustrating caught up sometimes in racing situations with lesser riders at the back when he should be dominating heats. Too inconsistent.

Steffan Nielsen; probably again needs a change of surroundings; really out of luck injury wise and although as has been said his current average might be attractive it may be best for us all to move on ?

Ryan Kinsley has done a great job sticking to his task and coming up with a competent first full year of Championship racing. Really competitive and improving all the time. But I cannot see us bringing in Jordan Palin and keeping Ryan. We will surely need an experienced rider at reserve with JP to support him in the first stages at least ?

First name for me would be Danny Ayres without any question the Rider of the Year in the Championship. We appear committed to Palin so that's two. I would definitely have a focused Ben Barker back who has the experience and ability to score well home and away. Something we have always missed. So too Simon Lambert who proved a superb bit of late season business and could be the one to back up Jordan Palin in the reserve berth.

I would 1000% ! have Ryan Douglas back but alas he has gone beyond us in the two league structure. In a combined league is may be a possibility ?; but in the present structure I would see it as a potential step backwards to return after such a brilliant season with Leicester. So I think we have to accept it and wish Ryan well as he climbs the ladder.

So as it stands for me; we need three riders in the current league set up. But some serious discussions need to take place before rubber stamping a another season like this one ?. Way too many gaps in the fixture list; way too many riders moving around the tracks; no team identity; little variation in the fixture card. Need I go on.

i am not going to go into reams about how British Speedway needs fixing - it does ! I have two words for British Speedways power brokers at the next Annual "knees down" -

BE BRAVE !.  

Sane would've good start....

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

2 leagues is 99% nailed on. 

If it is and the NL is to be sacrificed to prop the other up i am 99% certain i will walk away from it all.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If it is and the NL is to be sacrificed to prop the other up i am 99% certain i will walk away from it all.

Unfortunately you better start walking sings  i am afraid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Well, NL clubs don’t really want to be in the NL. Plymouth and Kent don’t. Leicester and BV exist because they have bigger teams. If the NL goes then it has to be done for the sake of speedway.  

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unfortunately I think you could be, as an Eastie supporter I always said the years we were in it the format was just right for bringing the youngsters on apart from (as all leagues) the constant reduction in the points limit. There were a lot of people who didn't agree and wanted a MDL type level, well at best they'll probably get their wish, at worst it's gone. 

Edited by gazzac

by all means have two leagues , but make all those high end riders , ride in the top division ONLY , no more double up/down shot .while they are at it, compress the season into 4/5 months of non stop weekly action with all the shared meetings being done at the back end of the season . more clubs will survive and the agony will not be 7 months long !

I'd expect the first three signings to be something like:

Jordan Palin

Josh Auty

Pontus Gaard

1 hour ago, OdsalBoy said:

I'd expect the first three signings to be something like:

Jordan Palin

Josh Auty

Pontus Gaard

Have your Pontus Gaard at Sheffield, along with David Speight

8 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Have your Pontus Gaard at Sheffield, along with David Speight

Dan put him on ignore and don’t reply to him then we won’t have to read his drivel 

• Like 4