British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

no he does actually exist and please don't mention the clown it will only encourage him

I checked on his performances in Australia last year & I don't think he is at a standard required for Britain.

With Rob promising some 'surprises' in the team.. (with hopefully the average limit being 42 - if my maths are right this team would fit)

Schlein 8.69

Ayres 5.51

Allen 7.26

Perks 6.40

Garrity 7.23

Nicol 5.16

Palin 2.00 

Tot 41.85

45 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

With Rob promising some 'surprises' in the team.. (with hopefully the average limit being 42 - if my maths are right this team would fit)

Schlein 8.69

Ayres 5.51

Allen 7.26

Perks 6.40

Garrity 7.23

Nicol 5.16

Palin 2.00 

Tot 41.85

1/2 season Garrity is not the answer.;)

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

1/2 season Garrity is not the answer.:nono:

neither is too boy.unless you want a face full of dust for the season as you wouldn't,t be able to water the track:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With Leicester having to split their side up & depending if Nicholls goes nearer to his home on the south coast, could we make up a team of

Douglas      8.31       (it would be a surprise if we could get him back, our asset!)

Auty            7.61

Allen           7.26

Ayres          5.51

Nielsen       4.51

Palin           2.00

& if the limit goes up to 42-42.5 then riders that have done well this year at the EWR are, if possible, one of these - Rowe/Perks/Ostergaard/Doolan

Edited by IronScorpion

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

With Leicester having to split their side up & depending if Nicholls goes nearer to his home on the south coast, could we make up a team of

Douglas      8.31       (it would be a surprise if we could get him back, our asset!)

Auty            7.61

Allen           7.26

Ayres          5.51

Nielsen       4.51

Palin           2.00

& if the limit goes up to 42-42.5 then riders that have done well this year at the EWR are, if possible, one of these - Rowe/Perks/Ostergaard/Doolan

Tero Aarnio is also an asset... don't rule him out...

Regards 

THJ 

Do reductions still happen for british riders? my revised team comes to 42.66. assuming a 42.50 build comes to 41.97, also depends if Sheffield move up

Wrighty         9.69    9.45

Josh              7.61    7.42

Allen              7.26

Ayres             5.51     5.38

T Kurtz           5.43

Lambert         5.16    5.03

Palin               2.00

Danny,Todd and Si should guarantee a strong reserve....or as most have gone for Neilsen and Sheffield stay.41.89

Wrighty         9.69       9.45

Josh              7.61       7.42

Jake              7.26

Ulrich            5.98

Danny           5.51      5.38

Stef              4.51       4.40

Jordie          2.00

• Like 1

Absolutely no chance of Ryan back at Scunny I am sorry to say. Simply because he has made great strides at Leicester and Wolives this season. He needed to get away and develop as a rider and has benefited enormously from riding with a true speedway professional in Scott Nicholls. So it would be suprising if he was back at the EWR. 

• Like 1

Over the last few years, I seem to remember that if a rider is an asset of a club, they have 1st choice. If a said rider wants to leave & another club asks for permission to use him, then the parent club may release him.

I think Howarth was the rider in question & Sheffield were waiting a while for Workington to name him or not.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Over the last few years, I seem to remember that if a rider is an asset of a club, they have 1st choice. If a said rider wants to leave & another club asks for permission to use him, then the parent club may release him.

I think Howarth was the rider in question & Sheffield were waiting a while for Workington to name him or not.

But even though the parent club has first choice the rider could say no ?. So in Ryans case if he reverts to us as "an asset" is there now a transfer fee to pass if he wants to join say Leicester ?. You never here of transfer fees these days ?. 

At Bradford we paid a then world record fee - £35000 for Joe Screen and also large fees for over top riders Tatum; Thorp; Havelock; Smith etc...So fees were once very common. Nowadays which rider belongs to which club goodness knows ? At Scunny we had one rider in the team that is actually a contracted rider - Josh Auty.

Who owns Danny Ayres ? Ben Barker ? Ryan Kinsley ? Jake Allen; Simon Lambert ?. We paid out to somebody to use those riders and we probably got fees for our contracted riders. I reckon its time for Speedways equivalent of the "merry go round" to stop let everyone get off and put on the record who owns who ?

For me next season I would prefer to watch a Scunthorpe team made up in the main of our assets. The nature of the sport means that loaned riders will be. But to expect fans to buy into a team that sees riders come and go on a whim with no loyalty or need of it ? either way really undermines the commitment of the riders and fans for me. 

Contrast today with Halifax in the 80s. We regularly pleaded with Eric Boothroyd to make changes to the team that would strengthen it. Even Kenny Carter asked for a transfer at one stage to focus minds. But Eric stuck by his riders and now looking back I like that compared with todays hire and fire culture. 

Garrity won't be back

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2887

I would think both Allen and Ayres will be in high demand, although would love to see both back

Auty, Palin and Nielsen (at reserve) will be nailed on for me

Wouldn't object to Barker being back,

we need someone at number1 who is capable of winning heats 1,13 and 15  away from home

Edited by bez

1 hour ago, bez said:

Garrity won't be back

http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2887

I would think both Allen and Ayres will be in high demand, although would love to see both back

Auty, Palin and Nielsen (at reserve) will be nailed on for me

Wouldn't object to Barker being back,

we need someone at number1 who is capable of winning heats 1,13 and 15  away from home

cookie could be going spare if its a proper number 1 you want . 

(started something now }

• Haha 1

Loan fees are now paid for borrowing assets from another club though you can buy via a transfer fee riders from another club.

I think Ayres might be ours, now, even though he came from the NDL, he rode enough meetings to become our asset. Barker might be a BSPA asset as when Coventry folded, there were issues between an ex promoter who bought their assets which the BSPA then took over. I am not sure but think Garrity, also comes into this category as he was initially swapped with MPT but the BSPA took over. Kinsley is another from the NDL who has ridden CL only for us. Allen I would think is a Somerset(Elite/Premiership days) asset & Lambert a Kings Lynn asset.

I could be wrong, though, but it is just my take on things but rules change every month/week to suit. 

21 minutes ago, jenga said:

cookie could be going spare if its a proper number 1 you want . 

(started something now }

What makes you think that ?

• Like 1