British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

4 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Just revisting my thoughts here ..got to say if Rob got the chance to sign Kyle Howarth would he ? I think he would ! A real EWR exponent ; giving us a great top four with Jake, Josh and Tommy. With Danny back and Jordan already declared thats 36.00 so 5.00 for the last place. Simon Lambert on 5.16 would push us over the 41.00 limit. Tough on SL who pressed his case at the end of last season with big numbers. However we do have a rider who fits !...Stefan Nielsen who just needs a bit more luck to stay clear of injury. He could defo nurse Jordan at reserve while being every bit as much capable as Lambert at putting in big scores from reserve. 

Jake Allen, Josh Auty, Kyle Howarth, Tommy Jorgensen, Danny Ayres, Stefan Nielsen & Jordan Palin. 

Thats a team of contenders !

Depends if Rob has forgiven Howarth for slating his dry track and wearing his tyre out.:D

• Like 1

Think the team will be 

Jake ,Josh,Jordan and Tommy who are all confirmed 

With Danny Ayres ,Simon Lambert and Tero Aarnio to follow 

should be a good squad if staying injury free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, scunny1 said:

Depends if Rob has forgiven Howarth for slating his dry track and wearing his tyre out.:D

Reductions for Kyle, Danny, Josh and Simon would surely let Simon fit?

On the BSPA site, there is a news item for our award for track of the year in 2019. The picture is of a race but NOT at our track.:oops:

Now changed. :t:

Edited by IronScorpion

So all will be revealed tomorrow with the last 4 Scorpions in 2020 being officially handed their race jackets. Fairly sure that Josh Auty and Danny Ayres will be two of them. I cannot see any "suprise" if we bring back Tero Aarnio with due respect to Tero who would be a points scorer for sure. But the fact that Rob promised "suprise" to me implies a new face. Kyle Howarth would make us strong at home where its crucial we make the EWR a fortress. That leads me to think Stefan will get a recall. However I see he is linked with Poole in 2020 ?. But if Howarth was not to be ? How about US rider Ricky Wells ? not in Edinburghs plans and a big scorer in Championship circles. Always goes well at Scunny and a well prepared and professional racer. His average is lower than KH on 7.05 as well. ? Would be a starting line up of Allen, Auty, Wells, Jorgensen, Ayres, Lambert, Palin that stacks up at 41.06 can we get reduction on any of the averages to bring that in at 41.00 ?

Edited by the outsider

2 minutes ago, the outsider said:

So all will be revealed tomorrow with the last 4 Scorpions in 2020 being officially handed their race jackets. Fairly sure that Josh Auty and Danny Ayres will be two of them. I cannot see any "suprise" if we bring back Tero Aarnio with due respect to Tero who would be a points scorer for sure. But the fact that Rob promised "suprise" to me implies a new face. Kyle Howarth would make us strong at home where its crucial we make the EWR a fortress. That leads me to think Stefan will get a recall. However I see he is linked with Poole in 2020 ?. But if Howarth was not to be ? How about US rider Ricky Wells ? not in Edinburghs plans and a big scorer in Championship circles. Always goes well at Scunny and a well prepared and professional racer. His average is lower than KH on 7.05 as well. ? Would be a starting line up of Allen, Auty, Wells, Jorgensen, Ayres, Lambert, Palin that stacks up at 41.06 can we get reduction on any of the averages to bring that in at 41.00 ?

Wells going elsewhere I believe.

Seem to have gone for our own assets. As much as this team should take care of things at the EWR. Not sure theres the level of consistency there to do well away and thats the difference ? One, two  or three ? marks to start the season in there as well ? Certainly hope I am wrong ?

On 10/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, hulvik said:

My team prodictions

Auty 

Allen

Tommy the Gun

Danny Ayres

Simon Lambert 

Ryan Kingsley 

Jordan Palin

Sorry but your crystal ball must have got foggy, still 6 out of 7 aint bad. I personally like the change, Tero instead of Ryan, and wish all 3 of the riders who  are not in the team a successful 2020 session with who ever they sign for.  

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Wells going elsewhere I believe.

Glasgow for wells

Edited by pienpeesman
Sentence finish
  • Like 1

So Scorpions are likely to line-up:

Auty
Ayres
Jorgensen
Aarnio
Allen
Lambert
Palin

Jorgensen & Aarnio could be swapped round & would Palin get the easier no7 or the scoring power of Lambert at 7 for the team. The order of reserves can be swapped during a meeting so it will be about who is performing on the day.

All the riders on their day can score well at the EWR & looking at the BSPA site, & at the away averages of the riders(with Palin still on a 2), we average 36.81, although the site is not up to date.

Having stayed loyal to Nielsen for a few years now, I think Rob has missed a trick by not getting him back on such a low average when he’s proved what he can do round the EWR. Rob also talks about the 1-7 all knowing the EWR, which is true, but on an even track without a power packed team the odd home defeat is inevitable (even Glasgow lost at home this year ;)) but it looks like away points are going to be very hard to come by!

No new names to excite and intrigue the fans unfortunately. Yes I know that Palin is new but he’s there for development and a star of the future rather than immediate points scoring.  At least Auty & Ayers offer bags of entertainment. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2

Wont be a team to challenge and no one especially exciting to watch, shame as the track deserves it