British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Would love to have a Scunthorpe v Glasgow meeting on the Sunday after Cardiff, missed doing that last season, usually there is 2 bus loads of Glasgow supporters at Cardiff and a wee trip to Scunthorpe on the way home splits up the very long journey.

57 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Would love to have a Scunthorpe v Glasgow meeting on the Sunday after Cardiff, missed doing that last season, usually there is 2 bus loads of Glasgow supporters at Cardiff and a wee trip to Scunthorpe on the way home splits up the very long journey.

Always good for the Scorpions to get three easy points in front of a big crowd 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serious question. Has Danny Ayres been on a speedway bike since his accident?  How is he progressing?

On 12/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, scunny1 said:

Serious question. Has Danny Ayres been on a speedway bike since his accident?  How is he progressing?

Early jan he's doing some laps

• Like 1

Is it just me that thinks we look quite strong this year, especially at reserve... no offence to the likes of Gilkes/Ledwith, Thompson Twins, Flint/Bickley, Edwards/Kemp etc but Simon alone should clear up them... tell you one thing, its gonna be hell of a season at the track of the year

• Like 2

Looking at the predictions thread, a lot of posters have us finishing in the bottom 3 as we do not have a strong no1 but we have 4 heat leaders from last years teams & our bottom 3 could easily score 14-18 at home & 12-16 away. We have strength in depth that could put us in the top 6.

19 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Is it just me that thinks we look quite strong this year, especially at reserve... no offence to the likes of Gilkes/Ledwith, Thompson Twins, Flint/Bickley, Edwards/Kemp etc but Simon alone should clear up them... tell you one thing, its gonna be hell of a season at the track of the year

Its a pretty average team lets be honest wont be troubling the playoffs and will lose heavily away and take some beatings at home aswell 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

I agree, I think Scunthorpe look a good team! Put them down for 4th / 5th place!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Lambert should clean up but we know what he can be like. He’s as likely to score eighteen as he is two. 

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Looking at the predictions thread, a lot of posters have us finishing in the bottom 3 as we do not have a strong no1 but we have 4 heat leaders from last years teams & our bottom 3 could easily score 14-18 at home & 12-16 away. We have strength in depth that could put us in the top 6.

Too right, Allen will make the number 1 jersey his and can mix and beat any number 1 home or away ,his apprenticeship of uk is over ,would much rather have a upcoming young gun then some worn out 30 plus year old in my number 1 jacket any nite of the week,roll on 2020 ,solid team and injury free

58 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Too right, Allen will make the number 1 jersey his and can mix and beat any number 1 home or away ,his apprenticeship of uk is over ,would much rather have a upcoming young gun then some worn out 30 plus year old in my number 1 jacket any nite of the week,roll on 2020 ,solid team and injury free

If you're referring to Allen & Auty, I'll say - if the "upcoming young gun" scored more points than the "worn out 30 plus year old" he'd be a number one wouldn't he!

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert should clean up but we know what he can be like. He’s as likely to score eighteen as he is two. 

Scored very well at Scunny compared to Newcastle, so if he's a confidence rider riding a full season at Scunny should see his average raise!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

If you're referring to Allen & Auty, I'll say - if the "upcoming young gun" scored more points than the "worn out 30 plus year old" he'd be a number one wouldn't he!

Auty not worn out yet, keeps Allen on his game