British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I can imagine a facility where Danny's race jacket is not used for a month and covered by RR as a mark of respect would be allowed, and even the most anti Godfrey fans surely couldn't find fault in that?

Think that would acceptable to most. 

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

That’s what happened after Lee Richardson died. In fact I think it was about two months before Lakeside signed a replacement and Lee’s position in the pits remained empty in that period as I recall.

Different circumstances, Lee was in the declared 1-7 and his tragic racing accident was mid-season. 

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Think that would acceptable to most. 

personally don't think it should be used all year give the incoming rider number 9

11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I can imagine a facility where Danny's race jacket is not used for a month and covered by RR as a mark of respect would be allowed, and even the most anti Godfrey fans surely couldn't find fault in that?

I take it you do not read the posts from the anti Godfrey gang.

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

personally don't think it should be used all year give the incoming rider number 9

But as speedway riders don't have a set riding number, how do you pick a number not to be used?

16 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

From my knowledge of the beautiful man i think he would consider the best way to honour whichever racing number he was to be issued is for the incoming rider to give their all and entertain to the best of their abilities. That is exactly how it would be if Danny was the incoming rider.

• Like 5

This is very difficult. How do we start to replace "The Greatest Showman" ? Yet somehow we must. 

I have one rider and one rider only in mind for this job. He would be there on his terms. He's a great guy, experienced and would carry the burden well. 

He would leave us with 0.01 to spare.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the outsider said:

This is very difficult. How do we start to replace "The Greatest Showman" ? Yet somehow we must. 

I have one rider and one rider only in mind for this job. He would be there on his terms. He's a great guy, experienced and would carry the burden well. 

He would leave us with 0.01 to spare.

would he be returning after a season or two out of the sport??

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Theo Pijper

If it wasn't for the tragic circumstances surrounding the club just now, I'd have thought this was a bad joke. 

28 minutes ago, foamfence said:

If it wasn't for the tragic circumstances surrounding the club just now, I'd have thought this was a bad joke. 

??? I saw it on the Scunthorpe website ???