British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Theo Pijper

Not who I thought it was (Carl Wilkinson was my thought).

The picture (from post Feb 12) has not been taken at Scunthorpe going by the tall tree and close by roof.

From memories of Mildenhall(2011), you entered via steps into the arena close to the café. There was also a grass bank on the back straight so, as a guess, this is a picture taken by a photographer at Mildenhall.

Edited by IronScorpion

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

??? I saw it on the Scunthorpe website ???

Edited by the outsider
replied to wrong post

3 hours ago, foamfence said:

If it wasn't for the tragic circumstances surrounding the club just now, I'd have thought this was a bad joke. 

Tad harsh ?; but this signing was a suprise. TP has been absent from British racing for 12 months; having posted a 6.23 average at Berwick in 2018. So there must be some reduction on that average, as we only had 5.44 to play with ? Sure there was a bit of "miss understanding" with TP at the end of his last stint in 2015. Where he was injured but still rode abroad when he had a commitment at Scunny could be wrong ?

My man was Todd Kurtz he had the perfect average and just down the road at Sheffield with no Championship club. Would have made an outstanding signing paired at 2. with Jake Allen. I think we would have been unstoppable. Coupled with that Todd Kurtz would have been there in his own right. Not sure TP completely does that for me ?

So TP is probably on a bit of a hiding to nothing replacing Danny and what he brought to the table. 

Must say notwithinstanding the tragic circmstances it appears a bit like Friends Reunited" at the EWR in 2020 and lets hope it works out as if they have never been apart ?. Clearly the motivating mantra is "doing it for Danny" and we have to hope that it will give us the"bit extra"when we need it. All this said come what may; we must have the strongest reserve in the league in Simon Lambert so we can always throw him in. Ultimately we will end up with a strong rider at reserve which as always the plan.

Edited by the outsider

Hardly inspiring....I did hear whispers of it being a short term deal, however no mention of that in the press release....so maybe not.

Theo came to Berwick in 2018 halfway through the season, and thanks to his performances Berwick ended up 5th just missing out on playoffs by 1 point. Replacing Danny was never going to be easy as Danny was a  one-off great rider, character, showman. Hopefully, Theo will do a good job and Scunthorpe have a good season.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Any idea of Theo's average?

5.49 - from 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EWR MEMORIAL GARDEN
If anyone has any unwanted benches that they would consider donating to the club, please bring them on any practice days or email gail.godfrey@btconnect.com

We might be in the area on 14th March and are hoping to get to the Ben Fund meeting and would like some advice 're seating in the stadium or should we bring our own as we won't be able to stand for a couple of hours. Also what's the parking like. Any advice will be appreciated thanks.

The stadium has a big car park £1 a car, and you need to bring your own chairs. In March I would strongly advise you wrap up warm, because it can be absolutely freezing that time of year.

• Thanks 1