British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

There is a central seating area of approximately 50 seats but it is an old temporary stand with steep steps. There might be some seats available in the clubhouse, peering out the windows.

As has been said, there is a large car park & the area opposite the stadium is free parking but with a walk. At a previous busy meeting, we used the field at the side of the main car park once this was full. 

SCUNTHORPE SCORPIONS have held their admission prices at their 2018 and 2019 rates for the 2020 season.

It will remain just £16 for an adult to watch a Scorpions’ meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We offer one of the most attractive set of admission prices across the entire Championship, and that will be the case once more in 2020.

“We have pegged our admission prices at the same prices as both 2018 and last season.

“It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to watch speedway in Scunthorpe and that’s important if you want people to come back every week.

“Our prices for the programme and the food at the EWR are also very reasonable and I believe they represent value-for-money.

“And as well as keeping the prices down for supporters, we will again be going all out to make sure the racing at Scunthorpe is second to none.

“We’re proud that many supporters from all over the country has visited and branded our racetrack the best in Britain – that means a lot.

“I believe we offer an unbeatable package, with plenty of entertainment and thrilling action.”

Scorpions commence their home meetings on Friday, April 3rd (7.30pm) with the visit of Newcastle Diamonds in league action.

Prior to that, the track will stage both the Ben Fund Bonanza on Saturday, March 14th at 2pm (please note that this meeting has its own set of admission prices) and the Josh Auty Testimonial on Sunday, March 22nd at 3pm (which has the same prices as a regular Scorpions’ meeting).

The club hold its press and practice at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Friday, March 20th. It will start at 3pm and it will be followed by a Meet-The-Riders session in the clubhouse at 6pm.

ADMISSION PRICES 2020 (same as 2018 and 2019):

2020 SGB Championship Admission Prices (also the prices for the Josh Auty testimonial):
Adult: £16.00
Student/OAP: £14.00
Child (10 – 17): £5.00
Child (0 – 9) Free (accompanied by paying adult)
Family Ticket £37 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

2020 SGB Championship / Youth Championship Double Header Admission Prices (i.e. the bumper meeting on Sunday, April 26th):
Adult: £18.00
Student/OAP: £16.00
Family Ticket £41 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 11:50 PM, ScunnyDan said:

SCUNTHORPE SCORPIONS have held their admission prices at their 2018 and 2019 rates for the 2020 season.

It will remain just £16 for an adult to watch a Scorpions’ meeting at the Eddie Wright Raceway.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We offer one of the most attractive set of admission prices across the entire Championship, and that will be the case once more in 2020.

“We have pegged our admission prices at the same prices as both 2018 and last season.

“It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to watch speedway in Scunthorpe and that’s important if you want people to come back every week.

“Our prices for the programme and the food at the EWR are also very reasonable and I believe they represent value-for-money.

“And as well as keeping the prices down for supporters, we will again be going all out to make sure the racing at Scunthorpe is second to none.

“We’re proud that many supporters from all over the country has visited and branded our racetrack the best in Britain – that means a lot.

“I believe we offer an unbeatable package, with plenty of entertainment and thrilling action.”

Scorpions commence their home meetings on Friday, April 3rd (7.30pm) with the visit of Newcastle Diamonds in league action.

Prior to that, the track will stage both the Ben Fund Bonanza on Saturday, March 14th at 2pm (please note that this meeting has its own set of admission prices) and the Josh Auty Testimonial on Sunday, March 22nd at 3pm (which has the same prices as a regular Scorpions’ meeting).

The club hold its press and practice at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Friday, March 20th. It will start at 3pm and it will be followed by a Meet-The-Riders session in the clubhouse at 6pm.

ADMISSION PRICES 2020 (same as 2018 and 2019):

2020 SGB Championship Admission Prices (also the prices for the Josh Auty testimonial):
Adult: £16.00
Student/OAP: £14.00
Family Ticket £37 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

2020 SGB Championship / Youth Championship Double Header Admission Prices (i.e. the bumper meeting on Sunday, April 26th):
Adult: £18.00
Student/OAP: £16.00
Family Ticket £41 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

We’re proud that many supporters from all over the country has visited and branded our racetrack the best in Britain – that means a lot.

Yeah right...see above extract from a recent PR....who is the clown Godfrey trying to kid...the tracks rubbish and stadium is a dump in the middle of nowhere! Best racetrack in Britain my backside. He should go to spec savers...and then go to Belle Vue or Sheffield and see the real deal.

The prices Scunthorpe are charging are ridiculous should be £10 max...!

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

We’re proud that many supporters from all over the country has visited and branded our racetrack the best in Britain – that means a lot.

Yeah right...see above extract from a recent PR....who is the clown Godfrey trying to kid...the tracks rubbish and stadium is a dump in the middle of nowhere! Best racetrack in Britain my backside. He should go to spec savers...and then go to Belle Vue or Sheffield and see the real deal.

The prices Scunthorpe are charging are ridiculous should be £10 max...!

Sheffield!!! 10-15 years ago for decent racing.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Sheffield!!! 10-15 years ago for decent racing.:rolleyes:

The mans a fool Fromafar

Scunthorpe is a well run club with a great raceway and by speedway standards fairly decent other facilities.

Dont keep knocking clubs as with this pandemic I can see a few clubs going to the wall before the Season runs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

The mans a fool Fromafar

Scunthorpe is a well run club with a great raceway and by speedway standards fairly decent other facilities.

Dont keep knocking clubs as with this pandemic I can see a few clubs going to the wall before the Season runs

Agree entertainment is great at Scunny.

9 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

The mans a fool Fromafar

I’m not knocking the club I’m merely pointing out how ridiculous Godfrey comments are about EWR being the best racetrack in UK...when by comparison to BV its a dump. It confirms what a prat he is. Just saying.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m not knocking the club I’m merely pointing out how ridiculous Godfrey comments are about EWR being the best racetrack in UK...when by comparison to BV its a dump. It confirms what a prat he is. Just saying.

Comparing to BV ,probably a Million + multi purpose stadium built by a local authority to any other stadium in GB is not a good comparison.IMO

ps

racing at Scunny is a good as anything I have seen elsewhere in GB.

• Like 3

Whilst the EWR track usually produces excellent racing it is not a good stadium . It is adequate but then the prices reflect the fact it's not Belle Vue and it gives value for money.

Take away the Godfrey factor ( wish he'd stay off the microphone as he's so biased and insulting to visitors ), There is a lack of seating for the elderly but otherwise it gives reasonable views from all around, the food and public toilets are adequate , car parking is good and I'd rather attend the EWR than Leicester .

The downside of the place is , from a riders point of view, the Armco barrier around the track which has added to certain riders injuries. There is a home advantage to be had due to the undulations around the track but then that isn't necessarily unique to the EWR. Only one changing room for all competitors with just one toilet and a couple of showers ,that can be for around 20-30 riders on a race night, never mind the 50 plus that attend amateur meetings.

Despite all that it does produce good racing, certainly better than Shefield of the last few years and I would rate the racing as in the top half dozen in the country but it is not as good as Belle Vue, Somerset , Glasgow or Redcar in my opinion.

• Like 1

Track in the middle of nowhere is the only way forward. How many other clubs struggle to survive with curfews and restrictions due to there locations. From a field to what we have now is massive and with Rob constantly investing in the facility it’s only going to improve. Like has been pointed out it’s very good in comparison to some but remember your beloved Sheffield and Belle vue ain’t as good venues as torun. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Ive seen poor meetings at Torun but , I agree, EWR has improved over the last few seasons.

A poor meeting at Torun is better than any at Sheffield. Not seen a good one there even when scunny have won just because it’s fast don’t mean it good quality racing 

33 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Whilst the EWR track usually produces excellent racing it is not a good stadium . It is adequate but then the prices reflect the fact it's not Belle Vue and it gives value for money.

Take away the Godfrey factor ( wish he'd stay off the microphone as he's so biased and insulting to visitors ), There is a lack of seating for the elderly but otherwise it gives reasonable views from all around, the food and public toilets are adequate , car parking is good and I'd rather attend the EWR than Leicester .

The downside of the place is , from a riders point of view, the Armco barrier around the track which has added to certain riders injuries. There is a home advantage to be had due to the undulations around the track but then that isn't necessarily unique to the EWR. Only one changing room for all competitors with just one toilet and a couple of showers ,that can be for around 20-30 riders on a race night, never mind the 50 plus that attend amateur meetings.

Despite all that it does produce good racing, certainly better than Shefield of the last few years and I would rate the racing as in the top half dozen in the country but it is not as good as Belle Vue, Somerset , Glasgow or Redcar in my opinion.

Agree with you BUT you carnt take away the Godfrey factor as he is the problem NOT the solution. Fans should never forget that he along with his clueless mate Chapman have presided over the biggest run down of the sport in recent years. His statements are total nonsense and if we are relying on him to deal with the current crisis we are going to be 100% let down. He has zero credibility. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Track in the middle of nowhere is the only way forward. How many other clubs struggle to survive with curfews and restrictions due to there locations. From a field to what we have now is massive and with Rob constantly investing in the facility it’s only going to improve. Like has been pointed out it’s very good in comparison to some but remember your beloved Sheffield and Belle vue ain’t as good venues as torun. 

The bell vue track is the same as torun  it's the same dimensions that's why it rides as good as torun, just ask the riders who have raced on both.