British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

21 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

The bell vue track is the same as torun  it's the same dimensions that's why it rides as good as torun, just ask the riders who have raced on both. 

Rubbish on both counts  !!! Racing at Belle Vue is far better than at Torun.

Torun  325 M Straights 12 M Bends 18

Belle Vue 347 M straights 13 bends 16

It was Chris Morton who said they had taken the sizes from torun and was going to do the same at bell vue that's why I said it. And the racing can be as good at torun as bell vue 

52 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

The bell vue track is the same as torun  it's the same dimensions that's why it rides as good as torun, just ask the riders who have raced on both. 

I think you may be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

It was Chris Morton who said they had taken the sizes from torun and was going to do the same at bell vue that's why I said it. And the racing can be as good at torun as bell vue 

I think you are wrong again. 

4 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I think you are wrong again. 

Why? In which way

Not going to get into the argument re Sunny v BV and Sheffield BUT Torun looks longer then BV, and for BV to be actually longer straights mmmm

BV has been built into pre existing constraints, it could not be any bigger even if they wanted. I thought Mort went to a few tracks renowned for good racing including Torun, the shape, widths, banking angles, etc. But are you sure BV is bibber then Torun?

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not going to get into the argument re Sunny v BV and Sheffield BUT Torun looks longer then BV, and for BV to be actually longer straights mmmm

BV has been built into pre existing constraints, it could not be any bigger even if they wanted. I thought Mort went to a few tracks renowned for good racing including Torun, the shape, widths, banking angles, etc. But are you sure BV is bibber then Torun?

Figures taken from FIM supplementary regs for both tracks.

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Toruń is about 320m BV is about 350m.

I read in SS that Morton and Gordon went all over Europe gettin info on different tracks and had the old Hyde Rd plans to design the best track possible. And they did that BV is world class. EWR ain’t.  Glasgow is a far better Championship track than Scunny.

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m not knocking the club I’m merely pointing out how ridiculous Godfrey comments are about EWR being the best racetrack in UK...when by comparison to BV its a dump. It confirms what a prat he is. Just saying.

it seems to me there is only one prat here and it sure isn't rob.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

The bell vue track is the same as torun  it's the same dimensions that's why it rides as good as torun, just ask the riders who have raced on both. In fairness been to both my venue comment was more based on the stadium than the track . Which are both brilliant 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad

1 hour ago, neb said:

it seems to me there is only one prat here and it sure isn't rob.

No need to be self-critical nob.!

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Toruń is about 320m BV is about 350m.

I read in SS that Morton and Gordon went all over Europe gettin info on different tracks and had the old Hyde Rd plans to design the best track possible. And they did that BV is world class. EWR ain’t.  Glasgow is a far better Championship track than Scunny.

You were doing well till the Glasgow bit...

better stadium , YES, better race track? NO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

You were doing well till the Glasgow bit...

better stadium , YES, better race track? NO.

Ok but my point is I think Ashfield is still far better than EWR...which probably says more about how poor EWR is than how good Glasgow is!

Just my thought redcar's track can be as good as scunthorpe and Glasgow for racing . And that's not just me saying that a lot of top riders say the same. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Just my thought redcar's track can be as good as scunthorpe and Glasgow for racing . And that's not just me saying that a lot of top riders say the same. 

Agree.