British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

12 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Please enlighten me as to which four currently practice on  a  500 I’m intrigued to know as from what I understand only one is old enough to ride a 500 at the beginning of next year in any form of competition . Two don’t turn 14 until late June early July and the other 2 only turn 13 next year.  And I’m sure your sponsored rider is very appreciative of your help and I do agree the sport does need to be run independently.

also could you point me in the direction of a meeting that this has been done before at in this country where kids are in the team and racing in the main meeting and not as a second half slot. You could be right but I would like to see who was riding and in what form. Also the meetings Leon did on his 250 i believe involved 500cc riders in the same race that isn’t happening at scunthorpe 

Don’t why people are getting all “excited or upset” it’s just a friendly meeting I you fancy it attend ,if you don't, stay at home.Would like to think the riders would be paid a fair amount,but wouldn’t hold me breath on that one.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t why people are getting all “excited or upset” it’s just a friendly meeting I you fancy it attend ,if you don't, stay at home.Would like to think the riders would be paid a fair amount,but wouldn’t hold me breath on that one.

No excitement here I like to have the facts,I will be there as I usually am when there is a meeting . Don’t know about payment for the riders but I’m sure if they have agreed to ride they are obviously happy at what is being offered 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

What about the programme/booklet at £3 plus the parking at £2(which goes to the stadium owners). 

whenever has a prog at sunny been 3 quid and the parking 2.lol

9 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No excitement here I like to have the facts,I will be there as I usually am when there is a meeting . Don’t know about payment for the riders but I’m sure if they have agreed to ride they are obviously happy at what is being offered 

You and I both know Young riders will ride whatever is on offer just to get track time.Whether the admission price is just to cover expenses we will never know.

When will the sides for this be announced , I was there with my dad for the last meeting which Jordan Palin won , unfortunately I’m away with it been bank holiday but please stop all the moaning the price . My dad is an OAP and I’ve purchased him a ticket for the next event , So let’s get the bullrubbish out the way by lining Rob Godfrey pockets you must all be stupid there will be better riders on show than the last meeting and Rob is prepared to put meetings on under the guidelines set out by councils , government etc so let’s back Scunthorpe as all the moaners will possibly get there way when it’s defunct . Simple fact support your local track or it might be lost forever 

Sorry Rant over 

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Godfrey wouldn’t run this meeting without making money.

isnt the idea of any speedway meeting to make money?

where the hell did this anti making money thing come from? that how life works!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

When will the sides for this be announced , I was there with my dad for the last meeting which Jordan Palin won , unfortunately I’m away with it been bank holiday but please stop all the moaning the price . My dad is an OAP and I’ve purchased him a ticket for the next event , So let’s get the bullrubbish out the way by lining Rob Godfrey pockets you must all be stupid there will be better riders on show than the last meeting and Rob is prepared to put meetings on under the guidelines set out by councils , government etc so let’s back Scunthorpe as all the moaners will possibly get there way when it’s defunct . Simple fact support your local track or it might be lost forever 

Sorry Rant over 

Some names have been announced for Scunthorpe

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=11354

13 minutes ago, therefused said:

Not gonna lie i too think its a lot of money, I think £12 sounds like a fairer price. 

Those attending will be paying £13.50 for the speedway + £1 Car Park + £1 Programme = £15.50.  I don't think that's a bad deal for watching some speedway in the current climate, when there is so few meetings to watch.

• Like 2

Including car park, admission and prog Stoke and Kent were both £17 last year.  Belle Vue at £12 exc car park was the cheapest.

So this is broadly in line with NL admission costs.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Those attending will be paying £13.50 for the speedway + £1 Car Park + £1 Programme = £15.50.  I don't think that's a bad deal for watching some speedway in the current climate, when there is so few meetings to watch.

VAT to come out of those figures too?

We also need to remember that the size of the crowd has to be limited so if NDL meetings normally cost £13 with around 600 paying fans the admission price has to go up if only 400 are allowed by the rules in force at the moment. Last season I went to two meetings on the Isle of Wight and paid my £13 admission plus around £40 in train and boat fares from London. If the Warriors were to run a meeting this season (they have said they are not going to) I would expect the admission to be £14 or £15 and be quite happy to pay that amount. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Moranboys said:

whenever has a prog at sunny been 3 quid and the parking 2.lol

Sorry, thought you were mentioning price at Sheffield but from previous posts, I remember you being a visiter to "Sunny" Scunny.

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Its actually £15 per entrance ticket not £15.50.

The 50p is a charge by Paypal to collect the money.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, montie said:

isnt the idea of any speedway meeting to make money?

where the hell did this anti making money thing come from? that how life works!

Course it is. Makes me laugh when people think promoters do it for the love of it.

their businessmen (most poor) and are in it to make money. End of.