British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

I think Mr. Ringitsneck’s point has been lost although I don’t necessarily agree with the way he puts things across.

It was stated by Godfrey these matches were to help the kids upto NDL level get some race time. This appears to have not been quite accurate as it’s now being run as a normal meeting with riders getting paid and a paying crowd. That’s fine, that’s what it is.

The helping the kids is the misleading part , Carter and Lambert ( not yet announced to the public ) are certainly not kids , but let’s be happy that some kids are getting race time and some very desperate fans are getting to watch some form of racing.

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

I think Mr. Ringitsneck’s point has been lost although I don’t necessarily agree with the way he puts things across.

It was stated by Godfrey these matches were to help the kids upto NDL level get some race time. This appears to have not been quite accurate as it’s now being run as a normal meeting with riders getting paid and a paying crowd. That’s fine, that’s what it is.

The helping the kids is the misleading part , Carter and Lambert ( not yet announced to the public ) are certainly not kids , but let’s be happy that some kids are getting race time and some very desperate fans are getting to watch some form of racing.

but not desperate enough to pay 31 quid for me and the missus, plus petrol and maybe a drink, bringing it to around the forty five quid mark

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really looking forward to the meeting it’s coming up quick 19 heats with some quality youth and some experienced hands . Also awaiting answer from ringitsneck on question posed.

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, Moranboys said:

but not desperate enough to pay 31 quid for me and the missus, plus petrol and maybe a drink, bringing it to around the forty five quid mark

See your point on the cost but actually your probably going to get VALUE for the 45 quid you say it may cost you as it's 9 v 9 so plenty of heats to watch !!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

See your point on the cost but actually your probably going to get VALUE for the 45 quid you say it may cost you as it's 9 v 9 so plenty of heats to watch !!

sorry, still not enticing enough.lambert max or paid max,palin the same and only opposition coming from the thompson twins.

There is enough moaning on here but is it the time to drag a rider out of retirement when there must be plenty of riders hungry for some racing.

Too be honest, I think it's great to see Mr C in the side some would argue there wouldn't be a Scunthorpe Speedway without the likes of Wayne Carter great chance and occasion to give him one last meeting.

• Like 4

I like the idea of Wayne riding he is and has been a major influence on a lot of the riders in both teams with many having started under his guidance on Scunthorpe’s mini track 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I like the idea of Wayne riding he is and has been a major influence on a lot of the riders in both teams with many having started under his guidance on Scunthorpe’s mini track 

Spot on as his training days are a great experience for up & coming riders and old hands aswell

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:20 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Really looking forward to the meeting it’s coming up quick 19 heats with some quality youth and some experienced hands . Also awaiting answer from ringitsneck on question posed.

As you write so much I assumed you had all the answers. I spoke to two riders parents over the weekend who confirmed their ownership of a 500 engine but I’m sure you know who has what in their garages? Age isn’t an issue when it comes to practising on a 500. Quite a few youngsters have had one season on a 250 then concentrated on a 500 well before they were of legal age to race one, some have done it from the 125 bikes.

The current 250 boys are very good but as I previously said, there isn’t enough of them in the country to make them compulsory in NDL teams.

Whilst you two have your disagreements , the current regulations do allow for mixed cubic capacity teams although not in the same races. 
The current Northern Junior league runs separate classes in the same team and in previous years at amateur level, different classes have competed within the same team, so it is not a new idea, although one I believe should be encouraged to give clubs incentive to find new youngsters to bring into the sport.

• Like 2

Has the Leicester side been announced yet , I’m sure now Simon has been announced they will use someone like Danton Hume and Joe Lawler in there septet

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Has the Leicester side been announced yet , I’m sure now Simon has been announced they will use someone like Danton Hume and Joe Lawler in there septet

Thompson twins will be in i'd imagine

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Whilst you two have your disagreements , the current regulations do allow for mixed cubic capacity teams although not in the same races. 
The current Northern Junior league runs separate classes in the same team and in previous years at amateur level, different classes have competed within the same team, so it is not a new idea, although one I believe should be encouraged to give clubs incentive to find new youngsters to bring into the sport.

i understand the Njl run 500s and 125s in same meeting having been part of it for the last 4 seasons and their totals are added together to gain a result . however my point was the juniors in this meeting which is a 19 heat format and not 6 like Njl meetings count towards the whole meeting total. i dont believe there was a disagreement i was just searching for the facts to educate myself. most people who have a healthy knowledge of junior speedway know me and i can confirm i wasnt one of the parents asked if we had a 500 :)

• Like 1

Leicester 7 is

Connor Mountain

Joe Thompson

Dan Thompson

Joe Lawlor

Danyon Hume

Tom Spencer

James Chattin/Kean Dicken (taking 2 rides each)