6 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Leicester 7 is

Connor Mountain

Joe Thompson

Dan Thompson

Joe Lawlor

Danyon Hume

Tom Spencer

James Chattin/Kean Dicken (taking 2 rides each)

With Max james named in the star as a 250 rider who is the other 

With the teams, almost, fully announced we have

Stags - 1 rider with a 5.16 Championship average, 4 riders with a combined 24+ NDL average, 1 rider(to give the Cubs a chance) riding an upright & still doing 4 laps in 60 seconds, 1 rider 1 year on a 500cc plus 2 decent 250cc riders in the Youth Series.

Cubs - 1 rider with a 4.73 Championship average, 4 riders with a combined 29 NDL average plus 3 riders that have, I think, raced at NDL level plus 1 rider doing well in the 250cc Youth Series.

So, all in all, 17 lads, sorry, riders wanting to have a competitive spin out on a decent track & put on a spectacle for some fans on Bank Holiday Monday.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Leicester 7 is

Connor Mountain

Joe Thompson

Dan Thompson

Joe Lawlor

Danyon Hume

Tom Spencer

James Chattin/Kean Dicken (taking 2 rides each)

its actually looking a quite a bit more appealing now, think i might attend.

10 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

its actually looking a quite a bit more appealing now, think i might attend.

Personally think it’s two fairly evenly matched teams with plenty of young talent on show . Think the meeting deserves supporting by all who can get I know I shall be there 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With Max james named in the star as a 250 rider who is the other 

Ashton Vale

On 8/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally think it’s two fairly evenly matched teams with plenty of young talent on show . Think the meeting deserves supporting by all who can get I know I shall be there 

Agreed.  Can't make it myself can't believe I'm about to say this but 'I have more important things to attend to than to watch 4 riders racing around a track 4 times' :o.  Sacrilegious statements apart, no raging mobs armed with flaming torches please ;), I'd be there if I possibly could and hope it's a good & enjoyable meeting for all and helps to ensure other speedway can be safely staged in this severely affected season :D....

Edited by martinmauger
corrected apparent blasphemy the spelling
  • Haha 1

Looks like a very healthy crowd looking at twitter rides on lionsspeedway, packed in some parts...anyone care to guess attendance of those who've been??

Just got back good size crowd and good lot from Leicester as well as various other tracks. I would guess was around norm Scunny size crowd.

Great meeting hope Tom is ok.

Very enjoyable meeting, and good to catch up with some mates who i've not seen since the ben fund... Congrats to the Lion Cubs who were deserving winners... Would say the attendance was around the 700-750 mark.. Best wishes to Tom Spencer

Gen question for mr godfrey, when u marked out the track was it to a specific plan or did it just happen to produce good racing ?

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Gen question for mr godfrey, when u marked out the track was it to a specific plan or did it just happen to produce good racing ?

The track has changed fairly significantly since its inception straights and bends both widened and if memory serves me right it has more banking now without the slightly adverse camber that was there when built.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

The track has changed fairly significantly since its inception straights and bends both widened and if memory serves me right it has more banking now without the slightly adverse camber that was there when built.

Yes. The 3rd and 4th bends were much lower in the early days, to the point riders virtually slid across the track because of the adverse camber. You can see from the earth banking outside the fence there,  how much it had to be built up. I believe Rob bought up the contents of a quarry over the hill ages ago, and the 'shale' was built up in the middle of the car park for sometime. I believe he has used a different shale for a while now, and with the heavy watering seeped in, it made for a great surface, which only needed a short topup mid meeting to keep it like that. Great to see the lack of dust in the air. Thoroughly good combative meeting from two committed sides, but I wondered why Archie wasn't in heat 15 instead of Simon. 

Edited by Tsunami

This weeks guest on Talk Speedway Podcast’s My Life In Speedway series is former Scorpions number 1 David Howe 

Hear about his move to the Scorpions, the debt he felt he owed Rob Godfrey and his delight at them winning the league as he watched on frustrated.

Listen at talkspeedway.co.uk or by searching for talk speedway on Spotify, iTunes or your podcast app