British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Pooles declaration of intent with Schlein, Worrall and King has title written all over it. If meetings come down to Heat15 then they have it covered. Scorpions certainly look underpower by comparison without Jake Allen. No one jumps out that is likely to match his scoring he is after all our No1. I know this season is probably a "take whatevers on offer" affair. We will afterall just be glad to see Speedway without bothering too much about winning anything ? Perhaps our sights will just be set on seeing Jordan Palin develop in the team and then look to 2022 when the club can reset the team to be challenging ?

You never know in speedway, if one or two of them get injured, that could be their chances gone, look at us a couple of yrs ago with Steve... I wouldn't hit the panic button yet, I'm sure our brilliant leader and chairman has a plan in mind to make us competitive come May or whenever we're starting

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anybody know what pts are left for the final signing or do you think someone will be released so there will be two new signings  ? Thoughts please 

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Anybody know what pts are left for the final signing or do you think someone will be released so there will be two new signings  ? Thoughts please 

We have 7.75 left or 12.78 if we release Simon or 13.24 if we release theo personally think we should try and fill the position with a rider close to jakes average. Don't see having two riders around the 6 to 6.5 average making us any stronger 

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

We have 7.75 left or 12.78 if we release Simon or 13.24 if we release theo personally think we should try and fill the position with a rider close to jakes average. Don't see having two riders around the 6 to 6.5 average making us any stronger 

Says in the speedway star that godfrey is going to be loyal to the riders he's signed and expects to start the campaign under the points limit.

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I agree we should be looking for a rider as close as we can to Jakes average. But reading Robs comments it doesnt look likely ? He seems committed to the 2020 team in principal and the heat leaders Josh; Tommy and Tero. Trouble is with respect they will not have the "whip hand" with many other top threes ? and thats where meetings will be lost. It also overlooks a years lost track time so no one knows quite how riders will comeback ? Yes I know its the same for everyone else.  

I do get it though that its a "truncated season" with no one quite knowing how things will play out. We have argubly the best Rising Star in the league in Jordan Palin and maybe we are anticipating him coming up with some good returns ? 

2021 really is a "take us as you find us" affair. Theres no real appetite for going out and winning things; its a case of getting through to 2022 and regrouping. For this season (and is by no means just us ) teams seem to be relying on a mix of "older hands"; returnees and the youngsters. It was very similar in 1968 when the old British League Div 2 was born. 

Would be good to see the likes of BWD and Zaine Kennedy come in if we reshuffled the pack. But I do not see it having read Robs words in The Star this week. I expect they might be more likely to join the new Plymouth Promotion who are already claiming to be in talks with "international riders" and will be looking to make an impression. 

No matter I reckon we will all be just glad to get back to the EWR and some fairly regular Championship racing. To be honest if it turns out a repeat of "Saints 1972 Season like batterings home and away" I think we'll take it just to see some Speedway wont we ?

Edited by the outsider

In reality thats How I see it my post was in response to one asking what was available either way.  I agree we can expect big things of jordan round the EWR and well if we lose at least we know it will be entertaining around our track

• Like 2

Bjarne Pedersen to Plymouth and rumour has it Jason Crump is next !. Without question we have to address the loss of our Jake Allen No1 Rider while options are still available ?. Leaving it to April and whats the betting we'll end up running Rider Replacement to fill the void.