British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well there are Rumours and there are Rumours... some rumours end up as being fact and the other Rumours is an LP by Fleetwood Mac...

Crump signs for Plymouth and it will be on a 12 average I suggest so BP will be at No 5 with Crump at No 1...

Go Plymouth what a rumoured signing that has come to fruition...

Regards 

THJ  

Don't wind up my scunthorpe friends they are a very envious sensitive bunch thj !

• Haha 2

Told you ..even if Crumpy & Pedersen are both 40+ at this level surely thats some serious artillary and a real statement of intent by Gladiators ? As they say "Gladiators are you ready" ? YES ! "Scorpions are you ready" eeerrrr am not so sure ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well there are Rumours and there are Rumours... some rumours end up as being fact and the other Rumours is an LP by Fleetwood Mac...

Crump signs for Plymouth and it will be on a 12 average I suggest so BP will be at No 5 with Crump at No 1...

Go Plymouth what a rumoured signing that has come to fruition...

Regards 

THJ  

Well, wrong again it seems ... at least they don't have to depend on Pedersen now!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lewy said:

Could have been worse i suppose,Could have to watch josh auty every season :t:

ah but the thing with josh auty is that he is a CLASS ACT around the ewr, so at least the scorps fans get entertainment value.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

ah but the thing with josh auty is that he is a CLASS ACT around the ewr, so at least the scorps fans get entertainment value.

If he was that good I would have thought his average would be much higher mind you he could still be very entertaining to watch, any news on scunthorpes final rider yet?

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

If he was that good I would have thought his average would be much higher mind you he could still be very entertaining to watch, any news on scunthorpes final rider yet?

I'm not Josh's biggest fan but he is seriously entertaining round the EWR . Please remember in modern speedway a high average just means you can gate really well :D

plus it's none of your business who our last rider is so trot on back to the Plymouth thread:P 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I'm not Josh's biggest fan but he is seriously entertaining round the EWR . Please remember in modern speedway a high average just means you can gate really well :D

plus it's none of your business who our last rider is so trot on back to the Plymouth thread:P 

You just been on the Plymouth thread yourself so get back in your box like a good boy:D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

He always gets found out when the real top riders of the league come to Scunny though.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

He always gets found out when the real top riders of the league come to Scunny though.. 

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/board/820/scunthorpe-scorpions
check this out only out scored 3 times at home by opponents top riders and two of them were when opposing rider took more rides :t:

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/board/820/scunthorpe-scorpions
check this out only out scored 3 times at home by opponents top riders and two of them were when opposing rider took more rides :t:

Seen the likes of King, Schlein, Jensen, make him look distinctly average

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Seen the likes of King, Schlein, Jensen, make him look distinctly average

In fairness I've seen lots of riders make him look average but I do believe in the later part of 18 and all of 19 he was better than he's ever been around scunthorpe.

I'm seeing rumours of Woffy in at Sheffield - perhaps he could double up.....:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm seeing rumours of Woffy in at Sheffield - perhaps he could double up.....:)

As if that would ever happen...  Tai could've done so much for Scunthorpe Speedway since winning his first world championship..  he's done nothin.   As for the Scorpions 2021... since Jakes announcement, reckon we need a major rebuild ... I think we need 3  new riders not just a replacement for Jake...  I'd sooner us withdraw from the league than be just a number. 

• Confused 1

Surely it would be worth talking to jake and trying to get him to change his mind, seems alot more optimistic now with the progress of the vaccinations.

17 hours ago, Albert said:

As if that would ever happen...  Tai could've done so much for Scunthorpe Speedway since winning his first world championship..  he's done nothin.   As for the Scorpions 2021... since Jakes announcement, reckon we need a major rebuild ... I think we need 3  new riders not just a replacement for Jake...  I'd sooner us withdraw from the league than be just a number. 

I think a "major rebuild" is out the question. As its clear this season is more about us actually seeing league racing re-open again and "getting through". Robs already nailed his colours to the mast of the 2020 septet minus Jake so I dont see him changing. A lot of emphisis is on Jordan Palins progress and seeing him develop. I really dont think winning the league is our goal this season. Its just having our speedway back. With the team as it stands home matches will be tight run affairs. While away matches will be struggles. We do need another capable rider to make up the team. But as much as we would all like to see a bone fide No1 to come in and cover Jakes absence. I think we should be realistic now and accept thats if the Management are happy to allow the final make up of the team to meander into May we're picking up the left overs. Probably harsh but just the reality of that policy.