British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Fixtures out !, we kick off at Berwick Sat 1st May and then its Leicester for the EWR opener in Fri 7th May. 

Just looking at all the fixtures is making me dizzy ! Right now it looks unreal after all this time; and still not 100% convinced its going to happen as planned. But it is something to look forward to  

If we can travel Berwick here we come !

9 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Doesn’t look good for 21, plandemic a pain in the ass

Saw this on Twitter earlier, there is hope for us

BREAKING: The UK have offered to host the whole of the EURO 2021 this summer after ministers confirmed fans will be let back into football stadiums & outdoor music festivals by the end of May. [The Times]

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, ScunnyDan said:

Saw this on Twitter earlier, there is hope for us

BREAKING: The UK have offered to host the whole of the EURO 2021 this summer after ministers confirmed fans will be let back into football stadiums & outdoor music festivals by the end of May. [The Times]

Just heard something on the radio and the 17th of May is the date apparently where up to 4,000 fans will be allowed allowed into stadiums as long as this figure isn't more than 50% of the ground capacity.

The other thing is the FA Cup final is on Saturday the 15th of May 2021 so I am surprised they haven't went to this date to try and get some fans in for the final to try and  give the thing some atmosphere which is what I was told the FA were aiming/hoping for by a refereeing pal? 

But Boris has put the caveat on the ease up that it will all depend on the "Scientific Data" however all being equal fully back to normal by the 21st of June 2021...

Data not dates...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

What a start !, Crumpie at the EWR ! It just seems unreal from where we are and have been. No hanging around with the delayed fixtures and I should think not either. Lets have a great Summer of Speedway. 

13 minutes ago, the outsider said:

What a start !, Crumpie at the EWR ! It just seems unreal from where we are and have been. No hanging around with the delayed fixtures and I should think not either. Lets have a great Summer of Speedway. 

Thanks to the Plymouth promotion :t:

Any news on Jake's replacement?  Rene Bach  being mentioned in rumours, that would be a good signing for us?

1 hour ago, lewy said:

He was there on at least 6 occasions last year so no big deal :t:

• Sad 1

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

He was there on at least 6 occasions last year so no big deal :t:

Not racing against you and if no restrictions were in place you would have your biggest attendance of the season, the rest of the the league can embrace that and enjoy it,you really need to stop sucking lemons your very bitter:nono:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Any news on Jake's replacement?  Rene Bach  being mentioned in rumours, that would be a good signing for us?

Jake is very difficult if not impossible to replace. In this league in this season he would have been a 9pt rider imo. I do not see many riders out there that could come in and cover for that ?. Dane Rene Bach is one I have thought could be on the radar. I think he last rode here in 2018 and topped the averages for League Champions Workington. I have always rated the "Bachman", hes just over 7 on his old average so would fit in. He generally goes well round Scunny from recollection. In this league he might well be a rider who can add to his starting average ?. Rides for Polish League 2 side Bydgoszca which I believe would allow him to ride in the British Leagues. So yeah we could be in the "turn on overdrive with the Bachman"  You aint seen nothing yet ?

17 hours ago, lewy said:

News item dated 17th Feb regarding fixtures so no change to the original date, just revised changes to the earlier ones.

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=11955

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=11971

You really must think you are something special but as other posters have said, you are a joke.

Another one to add to my "Ignore Users" list. Goodbye :icon_smile_clown: (barring others quoting your posts :cry:)

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

News item dated 17th Feb regarding fixtures so no change to the original date, just revised changes to the earlier ones.

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=11955

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=11971

You really must think you are something special but as other posters have said, you are a joke.

Another one to add to my "Ignore Users" list. Goodbye :icon_smile_clown: (barring others quoting your posts :cry:)

Oh dear

On 2/23/2021 at 11:26 PM, the outsider said:

Jake is very difficult if not impossible to replace. In this league in this season he would have been a 9pt rider imo. I do not see many riders out there that could come in and cover for that ?. Dane Rene Bach is one I have thought could be on the radar. I think he last rode here in 2018 and topped the averages for League Champions Workington. I have always rated the "Bachman", hes just over 7 on his old average so would fit in. He generally goes well round Scunny from recollection. In this league he might well be a rider who can add to his starting average ?. Rides for Polish League 2 side Bydgoszca which I believe would allow him to ride in the British Leagues. So yeah we could be in the "turn on overdrive with the Bachman"  You aint seen nothing yet ?

Rene Bach is not currently signed up for anybody in Poland. Bach hasn’t been retained at Opole from last year so is currently teamless in Poland.

FYI aswell, Bydgoszcz compete in Division 1 in Poland and not Division 2 also - Bach didn’t ride for them last year either.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Rene Bach is not currently signed up for anybody in Poland. Bach hasn’t been retained at Opole from last year so is currently teamless in Poland.

FYI aswell, Bydgoszcz compete in Division 1 in Poland and not Division 2 also - Bach didn’t ride for them last year either.

THEN WHY CAN'T HE SIGN FOR THE DIAMONDS??? Please come bach :sad: We'll swap you, Barker for Bach

Edited by Dandelion
  • Haha 1