British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Says in the star, Wilson Dean plans on coming to the uk in April, hes had two offers from championship clubs, Scunny and Birmingham I guess.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:26 PM, the outsider said:

Jake is very difficult if not impossible to replace. In this league in this season he would have been a 9pt rider imo. I do not see many riders out there that could come in and cover for that ?. Dane Rene Bach is one I have thought could be on the radar. I think he last rode here in 2018 and topped the averages for League Champions Workington. I have always rated the "Bachman", hes just over 7 on his old average so would fit in. He generally goes well round Scunny from recollection. In this league he might well be a rider who can add to his starting average ?. Rides for Polish League 2 side Bydgoszca which I believe would allow him to ride in the British Leagues. So yeah we could be in the "turn on overdrive with the Bachman"  You aint seen nothing yet ?

and that my fellow supporters is how you do the treble in speedway .  a number 1 that also had a wee blip in his average and ended up @ reserve , if only for a short period . 

11 hours ago, eric i said:

Says in the star, Wilson Dean plans on coming to the uk in April, hes had two offers from championship clubs, Scunny and Birmingham I guess.

Or redcar maybe?

7 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Way over Redcar's average now. We've only got 6.6 to play with

Exactly. I wonder if Mat T, might be prepared to bury the hatchet and come back.

So then as the season moves closer how do we reckon the Scorpions are going to start?

- A rider well under the average - please no !

- Rene Bach who slot right in 

- Bradley Wilson Dean who I think we will have to make a change to fit in on his giant conversion average 

- Any other possibilities maybe David Bellego ? don't know where he is riding this year ?

On 2/27/2021 at 9:53 PM, sidewinder said:

Exactly. I wonder if Mat T, might be prepared to bury the hatchet and come back.

Mat t? Mathieu tressarieu?

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

So then as the season moves closer how do we reckon the Scorpions are going to start?

- A rider well under the average - please no !

- Rene Bach who slot right in 

- Bradley Wilson Dean who I think we will have to make a change to fit in on his giant conversion average 

- Any other possibilities maybe David Bellego ? don't know where he is riding this year ?

Please no rene Bach. Bad enough tero riding for the scorpions...

David Bellego FAR too good for the championship

On 2/27/2021 at 2:09 PM, Marshall07 said:

Way over Redcar's average now. We've only got 6.6 to play with

How do you get to that 6.6 figure?

It is more like 7.45 for your last rider (7.64 for a Brit) if you are retaining the same team as last year

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It is more like 7.45 for your last rider (7.64 for a Brit) if you are retaining the same team as last year

Regards
THJ

I've got 6.60 too... so I dunno where you're getting your figure from???

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Mat t? Mathieu tressarieu?

Please no rene Bach. Bad enough tero riding for the scorpions...

David Bellego FAR too good for the championship

Could do a lot worse than Rene Bach, however doubt he would do another season in the uk, as fo r Tero , whenever I have seen him racing he always give 100% and a nice chap.

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What is the team and what are their averages so I can check

Charles Wright 9.35
Kasper Andersen 4.86

Jordan Stewart 5.74
Michael Palm Toft 8.18
Anders Rowe 4.27
Jordan Jenkins **

Total: 32.40

Left: 6.60

3 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Could do a lot worse than Rene Bach, however doubt he would do another season in the uk, as fo r Tero , whenever I have seen him racing he always give 100% and a nice chap.

I know... About both of them... That's the problem though. Scunthorpe = my least favourite team by a country mile. Rene and Tero = two of my favourite riders, both on and off the track. Now do you see what I'm saying? :D In all seriousness, I wish the two riders themselves and Scunthorpe a successful 2021... Hopefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

I've put your nomination in to be in charge of agreeing final team submissions -  Bears would love 7.45 to play with  :t:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

I've put your nomination in to be in charge of agreeing final team submissions -  Bears would love 7.45 to play with  :t:

Jesus that woman has got me going round the twist; why the hell is she posting about what Redcar have left on the Scunthorpe thread...

My fault I suppose I should have read further back in the thread  but a mean... Honestly... its a Scunny thread...

Saying that I had found another small error on my Scunthorpe team so hey ho...

Oh and yes I fully agree REDCAR do have 6.60 left...

Back to the Scunthorpe team anyone? ffs I am ready to give up...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1