British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Dimitri berge

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Mat t? Mathieu tressarieu?

Please no rene Bach. Bad enough tero riding for the scorpions...

David Bellego FAR too good for the championship

What's wrong with Tero Aarnio, I'd be happy to have him in my team!

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What's wrong with Tero Aarnio, I'd be happy to have him in my team!

NOTHING... I LOVE Tero, he shares half my nationality... :D It's the Scorpions bit I don't like... ;)

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Jesus that woman has got me going round the twist; why the hell is she posting about what Redcar have left on the Scunthorpe thread...

My fault I suppose I should have read further back in the thread  but a mean... Honestly... its a Scunny thread...

Saying that I had found another small error on my Scunthorpe team so hey ho...

Oh and yes I fully agree REDCAR do have 6.60 left...

Back to the Scunthorpe team anyone? ffs I am ready to give up...

Regards
THJ

Someone suggested Bach could go to Redcar and I simply said we don't have that space

• Thanks 1

Mighty quiet in these parts lately despite the excirment that we might actually have some Speedway this summer.

With most 1-7s declared !  Options to cover Jakes absence are really diminished ? We need a 7pt rider all things equal but longer this drags on less likely thats going to happen ? 

Accepting we are probably not going to rip this league apart in 2021 ? Would there be any harm just saying sod it and get Aussie Zaine Kennedy on loan from the Tiggers ? Ok hes on a 4pt average but he can easy add two points to that ! Knows the tracks; would be based here all season and unlike UK based riders has actually been "turning circles" these past weeks as opposed to UK and EU riders sat around twiddling thumbs for 18 months ! 

I would be fine with that; ok puts Lambo back up at 2. But reckon it would not be long before ZK was pushing top 5 ! 

I reckon those teams with 1-2 Aussies have the advantage. Circa Flyin Ryan who looks to me like he will pretty much smash the Championship to bits this season at Leicester. ! Infact hes just the sort of rider we are looking for ! and is our asset ! 

Come on Management lets sort this out. 

I would love to see the 2nd option but sponsors, in speedway, are hard to find. Also, Jake would be here only riding in the 1 league until Premiership clubs make changes.

• Like 1

Kennedy is on a 4 point average for a reason and to bring him in to replace Jake would be folly. We would be woefully weak and the potential to loose every week at home would bring no benefit to the club.

having said that I don't have a clue who could replace Jake

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Kennedy is on a 4 point average for a reason and to bring him in to replace Jake would be folly. We would be woefully weak and the potential to loose every week at home would bring no benefit to the club.

having said that I don't have a clue who could replace Jake

There is nobody out there to replace Jake and score what he would have done at home or away. There are 3 clubs in for that sort of rider, think all 3 clubs may have to run a few points under the limit. 

Edited by Trackerman48
Missed some words
  • Like 1

I'd still personally make 3 changes, not that I can see Rob doing that.. personally, i just cant wait to be back on the terraces with me mates, and got a plymouth/poole away holiday in mind too, even though we're gunna get smashed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

I'd still personally make 3 changes, not that I can see Rob doing that.. personally, i just cant wait to be back on the terraces with me mates, and got a plymouth/poole away holiday in mind too, even though we're gunna get smashed

Whatever team we end up with... i'm anticipating a change or two to our original line up...  we might get smashed at Poole... but Plymouth... if that happens we must be crap...

You'd have to think Pijper is the one that would be replaced if they make more then the Allen change. After all he's never pulled up any trees anywhere and only in the team due to tragic circumstances in the first place.

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

If you would have 3 changes, where’s the 3 new one’s going to come from ?

16 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

You'd have to think Pijper is the one that would be replaced if they make more then the Allen change. After all he's never pulled up any trees anywhere and only in the team due to tragic circumstances in the first place.

I think you're underestimating Pijper, I reckon he'll do well for the Scorpions! 

• Like 1