British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

23 hours ago, proud panther said:

Not sure, how many points have you got left, & does he qualify for a reduction s he rode in the National League ?

I have just had a scan through the archives & BWD has a Championship average from 2018 BUT rode in the Premiership in 2019 so that will be his most recent average to be used, which was 5.47. This, converted by 1.5 for Championship racing gives 8.21. we only have 7.73 in total to play with.

With him being a New Zealander, I am not sure if he is entitled to a reduction even though he rode in the NDL.

I,m sure if bwd is available and willing to ride for scunthorpe that the powers to be will come up with a scenario for his average to fit:rolleyes:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lewy said:

I,m sure if bwd is available and willing to ride for scunthorpe that the powers to be will come up with a scenario for his average to fit:rolleyes:

Having spoken to the main man the rider in question will fit into the team as per the rules on the day he is announced. Just hope they don't announce him before they announce the new rules. :rofl:

• Haha 5

Did you speak to him while you were polishing his shoes or washing his car:t:

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Does BWD get a reduction for being out injured since 13 june 2019.

When did anybody qualify for a reduction on the basis of missing less than half a season through injury....

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

When did anybody qualify for a reduction on the basis of missing less than half a season through injury....

Furthermore he rode in New Zealand in both 19/20 and 20/21.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

When its in the best interests of the sports leading man........:blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

He don't wear shoes just work boots and i do t even clean my car let alone anyone else's :neutral:

41 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I don't know what qualifies a rider for a reduction, he was injured last year because he pulled out before Covid kicked off.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Having spoken to the main man the rider in question will fit into the team as per the rules on the day he is announced. Just hope they don't announce him before they announce the new rules. :rofl:

Ahhh... The rules will be changed to suit, weeks after every other team is finalised :rolleyes: Honestly that would not surprise me...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

Ahhh... The rules will be changed to suit, weeks after every other team is finalised :rolleyes: Honestly that would not surprise me...

The sad reality is we are all joking about it but no one will be surprised if it happens :(

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lewy said:

As long as he wasn't polishing his helmet... cough cough...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, eric i said:

Does BWD get a reduction for being out injured since 13 june 2019.

Even with a reduction his average would still be 8.00. I expect there will be a new 10% reduction rule added for New Zealander’s to encourage more of them to ride in Britain for this season to make him fit though, don’t panic.

• Haha 1