British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

BWD being out injured for a year and a half constitutes 0.5point average reduction, some will say Godfrey's making the rules up to suit himself but I don't believe there are any rules regarding average reassessment.

With a number 1 who's better at 5 and 4 second strings and 1 reserve think it could be a long painful season for us if we don't get a genuine heat leader with the average left . 
I am a believer in as long as I've been entertained the results don't matter but it's hard to see anything but lots of defeats home and away

14 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With a number 1 who's better at 5 and 4 second strings and 1 reserve think it could be a long painful season for us if we don't get a genuine heat leader with the average left . 
I am a believer in as long as I've been entertained the results don't matter but it's hard to see anything but lots of defeats home and away

I agree if we genuinely fill the average at no1 there’s no reason why we can’t have a a decent season with a solid middle order particularly at home and a good reserve pairing however should we start way under the average it could fast become a disaster !

Birmingham have just added Erik Riss to their line up. Riss & Harris two No1s ! add Brummies to the list of teams we are going to struggle to contain this season unless Rob pulls a rabbit out a hat ?

1 minute ago, the outsider said:

Birmingham have just added Erik Riss to their line up. Riss & Harris two No1s ! add Brummies to the list of teams we are going to struggle to contain this season unless Rob pulls a rabbit out a hat ?

I hope so but can't see bwd fitting even with huge bending of averages without making another change. And in fairness to rob he's said he won't and I do admire his stance on that .

9 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I hope so but can't see bwd fitting even with huge bending of averages without making another change. And in fairness to rob he's said he won't and I do admire his stance on that .

I wonder how long we are gonna be here guessing if Rob can get the rabbit out the hat ! A month ?

Just now, Ryan555 said:

I wonder how long we are gonna be here guessing if Rob can get the rabbit out the hat ! A month ?

No idea at all past giving a monkeys will turn up have a few beers with the people we stand with . If I'm entertained will go back the following week if not will have to think long and hard about it . 

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No idea at all past giving a monkeys will turn up have a few beers with the people we stand with . If I'm entertained will go back the following week if not will have to think long and hard about it . 

You will be there to watch Plymouth definitely lol.

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

You will be there to watch Plymouth definitely lol.

That's probably a fair assessment but it is first meeting so won't of had the opportunity to be disappointed :party:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

That's probably a fair assessment but it is first meeting so won't of had the opportunity to be disappointed :party:

Surely this season has to be about seeing some speedway ,I would take a last heat decider and a defeat over a easy win every time except against scunthorpe :lol:

48 minutes ago, lewy said:

Surely this season has to be about seeing some speedway ,I would take a last heat decider and a defeat over a easy win every time except against scunthorpe :lol:

Don't mind last heat deciders but we have no chance of out scoring against most heat leaders in 13 or 15 . Gong to need to be at least 10 in front after 12 to hope to get anything at most meetings . :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't mind last heat deciders but we have no chance of out scoring against most heat leaders in 13 or 15 . Gong to need to be at least 10 in front after 12 to hope to get anything at most meetings . :rolleyes:

Keep your chins up mate you may still get the no1 you want .

Edited by lewy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Keep your chins up mate you may still get the no1 you want .

As long as we don’t get that bad no1 I’m hopeful we will be decent at home with how well Tero, Tommy and Josh go around the Eddie Wright along with young Jordan Palin at reserve which as long as we aren’t disastrous  at home I don’t mind too much about on the road 

3 hours ago, eric i said:

BWD being out injured for a year and a half constitutes 0.5point average reduction, some will say Godfrey's making the rules up to suit himself but I don't believe there are any rules regarding average reassessment.

Strong smell of BS.......:)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Strong smell of BS.......:)

emanating from your direction.

Edited by eric i
  • Haha 1