British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

emanating from your direction.

What a fantastic retort :rofl:

17 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't mind last heat deciders but we have no chance of out scoring against most heat leaders in 13 or 15 . Gong to need to be at least 10 in front after 12 to hope to get anything at most meetings . :rolleyes:

With that in mind, with the "2nd strings" & good reserves we have then in heats when we are not against oppositions no's 1 & 5, there is no reason why we can not pick up some 4-2's & 3-3's & keep it close(or, hopefully, at home :t:)

On Monday night Lee Ashby who has been doing a great series of Lockdown interviews with Speedway greats including Darcy Ward; Bruce Penhall; Greg Hancock, Chris Holder, Joe Screen et al. Will be chatting to New Zealands  Bradley Wilson Dean !. Might be interesting what he has to say about doing the UK season in 2021 ? With options now almost down to zero if he does say he is making the trip then his destination might well be the EWR ? Tune in on Lee's You Tube Channel to find out ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, the outsider said:

On Monday night Lee Ashby who has been doing a great series of Lockdown interviews with Speedway greats including Darcy Ward; Bruce Penhall; Greg Hancock, Chris Holder, Joe Screen et al. Will be chatting to New Zealands  Bradley Wilson Dean !. Might be interesting what he has to say about doing the UK season in 2021 ? With options now almost down to zero if he does say he is making the trip then his destination might well be the EWR ? Tune in on Lee's You Tube Channel to find out ?

Surely there is no way that Bradley's last average of 8.75 can be squeezed into the Scunthorpe team? Yes I know he's been injured and what have you, but Scunthorpe currently have 7.74 remaining for their final rider. And I don't care who Rob is, not even he can scrape together enough rules to minus a full 1.01 point from Bradley's last average, can he?

Either more changes need to be made to accommodate him, OR yous need to be looking elsewhere, and I'd suggest with Redcar's struggle to sign riders such as Lasse Bjerre, Tim Sorensen and Victor Palovaara with no success, it ain't gonna be easy/means that Scunthorpe will be well under the limit. I suggest a Zaine Kennedy or a Josh MacDonald is much more realistic. Wonder if Theo can temp young Roman Hummel back onto the shale? Looked quite the prospect for Berwick when he rode for them...

Josh Auty © 7.42
Simon Lambert 5.03
Tero Aarnio 6.85
Theo Pijper 5.49
Thomas Jorgensen 6.47
Josh MacDonald 4.00
Jordan Palin *

Total: 35.26

Would like to see a rabbit pulled out the hat. Scunthorpe aren't my favourite team, in fact they're my least favourite, but I do like to see all teams being competitive...

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Surely there is no way that Bradley's last average of 8.75 can be squeezed into the Scunthorpe team? Yes I know he's been injured and what have you, but Scunthorpe currently have 7.74 remaining for their final rider. And I don't care who Rob is, not even he can scrape together enough rules to minus a full 1.01 point from Bradley's last average, can he?

Either more changes need to be made to accommodate him, OR yous need to be looking elsewhere, and I'd suggest with Redcar's struggle to sign riders such as Lasse Bjerre, Tim Sorensen and Victor Palovaara with no success, it ain't gonna be easy/means that Scunthorpe will be well under the limit. I suggest a Zaine Kennedy or a Josh MacDonald is much more realistic. Wonder if Theo can temp young Roman Hummel back onto the shale? Looked quite the prospect for Berwick when he rode for them...

Bradley's last average is 8.21, because the conversion rate changed from 1.6 to 1.5.

Just now, eric i said:

Bradley's last average is 8.21, because the conversion rate changed from 1.6 to 1.5.

Well if that's the case, he still needs a good 0.47 points off his average...

His confirmed average for last year was 8.75 though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eric i said:

0.5 average reduction doesn't seem unreasonable to me for a year and half out injured.....

http://www.somerset-speedway.com/news.php?extend.2644.1 

Extract

" ...missed the latter half of the campaign through injury and underwent surgery on his shoulder. Whilst racing in New Zealand he has still been struggling with the pain, although managed to retain his New Zealand Solo Title and the New Zealand Grand Prix championship"

Doesn't seem to me he has missed a season and a half....

Rode in and retained his National title. So he made a successful return but subsequently decided to rest again. He has ridden since too

No reduction of any amount is justifiable

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Extract

" ...missed the latter half of the campaign through injury and underwent surgery on his shoulder. Whilst racing in New Zealand he has still been struggling with the pain, although managed to retain his New Zealand Solo Title and the New Zealand Grand Prix championship"

Rode in and retained his National title. So he made a successful return but subsequently decided to rest again. He has ridden since too

It's a lot more justifiable than Jason Crumps average reduction this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, eric i said:

It's a lot more justifiable than Jason Crumps average reduction this year.

Deflection is not debate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Extract

He's ridden more than Craig Cook in the last 17 months, so perhaps Cook should get the reduction instead!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dandelion said:
Josh Auty © 7.42
Simon Lambert 5.03
Tero Aarnio 6.85
Theo Pijper 5.49
Thomas Jorgensen 6.47
Josh MacDonald 4.00
Jordan Palin *

Total: 35.26

Would like to see a rabbit pulled out the hat. Scunthorpe aren't my favourite team, in fact they're my least favourite, but I do like to see all teams being competitive...

That lot will get mullered away and will lose a lot at home not competitive at all no heat leader except Auty and he's proven countless times he's not good at number 1

• Like 1

BWD first rode in the NL with Eastbourne .

This means he is able to claim to be British & therefore a reduction in his average.

What he may have done off shore is not a matter for discussion regards his BL average

48 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

That lot will get mullered away and will lose a lot at home not competitive at all no heat leader except Auty and he's proven countless times he's not good at number 1

In a weakened league You'd expect perhaps Auty, Aarnio and especially Jorgensen to add say a combined 4 points to their starting averages. Then what is the expectation for Palin?  5 points? 6? 7?  Then if the 7th rider is a Kennedy or a MacDonald they could add a couple. All of a sudden you're averaging 47 points and doing fine.