British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

53 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Jake Allen is not injured. 

Didn't say he was just stating that teams have declared a rider who isn't actually going to ride then used rr for him :t:

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

"Playing devils advocate what say we run rider replacement to see May out run down the averages (its likely to happen naturally) then bring in BWD in June ? That might just be the solution and we get a 110% committed racer and No1. "

Quoting part of your post, what happens if Palin increases his average to around 4-5 thus eliminating the change due to other dropping.

Can anyone tell us what happens to the rising stars as it only says, in both leagues, teams must build teams to a certain level plus a rising star at he start of a season. Once the season has started, do they remain protected & stay at no7?

Say, as in Leicester's case, they have 2 rising stars so could they swap?

Once a rising star gets a true average, can he then move up to the other reserve berth or even higher, into the main body?

Can any one on here answer these questions truthfully rather than surmising? I have not seen any thing yet on here, the BSP Ltd site or the SCB site.

Doesnt Jordan Palin remain at reserve for the whole season and keep the same average ? Surely if he ends up being promoted into the main body of the team that ends his "protected heats". Is that not the idea or have I missed something ? In which case JP can slam in as big a scores as he likes it wont impact our team average. I think ...?

25 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Didn't say he was just stating that teams have declared a rider who isn't actually going to ride then used rr for him :t:

I believe that the intention was that he was going to come into the team when fit.

I think that after it became clear that he needed much longer time to regain his fitness he was replaced by Jan Gravensen.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, spin king said:

I believe that the intention was that he was going to come into the team when fit.

I think that after it became clear that he needed much longer time to regain his fitness he was replaced by Jan Gravensen.

Gravensen ( retired )

1 hour ago, the outsider said:

Doesnt Jordan Palin remain at reserve for the whole season and keep the same average ? Surely if he ends up being promoted into the main body of the team that ends his "protected heats". Is that not the idea or have I missed something ? In which case JP can slam in as big a scores as he likes it wont impact our team average. I think ...?

Unfortunately the BSPA have been very quiet with the rules for rising stars, so I have no idea if they stay at reserve all year, personally I don't imagine they will! I've also read no statements suggesting they get any "protected heats" if not a rising star could be put at 6, get heat 2 then meet the 1&2 / 3&4  pairings before being dropped from his last ride! 

Edited by szkocjasid

8 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

"Playing devils advocate what say we run rider replacement to see May out run down the averages (its likely to happen naturally) then bring in BWD in June ? That might just be the solution and we get a 110% committed racer and No1. "

Quoting part of your post, what happens if Palin increases his average to around 4-5 thus eliminating the change due to other dropping.

Can anyone tell us what happens to the rising stars as it only says, in both leagues, teams must build teams to a certain level plus a rising star at he start of a season. Once the season has started, do they remain protected & stay at no7?

Say, as in Leicester's case, they have 2 rising stars so could they swap?

Once a rising star gets a true average, can he then move up to the other reserve berth or even higher, into the main body?

Can any one on here answer these questions truthfully rather than surmising? I have not seen any thing yet on here, the BSP Ltd site or the SCB site.

With the way the starting limit is set a team could lose their first six matches by at least 10 points a time and still increase the overall average

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the outsider said:

No Rising Star stays at reserve if his average goes up... they move into the main body of the team with their own average... if they get injured they can only be replaced with a Rising Star of the same rating or less... so if you have a 3 star rider and no other 3's or 2's are available you get a 1 star rider... so if ya 3 star rider gets up to a 5 average and ends up in the main body then gets injured you have to replace him with another Rising Star...

Regards 

THJ 

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No Rising Star stays at reserve if his average goes up... they move into the main body of the team with their own average... if they get injured they can only be replaced with a Rising Star of the same rating or less... so if you have a 3 star rider and no other 3's or 2's are available you get a 1 star rider... so if ya 3 star rider gets up to a 5 average and ends up in the main body then gets injured you have to replace him with another Rising Star...

Regards 

THJ 

So,,, just suppose you had a really good rising star, could it be possible for him to rise to the no.1 team position, (a be-ro star),,, he maybe gets injured and, possibly has to be replaced by a not very good star?

8 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So,,, just suppose you had a really good rising star, could it be possible for him to rise to the no.1 team position, (a be-ro star),,, he maybe gets injured and, possibly has to be replaced by a not very good star?

Falling star anyone

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yep; he could be hot stuff on the Curry Star Rating and have an 8 average and all you can replace him with is a rider of the same star rating or less; so if he was a 2 Star Rating you couldn't even get a 3 Star Rated rider to replace him even if one was available. So it will be swapping a Vindaloo for a Korma...

This is only a guess but unless Rob can come up with something special; like a manipulation or bending of the rules to get someone to fit; Scunny will be running with a 4 or 5 point rider either Zaine Kennedy; Josh McDonald or Kasper Andersen then possibly Lasse Fredriksen; Ondrej Smetana; Nick Skorja or another new foreign rider who would come in on a 5; or there is always the option to drop someone from the team to bring in one high and one lower averaged rider however there are literally no options out there available so Rob is between a rock and a hard place whatever he does. Also the latest on BWD as to whether he will come over and do the UK this season is now he wont be coming over. (But that could change again depending on offers)

Furthermore I doubt there will be any facilities allowed for missing riders as suggested who at least haven't ridden for a team; although there have been exceptions in the past it is frowned upon and European lockdowns and travel restrictions are going to be very interesting to see what happens under these circumstances... Newcastle have Claus Vissing in at No1 and intend to use him however if he gets stuck in Denmark would it be fair for them to use R/R for their number 1 when he hasn't turned a wheel  for the club; would Newcastle get a facility? It has the potential to get really messy... 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep; he could be hot stuff on the Curry Star Rating and have an 8 average and all you can replace him with is a rider of the same star rating or less; so if he was a 2 Star Rating you couldn't even get a 3 Star Rated rider to replace him even if one was available. So it will be swapping a Vindaloo for a Korma...

This is only a guess but unless Rob can come up with something special; like a manipulation or bending of the rules to get someone to fit; Scunny will be running with a 4 or 5 point rider either Zaine Kennedy; Josh McDonald or Kasper Andersen then possibly Lasse Fredriksen; Ondrej Smetana; Nick Skorja or another new foreign rider who would come in on a 5; or there is always the option to drop someone from the team to bring in one high and one lower averaged rider however there are literally no options out there available so Rob is between a rock and a hard place whatever he does. Also the latest on BWD as to whether he will come over and do the UK this season is now he wont be coming over. (But that could change again depending on offers)

Furthermore I doubt there will be any facilities allowed for missing riders as suggested who at least haven't ridden for a team; although there have been exceptions in the past it is frowned upon and European lockdowns and travel restrictions are going to be very interesting to see what happens under these circumstances... Newcastle have Claus Vissing in at No1 and intend to use him however if he gets stuck in Denmark would it be fair for them to use R/R for their number 1 when he hasn't turned a wheel  for the club; would Newcastle get a facility? It has the potential to get really messy... 

Regards
THJ

Yes indeed could get very messy, a rider I would love to see riding for the Scorpions however it is unlikely is Andreas Lyager who came over as a young lad a few years ago and seems to have progressed massively over in Europe however with the restrictions in Europe he probably wont come over.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yes indeed could get very messy, a rider I would love to see riding for the Scorpions however it is unlikely is Andreas Lyager who came over as a young lad a few years ago and seems to have progressed massively over in Europe however with the restrictions in Europe he probably wont come over.  

Definitely an option and never say never as in these current crazy times I wouldn't rule anything out to be fair

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

Haven’t read all of the thread and I apologise if it’s already been mentioned but what about james sarjeant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Haven’t read all of the thread and I apologise if it’s already been mentioned but what about james sarjeant.

Yeah deffo a shout out of the low average riders if we have to go down that route