British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

5 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Haven’t read all of the thread and I apologise if it’s already been mentioned but what about james sarjeant.

No thanks be better with Macdonald and he's a poor option 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So,,, just suppose you had a really good rising star, could it be possible for him to rise to the no.1 team position, (a be-ro star),,, he maybe gets injured and, possibly has to be replaced by a not very good star?

that's just unlucky though isn't it.  And luck or lack of it plays a massive part in any sport. You'd still be on an even par with your opponents.  How many times in the past has a youngster  increased their average from the assessed two or three to then find themselves replaced, by an old hand on a lower average, once they start to struggle. At least by retaining their star status once ready to return from injury the young rider will be able to re-take their place.

I'm not a fan of the rising star scheme but something needed to be done to make sure youngsters are given time to develop rather than being chucked in and replaced by a more experienced rider at the earliest opportunity.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No Rising Star stays at reserve if his average goes up... they move into the main body of the team with their own average... if they get injured they can only be replaced with a Rising Star of the same rating or less... so if you have a 3 star rider and no other 3's or 2's are available you get a 1 star rider... so if ya 3 star rider gets up to a 5 average and ends up in the main body then gets injured you have to replace him with another Rising Star...

Regards 

THJ 

My understanding is slightly different in that each team must have a minimum of 1 rising star in their team & it states nowhere that if you wanted to sign a different rising star they have to replace your current rising star. 

So let’s use Palin as an example if he rose to get a 6.00average he moves into the team.

Palin then gets injured (hopefully not) I understand Scunthorpe COULD replace Palin with a 6.00 rider but they would then have to release someone else lower down the averages to bring in the compulsory rising star.

I hope that makes sense .

Edited by Lionspride

1 hour ago, Lionspride said:

My understanding is slightly different in that each team must have a minimum of 1 rising star in their team & it states nowhere that if you wanted to sign a different rising star they have to replace your current rising star. 

So let’s use Palin as an example if he rose to get a 6.00average he moves into the team.

Palin then gets injured (hopefully not) I understand Scunthorpe COULD replace Palin with a 6.00 rider but they would then ha8ve to release someone else lower down the averages to bring in the compulsory rising star.

I hope that makes sense .

Yes it does make sense but is that not double standards... as far as I have been informed you replace your Rising Star with another Rising Star as they don't count on the team build as such at the start of the season as they get a star rating  to start with rather than an average... so they cant carry over their points from their average to the rest of the team if injured... cake and eat it springs to mind... if that's the case when Pailin goes into the main body should the lowest averaged rider not be dropped for another Star Rated Rider who stays at reserve until he moves out of that position if each club has to have a Rising Star... it's a pile of Pony if you ask me...

It's the Rising Star position that's protected not the rider or his average? Isn't it? Surely? Eh?

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

54 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yes it does make sense but is that not double standards... as far as I have been informed you replace your Rising Star with another Rising Star as they don't count on the team build as such at the start of the season as they get a star rating  to start with rather than an average... so they cant carry over their points from their average to the rest of the team if injured... cake and eat it springs to mind... if that's the case when Pailin goes into the main body should the lowest averaged rider not be dropped for another Star Rated Rider who stays at reserve until he moves out of that position if each club has to have a Rising Star... it's a pile of Pony if you ask me...

It's the Rising Star position that's protected not the rider or his average? Isn't it? Surely? Eh?

Regards 

THJ 

Simplicity is the hardest thing to do. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

9 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Haven’t read all of the thread and I apologise if it’s already been mentioned but what about james sarjeant.

As someone becoming increasingly bored of the team situation at Scunny...  and someone getting used to life in the covid era...  any inclusion of James Sargeant would be the end of my involvement in the sport....  I need my interest igniting, unless things change I fear im done with the sport.

45 minutes ago, Albert said:

As someone becoming increasingly bored of the team situation at Scunny...  and someone getting used to life in the covid era...  any inclusion of James Sargeant would be the end of my involvement in the sport....  I need my interest igniting, unless things change I fear im done with the sport.

I must admit an involvement of someone who is the standard of James Searjant replacing someone like Jake Allen will be visible by the figures in the crowd for Rob to tell I hope he can put the rabbit out the hat and fast ! 

46 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I must admit an involvement of someone who is the standard of James Searjant replacing someone like Jake Allen will be visible by the figures in the crowd for Rob to tell I hope he can put the rabbit out the hat and fast ! 

The way things are panning out at Newcastle Ben Barker fits... 

Regards 

THJ 

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Was there an expiry date on that 'pint offer'? ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Care to expand on that?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Connor Mountain would be a better option

50 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Care to expand on that?

Yeah looking likely that we will have Ben Barker which I don’t really mind he did boost our away form last season. For the people that are now very confused Newcastle council have said that can’t host meetings until towards the end of June though they do still say they will run however I think it will be tough ! 

9 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah looking likely that we will have Ben Barker which I don’t really mind he did boost our away form last season. For the people that are now very confused Newcastle council have said that can’t host meetings until towards the end of June though they do still say they will run however I think it will be tough ! 

Not sure if the council has said they can't host meetings, a think it's more than likely that they've said that the expected crowd capacity is reduced further than was expected. 

• Haha 1

Rob Godfrey has had to use his high status figure head to finally find a rider to replace Jake Allen although, it has restrictions in place. The said rider is J Garrity which will not go down with some on here, but it is with the proviso that he travels from his "home", tagged & with a guard in a standard vehicle. All his operational gear will be maintained at the club & will travel from the EWR , when required.

His attendance is based on him being able to travel "home" before midnight. On the proviso where this is not possible, IIR can & may be used.

Another option which was looked in to was the possibility of signing Maksym Drabik, as he is still unable to ride to ride in Poland due to the use of a banned substance. This, however, is still under review as it was an IV drip given & authorised by his club doctor. As far as we are aware, under ACU rules, he can still ride in another country but under their Governing Body.

Note; IIR translates to irate inmate replacement 

• Haha 7