British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

whilst i am aware of who said rider is, i dont think the team will be that bad at home.. yeah we're gonna take some absolute thrashings away (just not at plymouth, the oap's will be begging for their retirement home by then) but we should be ok at home

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

whilst i am aware of who said rider is, i dont think the team will be that bad at home.. yeah we're gonna take some absolute thrashings away (just not at plymouth, the oap's will be begging for their retirement home by then) but we should be ok at home

We will see:nono:

15 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Any clue when an announcement will come then ?!?! 

14 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Would be nice to know when at least, even if it's not who... I'm still guessing it'll be one of the Aussies... How many leagues is Thomas H Jonasson riding in? I know he's riding for Daugavpils in Poland and Piraterna in Sweden... Does he have a Danish club?

21 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Knowing Rob G, probably the day before the first meeting, but prior to that, we'd have to make an announcement about the announcement 

2 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Knowing Rob G, probably the day before the first meeting, but prior to that, we'd have to make an announcement about the announcement 

Yeah we do seem to be top of that game these days !! 

15 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Maybe waiting to see if Garrity gets out on parole:D

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe waiting to see if Garrity gets out on parole:D

Or over the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To me if we were going for a 7pt rider I can understand the delay. But we are clearly not bringing in a rider on that kind of average. So no point in dragging this out any longer ? Everyones declared their hand already so theres no need for a "big reveal". Personally I would favour one of the Aussie lads who are race ready and committed for what amounts to the 2021 season. They can hit the ground running. But with the likes of Brit James Sargeant still needing to get fixed up could well see us "sticking to the British based" ethos of the league set up and Rob giving the jacket to him ?.

Infact is it almost incumbant upon the SGB Chairman to show his support for a young British rider forced onto the sidelines because he has been let go by his club ?

We just have to get on with it and see where it takes us ? 

As Dan say lots of "pan handlings" away and we wont win all the meetings at home. But hey at least we might very well have our Speedway back !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

maybe  brits are the way to go this year what if overseas riders pull out at the last minute or can’t get to travel, or can’t pay for isolation etc 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, jenga said:

whoever rides in the 2021 newky team they will need support from you guys . good luck in the survival race , but that team is a worry .

you are correct . mr w , but that has never stopped me posting on here .

PS . scunny  worse than newcastle , but better than plymouth , just .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

you are correct . mr w , but that has never stopped me posting on here .

PS . scunny  worse than newcastle , but better than plymouth , just .

Dream on.lol 

Has there been any informtion yet on things like capacity or if tickets will have to be pre-brought? 

48 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Has there been any informtion yet on things like capacity or if tickets will have to be pre-brought? 

It's a certainty that we all have to buy our tickets online. It's the only way you can seriously control the number who attend the meetings.

• Like 1

Would the "Inner sanctum crowd"  like to enlighten the mere Pleb Scorpion fans, who the new rider is? :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1