British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Ricky Wells , Bach or Klindt

Ricky Wells is riding for Glasgow 

9 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Ricky Wells , Bach or Klindt

Ricky Wells is at Glasgow and wouldn’t expect Klindt to ride in the championship with his various European commitments however I would have bach no problem ! 

I believe the 2 Scots clubs might not come to the table due to there own covid rules been different to the rest of the clubs 

Also the other rider every one is refusing to name will be Josh McDonald a good rider 

Edited by Tosh1218
Missed something off
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I believe the 2 Scots clubs might not come to the table due to there own covid rules been different to the rest of the clubs 

Also the other rider every one is refusing to name will be Josh McDonald a good rider 

Yeah just josh Macdonald is not really the same calibre of who is replacing but yeah if we can’t go up to the points limit he’s a solid rider

7 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

From my understanding it's a none British rider who has been delivering the goods all winter :)

Jan Graversen?, last I heard he was driving for a haulage firm somewhere not too far from Scunthorpe.

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

The Scottish Clubs will be at the table.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

Jan Graversen?, last I heard he was driving for a haulage firm somewhere not too far from Scunthorpe.

What sort of average did he used to be 4-5 ish ?

4 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah just josh Macdonald is not really the same calibre of who is replacing but yeah if we can’t go up to the points limit he’s a solid rider

Solid they dont call him chunk for nothing:party:

9 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

From my understanding it's a none British rider who has been delivering the goods all winter :)

mason deliveroo  campton ?

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jenga said:

mason deliveroo  campton ?

Weren’t they on about Benji Compton ? Though I do think Mason Campton is a better option all very confusing ! Would help if they just announced it ! 

For me it was always a flick of a coin for one of the available Aussies. Not least because of their increased track time in the past year or so. Josh MacDonald was unlucky to be cut loose by Pirates so its a great opportunity for him. Had made progress at Sheffield in 2019 so has the track knowledge already. 

On a 4 point averages means Lambo steps up into the main body of the team. Six and two threes though because JP & JMac should be amongst the points at reserve. Meaning that they and Lambo become interchangeable ? 

Auty, Lambert, Tommy, Pijper, Aarnio, Jordy and JMac it is then ? No No1 there on the face of it. Auty should have it tapped round Scunny but up against sides with two No1s its going to be tough going away. Still everyones been out for nigh on 18 months so no one really knows how well any of the riders will fair when they return to regular league racing. 

2021 is at least a summer of some Speedway and win lose or draw lets be thankful for that. Just watching how we get on is going to be really interesting and especially having a true rising star in Jordan Palin in his senior league racing debut season adds that bit extra to the anticipation. Reminds me of when Kenny Carter made the step up in his first season for the Dukes ! If hes half as good we will have a rider. 

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Weren’t they on about Benji Compton ? Though I do think Mason Campton is a better option all very confusing ! Would help if they just announced it ! 

I think there holding on incase a higher ranked rider becomes available ,to me Pyper and Lambert will be at risk as McDonald will increase his 4pt starting average 

6 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I think there holding on incase a higher ranked rider becomes available ,to me Pyper and Lambert will be at risk as McDonald will increase his 4pt starting average 

Yeah I do agree Macdonald should hit the ground running with it being his second year having learnt the tracks 

Just seen that Benji Compton has announced he is riding for Belle Vue Colts so I think that explains him being back on a bike and possibly rules him out of the Scunthorpe seat a little more to be honest 

Benji Compton stands as much chance of signing for us as Danny Phillips!   Macdonald is not in same class as Jake, but not many riders available, and Rob will definitely not break the bank just yet. :D

• Haha 1