British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Benji Compton stands as much chance of signing for us as Danny Phillips!   Macdonald is not in same class as Jake, but not many riders available, and Rob will definitely not break the bank just yet. :D

Yeah it’s gonna be really difficult to pull someone out of Europe given the current situation

If it is a toss up between J Macdonald or Z Kennedy I would probably veer towards Kennedy.

Yeah either of them two or Godfrey could pull someone out of retirement like he’s kind of done with Pijper ! 

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

If it is a toss up between J Macdonald or Z Kennedy I would probably veer towards Kennedy.

I think its high time the management ended all this guessing game. Josh Mac seems the one reading between the lines. But agree Zaine Kennedy would be my choice. Either way I think both are capable of adding a couple of points to their start average. But now with heading into 4 weeks before tapes up I would expect riders to be arriving in the UK all being well. So I dont see the point of dragging this out ? We know its not going to be a 7+ rider so we may as well just make an announcement so we all know where we stand ?

• Like 2

No idea like but what would skornicki or Ryan fisher come in at,..clutching straws here after a few sherbats it is allowed isn’t it 

• Sad 1

It's perhaps a possibility that another club may be struggling to come to the tapes which could throw up some riders, in his role as Chairman he would know that but of course would be doing everything he could to help them. Could just be a waiting game. Financially this could be the most difficult season for club owners, 1 blip in the figures and stadiums could be empty, it's about survival.

7 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

No idea like but what would skornicki or Ryan fisher come in at,..clutching straws here after a few sherbats it is allowed isn’t it 

Think you will find both have retired from racing so no chance of ether riding again. 

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

It's perhaps a possibility that another club may be struggling to come to the tapes which could throw up some riders, in his role as Chairman he would know that but of course would be doing everything he could to help them. Could just be a waiting game. Financially this could be the most difficult season for club owners, 1 blip in the figures and stadiums could be empty, it's about survival.

Care to elaborate ?

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Care to elaborate ?

Steve think he maybe talking about Newcastle and let's be honest if and it's a big if rob did pull the plug think no ONE could blame him with everything that's been thrown at him. 

2 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Steve think he maybe talking about Newcastle and let's be honest if and it's a big if rob did pull the plug think no ONE could blame him with everything that's been thrown at him. 

I can't see Rob throwing the towel in, especially after spending the money he has so far.  He obviously sees potential at Newcastle and (I believe) is in for the long term.

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I can't see Rob throwing the towel in, especially after spending the money he has so far.  He obviously sees potential at Newcastle and (I believe) is in for the long term.

Yeah I agree I did think initially they might pull out leaving us Ben Barker but I don’t think they will to be honest 

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Care to elaborate ?

Nothing to elaborate on until Local Authorities have finally made their minds up on permissible spectator numbers, there appears to be a lack of consistency which may have an impact on some clubs ability to run, it's still relatively early days in some areas.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, the outsider said:

I think its high time the management ended all this guessing game. Josh Mac seems the one reading between the lines. But agree Zaine Kennedy would be my choice. Either way I think both are capable of adding a couple of points to their start average. But now with heading into 4 weeks before tapes up I would expect riders to be arriving in the UK all being well. So I dont see the point of dragging this out ? We know its not going to be a 7+ rider so we may as well just make an announcement so we all know where we stand ?

I only hope Rob has this rider nailed on & signed, even though that could change, but I have an (un gentleman) feeling that Poole(renowned for changing riders at the drop of a hat) could drop Keleher & Cook & sign both Macdonald & Kennedy whom both performed better in Australia this last winter. 

It really is dragging on now! So maybe there is hope that it’s a decent European rider who just doesn’t want to commit to the UK until everything is certain, close to the start of the season?! As if it’s Kennedy or McDonald then surely they’d already be signed up by now and sorting out their transit over here. 

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I only hope Rob has this rider nailed on & signed, even though that could change, but I have an (un gentleman) feeling that Poole(renowned for changing riders at the drop of a hat) could drop Keleher & Cook & sign both Macdonald & Kennedy whom both performed better in Australia this last winter. 

Thats quite difficult (not to mention expensive) given the Visa process and its costs and commitments 

• Like 1