British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I only hope Rob has this rider nailed on & signed, even though that could change, but I have an (un gentleman) feeling that Poole(renowned for changing riders at the drop of a hat) could drop Keleher & Cook & sign both Macdonald & Kennedy whom both performed better in Australia this last winter. 

That would be unexpected to say the least and frought with red tape I guess ? But if it happened I'd take Zane Keleher in jiffy ! Hes one great lad and super professional. Easily the "Lockdown Rider 2020" for his resolve and innovation whilst stuck in the UK earning nothing and waiting on a start that never happened.

Do agree looking at the Poole pair up against JMac & ZK they might be behind in UK track experience terms. But do not under estimate Keleher & Cook both could be suprise packets in this League. 

If Scorpions can add either Kennedy or MacDonald I would be confident we will be getting a rider who can be up to speed from the off and soon pushing for a top 5 spot. 

If IF ! Newcy failed to make it to the tapes that would be a big negative for Speedway GB just as the big launch is set with Eurosport. Plus their confirmed 1-7 being "tipped out" on the eve of the shortened season ? Cannot see the League Commitee letting things get to this stage only to let the Diamonds fall by the wayside ?. 

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats quite difficult (not to mention expensive) given the Visa process and its costs and commitments 

Why would Poole release 2 riders signed as club assets who already have local sponsorship and local workshop facilities, bearing in mind they have already released MacDonald?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would Poole release 2 riders signed as club assets who already have local sponsorship and local workshop facilities, bearing in mind they have already released MacDonald?

I do agree but you just never know stranger things have happened ! 

10 hours ago, Loosewheel said:

I hear Jake is keen to come back :t:

I heard that too, but on mega terms that the management will not match.

I hope terms can be agreed with Jake. I think last year he wasted a load of time and money waiting in this country for a late start to the season, he probably wants to make sure the season is going ahead.

Think Jake would require to double up to make it worth it...  his place at Ipswich is taken

16 minutes ago, Albert said:

Think Jake would require to double up to make it worth it...  his place at Ipswich is taken

Unless Klindt gets stuck in Poland....

• Thanks 1

Good day until the hail storm arrived at the EWR today some very good lads on show most of them national league riders & was great to see bomber Harris blasting around it getting nice & close to the air fence 

3 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Good day until the hail storm arrived at the EWR today some very good lads on show most of them national league riders & was great to see bomber Harris blasting around it getting nice & close to the air fence 

Saw he was out with Palin how were they comparing ? 

15 hours ago, Loosewheel said:

I hear Jake is keen to come back :t:

That would just be amazing !

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Saw he was out with Palin how were they comparing ? 

Year it was good to see Harris pushing ( not too hard young Jordan ) as they will be probably paird together in heat 4 for Peterborough 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I heard that too, but on mega terms that the management will not match.

Crikey thats a late curved ball ? Maybe he thinks he was a bit hasty to rule himself out now things are looking set for a summer of UK speedway ?. Ippo is an issue for him as they are declared 1-7 so that ships sailed. Might well up his terms to race initially in the Champ with Scorpions ? Then hes here and a Prem opportunity is sure to crop up for him. But he will want more to commit to riding soley for Scunny in the first instance. Clear dilemma for Rob & the team if so but if we want to solve our problem position - No1 Jakes the man and he would be a game changer no doubt about that. 

6 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Crikey thats a late curved ball ? Maybe he thinks he was a bit hasty to rule himself out now things are looking set for a summer of UK speedway ?. Ippo is an issue for him as they are declared 1-7 so that ships sailed. Might well up his terms to race initially in the Champ with Scorpions ? Then hes here and a Prem opportunity is sure to crop up for him. But he will want more to commit to riding soley for Scunny in the first instance. Clear dilemma for Rob & the team if so but if we want to solve our problem position - No1 Jakes the man and he would be a game changer no doubt about that. 

Yeah I really hope Rob has realised that replacing Jake to the exact average is near impossible given how late In the day it is and is keen to get the deal done even if it costs a little more 

I’m sure there could be a problem with Klindt at Ipswich rumoured to be staying in Europe for this season so will that cause problems with getting to Britain ??? . He would get cheap enough flights back to Stanstead  but it’s the covid testing which might be the snag