British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

with Argentina on the red list with only uk citizens aloud to travel back here will coty Garcia be able to get over here 

50 minutes ago, mac101 said:

with Argentina on the red list with only uk citizens aloud to travel back here will coty Garcia be able to get over here 

He's booked in for a chat with Cameron and Hancock so all safety aspects can be ignored

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Well he did say that he was gonna retire/ sit a few seasons out so think it’s unlikely but you never know 

On track at Leicester yesterday

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, Ryan555 said:

Saw he was out with Palin how were they comparing ? 

Decent it looked like Harris was teaching him about lines etc & Jordan looked a class act

5 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Would like to see perks at Newcastle if the riders who occupy 2 & 4 are stuggling.. but a doubt that would happen 

26 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Interesting !

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

He looked good as well, using Sam masters spare bike I believe, I know he is taking his PT work seriously now but he is a real talent on a bike and would fit nicely in someone’s team 

50 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He looked good as well, using Sam masters spare bike I believe, I know he is taking his PT work seriously now but he is a real talent on a bike and would fit nicely in someone’s team 

It appears that Ellis may have the Speedway bug back and at present it looks like he may be heading up to Scotland to replace an overseas based rider in an enforced change due to Covid travel restrictions. 

This is unless Scunthorpe or Redcar can better the deal that has been offered which i understand is heavily backed by a sponsor to provide equipment, mechanic and a better deal than what was offered at Leicester 

30 minutes ago, flagrag said:

It appears that Ellis may have the Speedway bug back and at present it looks like he may be heading up to Scotland to replace an overseas based rider in an enforced change due to Covid travel restrictions. 

This is unless Scunthorpe or Redcar can better the deal that has been offered which i understand is heavily backed by a sponsor to provide equipment, mechanic and a better deal than what was offered at Leicester 

Rides Armadale well also would strengthen them. ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, eric i said:

Jake would not have to wait too long to get a premiership place, surely they can pay him a bit extra until he gets his double up spot.

I would tend to agree with this scenario as probable issues with Klindt & possibly others flying in & out of the country on higher than normal air fares plus the covid restrictions could mean places become available in the Premiership.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

6 man teams, every team has to drop their number 1

You joke, but this has been proven to be the single biggest mistake made at the AGM this time around. There is still very big question marks around certain riders being able to travel in and out of the country, especially with Poland calling the shots. We are a month away from the start of the season and there are quite a few teams scrambling round to try and get a team of 7 riders together... and rumours of other teams joining them with the likes of Klindt, Bewley, Kurtz, Holder etc possibly being stuck abroad - especially given riders like Vissing and others have been ruled out in recent weeks.

Let’s not forget that Swindon pulled out of the season too in the Premiership which has made some riders available who otherwise wouldn’t of been. Some people called for it at the time and in hindsight it certainly seems the way to have gone. 6 man teams with 1 ‘rising star’ Brit. This could of been reviewed again at the end of the season then once the travel arrangements would likely be resolved for next season in 2022.

• Like 4

Agree going to be many more team changes with Europe still in the grip of Covid and travel being difficult to say the least.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, Loosewheel said:

I hear Jake is keen to come back :t:

Having spoken to rob g and getting to understand his demands, I can't see Jake coming back this season... i pray im wrong tho

12 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Having spoken to rob g and getting to understand his demands, I can't see Jake coming back this season... i pray im wrong tho

What about if he got a Premiership place as well?

42 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

I can’t stand Godfrey, but in this case fair play to him for standing his ground on this one. All too often in British Speedway promotors have caved and bowed down to rider demands, which is one of the reasons we are in the state we are in as a whole.

• Like 5