British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Exactly the above posts are giving riders who are available so they are out there,I appreciate some teams may not be as strong but someone’s got to finish top and someone will finish bottom just to see speedway this year is the bonus we should all hopefully get ,and we should all hold on to that.

• Like 3

Well we’ve got an announcement about an announcement on the Scorpions Twitter ! Just hope it’s about a rider and not we are pleased to secure Henderson insurance as the title sponsor for another year !! 

10 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Well we’ve got an announcement about an announcement on the Scorpions Twitter ! Just hope it’s about a rider and not we are pleased to secure Henderson insurance as the title sponsor for another year !! 

An announcement that Henderson insurance is a sponsor again in the current climate would be a massive positive. Without sponsorship then maybe no speedway.

Just now, Diamondboy said:

An announcement that Henderson insurance is a sponsor again in the current climate would be a massive positive. Without sponsorship then maybe no speedway.

Well yeah obviously their sponsorship would be very important given the current circumstances but I’m personally very keen to know our No1 as well !!!

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Well yeah obviously their sponsorship would be very important given the current circumstances but I’m personally very keen to know our No1 as well !!!

That's easy,,,, Josh Auty!!! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Josh MacDonald signs as the last rider then. 

Well as I have said all along it makes sense. Based exclusively in the UK for the shortened season. Has the knowledge of the tracks and the workings of the UK scene. Should be ahead of the UK riders having had reasonable track time down under during the pandemic. Ability to add a couple of points to his 4pt start average. A good solid signing for the times we are in. Welcome "the Chunk" !

12 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I can see some home losses unfortunately. 

Better than no speedway.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Well as I have said all along it makes sense. Based exclusively in the UK for the shortened season. Has the knowledge of the tracks and the workings of the UK scene. Should be ahead of the UK riders having had reasonable track time down under during the pandemic. Ability to add a couple of points to his 4pt start average. A good solid signing for the times we are in. Welcome "the Chunk" !

are you sure hes ridden during the winter

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Can anyone explain why Kasper Anderson has been refused a work permit ?

Yes but it will read like war and peace and some of it will be guess work so check this out and look at Sportsperson Visa (T2) and Frontier Worker Permit and you will get a feel for the issues faced by Promoters and Riders... oh and the answer you are looking for will be on there... Brexit has made it really tough for these promoters that's for sure...

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas 

Regards
THJ

Well Josh Macdonald it is seems to have done well over winter in Aussie and hopefully can bring some form over here. I’m sure Rob will let him practice as much as he wants so should at least get a few practice sessions in and get a solid base to work off in the Eddie Wright Raceway ! 

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Better than no speedway.

Of course it is. But some fans only support a winning team and then complain when there is no speedway. So I hope the home fans do continue to support the team. I’ll be there regardless as it’s an exciting race track. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

are you sure hes ridden during the winter

Rode the Darcy Ward Classic.