British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

8 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

Thanks. Assume there will not be too late a start due to the second meeting afterwards. Hopefully, the club may release some information soon. After all, fans travelling from Scotland, or other non local areas, may especially want to know.

Edinburgh assuming 5pm start but a 3pm start would be much better to get back north at a reasonable time.  Certainly supporters' bus has had to leave before end of meeting due to drivers hours on occasion when meeting has dragged on or been a double header.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:23 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Easy to spot the fans already rummaging around the kitchen drawer for the wooden spoon to use at the end of season do......;)

Or the sharp knife for the promoter's back:nono:

Absolutely gutted if Jake goes to Redcar but THJ has eluded to this fact & even though it is not a direct announcement, he is normally one "in the know" & has eluded to this on the Redcar forum.

Pleased for Jake, really, & with the travel situations for some riders riding in Europe, I can see him supplementing his wages with guest appearances in the Championship & Premiership.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:13 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The way things are panning out at Newcastle Ben Barker fits... 

Regards 

THJ 

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Absolutely gutted if Jake goes to Redcar but THJ has eluded to this fact & even though it is not a direct announcement, he is normally one "in the know" & has eluded to this on the Redcar forum.

Pleased for Jake, really, & with the travel situations for some riders riding in Europe, I can see him supplementing his wages with guest appearances in the Championship & Premiership.

Well when I posted the top one on "APRIL THE 1st" it didn't get that many bites IS now did it...

Well apart from "Soft Lewy" at Plymouth but we will forgive him that little nibble...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 1

I got 7 laughs on this one 

Rob Godfrey has had to use his high status figure head to finally find a rider to replace Jake Allen although, it has restrictions in place. The said rider is J Garrity which will not go down with some on here, but it is with the proviso that he travels from his "home", tagged & with a guard in a standard vehicle. All his operational gear will be maintained at the club & will travel from the EWR , when required.

His attendance is based on him being able to travel "home" before midnight. On the proviso where this is not possible, IIR can & may be used.

Another option which was looked in to was the possibility of signing Maksym Drabik, as he is still unable to ride to ride in Poland due to the use of a banned substance. This, however, is still under review as it was an IV drip given & authorised by his club doctor. As far as we are aware, under ACU rules, he can still ride in another country but under their Governing Body.

Note; IIR translates to irate inmate replacement 

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well when I posted the top one on "APRIL THE 1st" it didn't get that many bites IS now did it...

Well apart from "Soft Lewy" at Plymouth but we will forgive him that little nibble...

Regards
THJ

Lol in my defence you do put your fair share of bull**** on the bsf but yeah you got me,as for bb he'll be a Plymouth rider by the end of July. :shock:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lewy said:

Lol in my defence you do put your fair share of bull**** on the bsf but yeah you got me,as for bb he'll be a Plymouth rider by the end of July. :shock:

Aye Lewy ya right but even you can only swallow so much... surely...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

So anyway...

Not wanting to allude to anything but how gutted will IronScorpion be if Jake Allen signs for Redcar...

Oh hang on a read it earlier "Absolutely Gutted"... oh dear... poor fella...

Never mind... welcome to our world...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye Lewy ya right but even you can only swallow so much... surely...

Regards 

THJ

End of July that could be to late for bb if 1 of the smoggys from the boro gets to him before it a goes pair shaped on him ! As captain mannering used to say you NAUGHTY BOY

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Spelling error

22 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

End of July that could be to late for bb if 1 of the smoggys from the boro gets to him before it a goes pair shaped on him ! As captain mannering used to say you NAUGHTY BOY

was it not stupid boy 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

was it not stupid boy 

No that's you Jenga :D Got in before THJ :D

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

was it not stupid boy 

Please excuse me as I've been on the owld liquid food again .. happy times

On 4/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, IronScorpion said:

To be fair IS were clubs not going to stick with (and stand by) the riders they had (if they could) and each club was to honour the rider places once the pandemic restrictions were lifted so if Jake can now race in the UK surely Scunny must have the first options on his services... it would be hard on Josh Macdonald but it is a two way street... is it to much to expect a little bit of loyalty from riders surely considering every thing we have been through over the last 18 months or has he been made an offer elsewhere he cant refuse.... if he couldn't do Scunny in the UK he maybe shouldn't be allowed to start for anyone else... I appreciate circumstances change but as the season hasn't started yet there may be an argument... or maybe not... I'm sure there will be an opinion or two on the matter for sure...

Regards
THJ

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

To be fair IS were clubs not going to stick with (and stand by) the riders they had (if they could) and each club was to honour the rider places once the pandemic restrictions were lifted so if Jake can now race in the UK surely Scunny must have the first options on his services... it would be hard on Josh Macdonald but it is a two way street... is it to much to expect a little bit of loyalty from riders surely considering every thing we have been through over the last 18 months or has he been made an offer elsewhere he cant refuse.... if he couldn't do Scunny in the UK he maybe shouldn't be allowed to start for anyone else... I appreciate circumstances change but as the season hasn't started yet there may be an argument... or maybe not... I'm sure there will be an opinion or two on the matter for sure...

Regards
THJ

I guess that depends if he'd signed for 2021 or not. Can't punish a guy for his 2020 contract

• Like 1