British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

35 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I guess that depends if he'd signed for 2021 or not. Can't punish a guy for his 2020 contract

True... but was the idea not just to roll one year into the next with a little good intention... Scunny kept his spot for him and then he said he wasn't coming so fair enough but should he change his mind an now want to race over here should Scunny not have "first dibbs" on him so to speak...

That's if he is coming...

Regards 

THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

True... but was the idea not just to roll one year into the next with a little good intention... Scunny kept his spot for him and then he said he wasn't coming so fair enough but should he change his mind an now want to race over here should Scunny not have "first dibbs" on him so to speak...

That's if he is coming...

Regards 

THJ

Was initially going to mention Employment status are these guys self employed ie do they pay there own tax Ni etc.

But that just opens a can of worms but is relevant on where he chooses to work.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Was initially going to mention Employment status are these guys self employed ie do they pay there own tax Ni etc.

But that just opens a can of worms but is relevant on where he chooses to work.

Possibly but for me it's about loyalty and having a bit of a concience and not being mercenary... but I am a bit old fashioned in my views... I know there is a lot of Mickey taking on here but if it was one of our riders I wouldn't be happy if we found ourselves in the same situation... and when something similar happened at Worky a few year back I was bouncing but these thing do happen and who gives a monkey's what anyone else thinks these days... 

However I don't think we know what the full situation is and doubt we will ever find out...

Regards 

THJ

Some teams have managed to spark some interest and enthusiasm... and good luck to them.  My team, no such thing, same old same old... If Jake comes over and rides for someone else, that'd be the final straw for me. I've never felt so despondent going into a new season. Think my time as a supporter/volunteer is coming to an end.

36 minutes ago, Albert said:

Some teams have managed to spark some interest and enthusiasm... and good luck to them.  My team, no such thing, same old same old... If Jake comes over and rides for someone else, that'd be the final straw for me. I've never felt so despondent going into a new season. Think my time as a supporter/volunteer is coming to an end.

Honestly 

Treat this year as it is... bit of a non-entity... after what we have been through with this Covid carry on just enjoy that you; your club and the sport is still standing... I know several people who would be happy watching any team than where they are now... 

You will still see some exciting and entertaining meetings at the EWR that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Treat this year as it is... bit of a non-entity... after what we have been through with this Covid carry on just enjoy that you; your club and the sport is still standing... I know several people who would be happy watching any team than where they are now... 

You will still see some exciting and entertaining meetings at the EWR that's for sure...

Regards 

THJ

Are you going to challenge RG to a match race on mopeds when the Diamonds are in town ? :D

Its daft ideas like two people old enough to know better racing around on mopeds that would add to the evenings entertainment, far far better than watching tractors going round and around

Edited by Triple.H.
forgot the last bit

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Are you going to challenge RG to a match race on mopeds when the Diamonds are in town ? :D

Its daft ideas like two people old enough to know better racing around on mopeds that would add to the evenings entertainment, far far better than watching tractors going round and around

Lol -PMSL 

But you have sparked a definite interest...

If you can find two mopeds reinforced and strong enough to lug two fat old farts like me and RG round the track then I'm in... might have more luck with two mobility scooters... they are greener...

But on a serious note not a bad idea... and I am deffo in...

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and two wide load signs for across our backs...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Albert said:

What uk clubs are loyal?? It’s a business like everything these days,how many riders were ripped last year with promises of season start times ,what is a speedway contract worth??? Not much, good luck to any rider who can get more money or a better deal in another club, that’s how they can afford to compete,that’s my opinion 

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Lol -PMSL 

But you have sparked a definite interest...

If you can find two mopeds reinforced and strong enough to lug two fat old farts like me and RG round the track then I'm in... might have more luck with two mobility scooters... they are greener...

But on a serious note not a bad idea... and I am deffo in...

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and two wide load signs for across our backs...

Think the track record could be in danger !!!

• Haha 1

If Jake Allen ends up at Redcar alongside Charles Wright thats two Heat15s we can kiss goodbye to now ! Home & Away ! 

So somewhere in the preceeding 14 Heats were are going to need to find a way somehow ? To have sufficient leeway in those meeting to take a 1-5 and still be in front ! ..Mmmmmm ???

I know !!! can Jordan Palin take 7 rides because I seriously fancy Jordan to be our Scorpion of most resistence this season !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, Albert said:

Heard Allen is going to Redcar.

15 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I hope so , UTB

19 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Unfortunately I've heard the same...   That's me...I'm done... Scunny Speedway 50 years old today, it's played a major part of my life...   I started supporting in 1974. Volunteering since the rebirth in 2005... Anyone want a crack at Incident Recording/Timekeeping get your applications in to the promotion...  Its a good crack, you'll see sides to speedway general supporters don't see...  And  you get the best seat in the house!  Over n out!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Puzzled by some of the negativity.

After 18 months with odd challenge match, I can't wait for league speedway to return.  Nice, exciting team put together for the new season - it will be so interesting to watch the progress of Jordan Palin.  Bring it on!

Somerset supporters would love to be in the position that Scunthorpe find themselves - with a new season ahead and with the Josh Auty testimonial lined up for March 2022, we're also pretty much guaranteed next season as well!

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3