British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

I am not sure about this statement, the rumours Allen was coming back and wanted more money started well before we signed Josh Macdonald.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Read the club statement and was wondering who the three heat leaders are if we are sticking by the announced 7. I see 1 heat leader 3 second strings and 3 reserves . That on any given occasion could be 1 second string 4 reserves and 2 number 8s it's going to be hard going  at times but never mind its only speedway and nobody really cares anyway . Having said that can't wait to see some action :cheers:

Based on what we know of the riders 18 months ago I would agree with that ? Redcar v Scunny would be an absolute massacre at their place. And thats even allowing for two former Teddies in our 1-7 in Auty & Tommy ?

But if you factor in that no one bar Jake & Stewart for them and Jordan & Josh Mac for us have had any real track time in the last 18 months ?. Would it be too much to hope that there might be some "levelling out" at least in the short term. 

Otherwise yes if everyone does come to the tapes bang on it from Day 1 it could be a reboot of Scunthorpe Saints 1972 debut disaster season for those of us old enough to recall being on the ropes at every turn that year. But hey lets wait and see, give the riders chance to repay Robs loyalty. We might just be writing them off too soon ? and after a year with no Speedway just getting back to the tracks will do me !. 

Going slightly off the current topic of debate, I personally, was planning on going to the majority of Scunthorpe's matches, despite them not being my team. I am now re-considering. Nothing to do with the team. Since the fixtures were published, over 11 weeks ago, I have been regularly checking the fixture list for the start time of the two Sunday matches. I am sure that I could fit the matches, in to my other plans for the day. After Rob did such a good job of re-arranging fixtures, which had been arranged for prior to 17th May, I simply can not understand why arranging a start time is so difficult. Assume they would not be too early to allow any away fans to travel from Scotland. Not too late to allow for their return journey, and the extra races which follow. Must I reluctantly give up?

4 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

Going slightly off the current topic of debate, I personally, was planning on going to the majority of Scunthorpe's matches, despite them not being my team. I am now re-considering. Nothing to do with the team. Since the fixtures were published, over 11 weeks ago, I have been regularly checking the fixture list for the start time of the two Sunday matches. I am sure that I could fit the matches, in to my other plans for the day. After Rob did such a good job of re-arranging fixtures, which had been arranged for prior to 17th May, I simply can not understand why arranging a start time is so difficult. Assume they would not be too early to allow any away fans to travel from Scotland. Not too late to allow for their return journey, and the extra races which follow. Must I reluctantly give up?

It’s difficult for Rob to get a time and day that suits everyone for me personally a Friday night is the best time out of them all and he has had said in previous years the best attendances came from racing on a Friday night 

Must say say I’m devastated and totally gutted about the Jake Allen news I’m just making sure that I’ll be at Scunthorpe vs Redcar on August 13th think their could be some fireworks ! 

18 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

It’s difficult for Rob to get a time and day that suits everyone for me personally a Friday night is the best time out of them all and he has had said in previous years the best attendances came from racing on a Friday night 

Obviously he can not please everyone, but he could tell everyone (the start time).

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Obviously he can not please everyone, but he could tell everyone (the start time).

It’s starts at 7.30 does say it on all the home fixtures on the website 

I think ShyTalk is on about the Sunday start times as he mentioned this in an earlier post.

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Ah, with so much going on to prepare for the season, I don't think that had been top of the agenda. I'm pretty sure that start-time will be sometime between 5pm and 6.30pm so plan for a start-time between those two times. Next time I speak to Rob G, I'll ask him and then I'll update them on the website.  Apologies. Incidentally, if you have any questions for the club, it's better to ask through the twitter rather than on here - we try to answer questions posed on twitter, but it's easy to lose them on here, where half the posts aren't even about Scunny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Ah, with so much going on to prepare for the season, I don't think that had been top of the agenda. I'm pretty sure that start-time will be sometime between 5pm and 6.30pm so plan for a start-time between those two times. Next time I speak to Rob G, I'll ask him and then I'll update them on the website.  Apologies. Incidentally, if you have any questions for the club, it's better to ask through the twitter rather than on here - we try to answer questions posed on twitter, but it's easy to lose them on here, where half the posts aren't even about Scunny.

Thank you.

18 hours ago, eric i said:

I am not sure about this statement, the rumours Allen was coming back and wanted more money started well before we signed Josh Macdonald.

Riders only look after themselves.So no surprises there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Thank you.

Oh well, I got that wrong - both start at 3pm!  I will update the website now!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Oh well, I got that wrong - both start at 3pm!  I will update the website now!

Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, eric i said:

Maybe Josh was signed and not announced, and why would you think that Jake wanted more money, Josh and Jake have been mates since they young kids