British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Not sue on averages but Newcastle are able to have R/R for Roynon, if that changes and Roynon drops to reserve that would obviously change things so replacing him now would make sense.

I thought the Roynon injury was only very short term but maybe more serious that initially thought was a nasty one I must say 

47 minutes ago, eric i said:

Jake Mulford and Josh Auty for Josh mcdonald and Theo.

What..Theo is great at home and very entertaining he’s been brilliant 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shrimmy said:

I agree but hes not as good as Auty.

3 minutes ago, Shrimmy said:

Yeah exactly what I said 

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

Yeah but Mulford is only a very young lad with little experience 

40 minutes ago, eric i said:

I think you can after 14 days, not sure if Newcastle have already signed him though.

If they have they’ve kept it very quiet. Would expect Adam to be back in a couple of weeks.

9 minutes ago, eric i said:

Agree totally but has a fantastic attitude to the team

If the Scorpions are to make another change then it has to be Josh McDonald   .He’s on  a 4 point average  ; don’t know what the pts limit available to for a new rider would be . But is there any available riders what would improve us and ready to come to the tapes immediately ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

If the Scorpions are to make another change then it has to be Josh McDonald   .He’s on  a 4 point average  ; don’t know what the pts limit available to for a new rider would be . But is there any available riders what would improve us and ready to come to the tapes immediately ?

Roynon if he has been dropped? Was looking very good before his crash 

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Roynon if he has been dropped? Was looking very good before his crash 

He'll soon be back in the diamonds race bib 

If Scunthorpe Scorpions really have ambition, then Mr Godfrey has to bite the bullet again and make changes. Loyalty goes out of the window  and Josh Macdonald has to go, we cannot carry passengers. I don't care if he has come halfway around the world . 

Edited by scunny1
PUNCTUATION
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

If Scunthorpe Scorpions really have ambition, then Mr Godfrey has to bite the bullet again and make changes. Loyalty goes out of the window  and Josh Macdonald has to go, we cannot carry passengers. I don't care if he has come halfway around the world . 

100 percent agree Adam Ellis was a statement of intention and now it needs to be followed up 

I think a lot of the Crictism is unfair it was only 2 weeks ago. Josh got 9 from 4 rides against Glasgow (arguably the best team in the league). The kid had a big off last Sunday, His confidence will have taken a battering.

One rider who does seem to escape any Crictism is Simon Lambert the guys been riding since the mid 2000s now and when did he eve score high points regularly away from home (apart from 2 or 3 meetings in 2019 when at reserve). It's all well and good going on about winning home meetings but to be successful you have to win away too. Simon is the captain and should be leading by example.

As for anyone saying Josh Auty is better then Adam Ellis give your head a wobble.

To be honest MacDonald is an accident waiting to happen, his record of falling off is awful. He's been in the sport a few years now he should know his limits by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Do you have a replacement in mind who would score more points than MacDonald?