British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Do you have a replacement in mind who would score more points than MacDonald?

I mean Gino Manzares however I realise maybe difficult given he’s in USA heard he was coming over however. But mainly in my opinion Ryan Kinsley really does deserve the ride he was thrown in the deep end at Kings Lynn and he did Improve  massively the season he had with us and I think he has potential to score decent. There is also potential for anyone to come in on an assessed average of 4 I’m sure some people will throw some names In the hat on here that will exceed the initial 4 point assessment 

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I mean Gino Manzares however I realise maybe difficult given he’s in USA heard he was coming over however. But mainly in my opinion Ryan Kinsley really does deserve the ride he was thrown in the deep end at Kings Lynn and he did Improve  massively the season he had with us and I think he has potential to score decent. There is also potential for anyone to come in on an assessed average of 4 I’m sure some people will throw some names In the hat on here that will exceed the initial 4 point assessment 

Manzares was crap would rather stick with macdonald who is also crap in the majority of meetings however he will get the occasional big score . 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Manzares was pretty poor when he last rode in Britain! Unfortunately most promotors prefer to use 4.00 foreigners than 3.00 Brits!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Manzares was pretty poor when he last rode in Britain! Unfortunately most promotors prefer to use 4.00 foreigners than 3.00 Brits!

I can understand where promoters come from with using the 4.00 foreigners because there’s every chance that they could come here and average 6 points straight away which is just a promoters dream 2 free points !

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Manzares was crap would rather stick with macdonald who is also crap in the majority of meetings however he will get the occasional big score . 

Leon flint would do well now he’s got a top notch spanner man 

Ellis is certainly an improvement on Auty but he wont be a big hitting number one like Masters, Cook or even Pedersen as he is too inconsistent .

11 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Yeah….. 14 points away.

huuuuge mistake

My point was unless Auty had agreed to be dropped his loyalty shown and service given  was soon forgotten.Adam is a great signing and will do a great job no denying that.

10 hours ago, phillipsr said:

your obsession with Auty is odd!! At home once Adam is dialled in its about even and away Ellis is miles ahead of Auty!!! Auty hasnt even been good at Scunny this year 

Your obsession has been to always knock Auty, i will be very surprised over a period that he will ever be as good as Auty at the EWR.Away from home he is  a great signing and he will score loads of points.

Edited by Sidney the robin

7 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Leon flint would do well now he’s got a top notch spanner man 

Think you could be right there the mechanic he had at scunthorpe was formula one standard :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think you could be right there the mechanic he had at scunthorpe was formula one standard :t:

Shiny overalls and then dropped his nuts at the crucial moment ? :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Shiny overalls and then dropped his nuts at the crucial moment ? :D

yep pretty much

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Your obsession has been to always knock Auty, i will be very surprised over a period that he will ever be as good as Auty at the EWR.Away from home he is  a great signing and he will score loads of points.

It hasn't at all I'm just realistic about what Auty is, Auty hasn't been good at Scunthorpe this year and over the last two years you could argue he's never been a true number 1 there!! Ellis will be that and will score loads more away its an absolute no brainer to bring him in 

14 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I think a lot of the Crictism is unfair it was only 2 weeks ago. Josh got 9 from 4 rides against Glasgow (arguably the best team in the league). The kid had a big off last Sunday, His confidence will have taken a battering.

One rider who does seem to escape any Crictism is Simon Lambert the guys been riding since the mid 2000s now and when did he eve score high points regularly away from home (apart from 2 or 3 meetings in 2019 when at reserve). It's all well and good going on about winning home meetings but to be successful you have to win away too. Simon is the captain and should be leading by example.

As for anyone saying Josh Auty is better then Adam Ellis give your head a wobble.

No one is saying that Fozzie i certainly am not , but my gripe was that loyalty should work both both ways and unless Auty agreed for me it is a tad harsh.Also i have seen alot of Adam at Swindon and know just how good he is a bit of a slow burner who is improving rapidly.Back to Auty another way of looking at is the promotion has got it wrong in recent years team building wise and avid Scunny supporters have been saying for ages that Auty is only a second or third heat leader.Not an in/ out no 1 who also disliked coming out in heat one totally understand why Adam had  to be signed though.

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

It hasn't at all I'm just realistic about what Auty is, Auty hasn't been good at Scunthorpe this year and over the last two years you could argue he's never been a true number 1 there!! Ellis will be that and will score loads more away its an absolute no brainer to bring him in 

Totally agree with that and speedway is a numbers game after all.

I think why people are questioning McDonald is after this Saturday he will be given a new average as it will be four home and away fixtures so his new average will kick in within 7 days I think . So why try and strengthen the top end with Ellis coming in and let the bottom end just carry on . Speedway can be ruthless and if a change will freshen things up I’m all for it as the home form is good and Palin has been taking an extra  reserve ride 

• Like 1