Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

6 minutes ago, eric i said:

summers, busk jakobsen or Barker for Aarnio,

RR for Palin, lambet can take 3 of his rides.

In my opinion Barker is best option and with Lamberts form this season he could bag a right handful 

12 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Suppose it depends on who is available and willing to guest as to what way we go around this but would only expect 6 riders !

Also Depends what you do for Aarnio,

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Also Depends what you do for Aarnio,

Yeah exactly either a guest for Aarnio or Palin wouldn’t think both however 

11 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah exactly either a guest for Aarnio or Palin wouldn’t think both however 

Like I said Palin is a rising star,he is only a 1 star ️,so I assume only a 1 ️ guest.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Like I said Palin is a rising star,he is only a 1 star ️,so I assume only a 1 ️ guest.

They were built to a 2* so can use a 2* (similar to Newcastle who can use a 3* for Archie Freeman who is a 1*!!).

• Thanks 1

No, allowed up to a 2* as that is the minimum in the Championship(2* or lower for us since re declared). Aarnio is 3rd in averages so guest facility is available.

• Thanks 1

A bit of a grey area though steve as it only says " initial Declaration" in the rules so even though we re-declared using Ellis, could we still be allowed a 3* even though green sheets says otherwise.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

A bit of a grey area though steve as it only says " initial Declaration" in the rules so even though we re-declared using Ellis, could we still be allowed a 3* even though green sheets says otherwise.

I (stupidly) went off the latest Green Sheets!  I should, of course, gone back to the original declaration Green Sheets.  Thanks for the correction.

It only states "initial declaration" & there is nothing in the rules that states that if you re-declare above your 38 point limit then your new 39 point limit applies & your rising star is reduced.

Un written rules and grey area applied & does not matter if your promoter is the "Head Honcho"! (ALL IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF SPEEDWAY. OF COURSE)

• Like 2

Preview on Scunny website says r/r Jordan Palin and Ben Barker in to guest for Tero. Overall satisfied with that doesn’t may us massively weaker in my opinion 

Watching Adam Ellis fly on Eurosport he doesn’t look the same rider that turns up at Scunny he looks so fast and so why doesn’t he do this for Scunny is he just going through the motions and using old machinery because it really is night and day difference 

2 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Watching Adam Ellis fly on Eurosport he doesn’t look the same rider that turns up at Scunny he looks so fast and so why doesn’t he do this for Scunny is he just going through the motions and using old machinery because it really is night and day difference 

I think his five yard head starts when on TV helps... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ian68 said:

Yep rolls at the start all the time

I understand that he’s been a little dodgy at the starts though he’s shown bags more speed when in the race like the way he calved up Anderson early doors and the way he pulled away in heat 13 if he just was getting lucky with the starts he would go backwards surely ?!