British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

14 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Watching Adam Ellis fly on Eurosport he doesn’t look the same rider that turns up at Scunny he looks so fast and so why doesn’t he do this for Scunny is he just going through the motions and using old machinery because it really is night and day difference 

Hé doesn’t have «old machinery» the bikes he uses in the uk are the same in both leagues. 

After the British final I asked him if he’d used a «special« engine. His reply was if he’d had a special one he’d use it week in week out. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 11:30 AM, Jonny the spud said:

Hé doesn’t have «old machinery» the bikes he uses in the uk are the same in both leagues. 

After the British final I asked him if he’d used a «special« engine. His reply was if he’d had a special one he’d use it week in week out. 

We, as Scunthorpe patrons, like seeing open & exciting racing on our track as it seems very fair & wide leading to many racing lines but I have read many times in print & social media that riders find it hard riding at Scunthorpe because they are nearly all guessing the right set ups to use every time they come. Some riders can find that sweet spot almost straight away(Douglas & King spring to mind) & even Pickering, on his visit here this year, found speed out of the corners I could not believe. 

Scunny are in the playoffs, but will it be Glasgow or Leicester. I hope Leicester win at Glasgow because I don't fancy our chances against Leicester.

25 minutes ago, eric i said:

Scunny are in the playoffs, but will it be Glasgow or Leicester. I hope Leicester win at Glasgow because I don't fancy our chances against Leicester.

Do you not have to win against some else first.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

3rd v 6th

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think he means if we lose to Leicester on Sunday we will finish 3rd and Scunthorpe will be 6th and would rather face Glasgow in the quarters.

Well I think that’s what he meant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Elmo said:

3rd v 6th

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think he means if we lose to Leicester on Sunday we will finish 3rd and Scunthorpe will be 6th and would rather face Glasgow in the quarters.

Well I think that’s what he meant.

Thanks just a bit of brain fade.:rolleyes:

According to Godfrey, 'The opening play-off meeting is most likely to take place at the Eddie Wright Raceway next Friday (October 1).'

Would Sunday be a better day, not up against the GP and would allow more away fans to travel.

7 hours ago, eric i said:

According to Godfrey, 'The opening play-off meeting is most likely to take place at the Eddie Wright Raceway next Friday (October 1).'

Would Sunday be a better day, not up against the GP and would allow more away fans to travel.

Crowds are noticeably worse at Scunny on a Sunday however 

44 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

A Sunday would probably be better for away fans, Friday could see some lost "to the GP", and some may prefer an afternoon meeting now the warm weather is forecast to end.

At present, weather predictions for Friday are 15-16C & cloudy & for Sunday 12C & showers.

4 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Disagree, if anything crowds are better on a Sunday.

14 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Friday night tracks are much more consistent than afternoon tracks at the EWR.

Track prep can be a difficult if its warm but if it was 5pm start at this time of year its not going to be a problem.