British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Didn't Wolves use it for Nick Morris(I still do not know how as he didn't ride for them the previous year) but Danny is a "roll over" rider from last year so is not new to the team.

This area was talked about a bit last year but with no definitive answer.

The rule (Art16.5.2) is:

For an absent rider with
a) an assessed MA
b) has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season a 28-day Facility may be granted at the Directors discretion.

This would seem to cater for a case where a 1-7 has been declared and a rider becomes unavailable in the very early part of the season (perhaps injured riding for his PL Club on a Thursday before a Friday CL meeting).

I have just been through last years Wolves Updates/results where Nick did not ride in meetings Early April to Mid May so his 28 day facility must have been extended. On further reading, he received a knock to his wrist, ruling him out of the meeting v Birmingham, so this must have been a pre-season injury in testing/practice.

I'm sure godfrey will do whatever is in the best interest of speedway..........and scunthorpe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scunny1 said:

I'm sure Rob and the less bitter, normal speedway supporters, will think nothing of team building until poor Danny Ayres is finally in his resting place.

Edited by Tosh1218
Didn't mean to post it

Agree 100 % but in real terms it's 8 weeks till the first official fixture as a Scunthorpe team, we as fans will always be eternally grateful to have seen Danny on track,in the clubhouse and just been Danny in and around the Team . It's going to be a strange season

On 2/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, phillipsr said:

Horrible to start thinking about this but Rob is going to have to start thinking about who comes in.. what points are available and who’s out there?  Maybe a Zaine Kennedy? 

Without reductions Scunthorpe have 5-98 to use.

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

who gives a flying f u uk 

Obviously not you...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

who gives a flying f u uk 

That's the sort of reply most people would  expect from you.      

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

If your post is a pathetic attempt at taking some kind of moral high ground then its just that, pathetic. The passing of Danny Ayres is a tragedy and we as fans have paid our respects by posting messages of condolence on here and other parts of social media, of course there will be other on here closer to the Ayres family who have paid their tributes personally. 

My post was a perfectly reasonable answer to a perfectly reasonable question posted the other day. How ever hard, the management at both Scunthorpe and Ipswich will need to sign a rider, when that will happen of course is up to each club.

Agreed

It's right and respectful that Scunthorpe and Ipswich will want to wait until after Danny's Funeral on the 14th and possibly the post mortem, before making any announcements of team plans and replacements but as with any sport and facet of life as the saying goes "the show must go on" as it will with a lot of respects paid to Danny to come all over the UK no doubt.

That's as it should be! 

Edited by HGould
punctuation
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, HGould said:

Agreed

It's right and respectful that Scunthorpe and Ipswich will want to wait until after Danny's Funeral on the 14th and possibly the post mortem, before making any announcements of team plans and replacements but as with any sport and facet of life as the saying goes "the show must go on" as it will with a lot of respects paid to Danny to come all over the UK no doubt.

That's as it should be! 

If it was my club I'd wait till after the funeral then press on with team plans. As upsetting as losing a rider is, they will eventually have to carry on with the sport!

• Like 1

I can imagine a facility where Danny's race jacket is not used for a month and covered by RR as a mark of respect would be allowed, and even the most anti Godfrey fans surely couldn't find fault in that?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I can imagine a facility where Danny's race jacket is not used for a month and covered by RR as a mark of respect would be allowed, and even the most anti Godfrey fans surely couldn't find fault in that?

That’s what happened after Lee Richardson died. In fact I think it was about two months before Lakeside signed a replacement and Lee’s position in the pits remained empty in that period as I recall.