British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

First come, first served and there will be a limit . However if Rob gets a crowd of over 6902 I am sure he will be delighted. If he gets over 400 it will be a bumper crowd for a youth meeting.:D

• Haha 2

maybe its a run of 2019 tickets/numbers and it started @ 69000 . 

The silence in answer to a simple question sums up Speedways general communication strategy....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The silence in answer to a simple question sums up Speedways general communication strategy....

Sorry hadn't spotted any questions until now.

It's not possible to order a ticket for 6902 people.  I wouldn't advise it, because it might take a while to retrieve the 40 grand!

Sales are monitored. And no, the capacity at Scunthorpe hasn't been made common knowledge as yet, but hopefully it is high enough for everyone wanting to attend a British Youth Round.  But if you definitely want to come, book now to avoid any disappointment. 

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Sorry hadn't spotted any questions until now.

It's not possible to order a ticket for 6902 people.  I wouldn't advise it, because it might take a while to retrieve the 40 grand!

Sales are being monitored. And no, the capacity at Scunthorpe hasn't been made common knowledge as yet, but hopefully it is high enough for everyone wanting to attend a British Youth Round.  But if you definitely want to come, book now to avoid any disappointment. 

So still no figure disclosed :rolleyes:

It may seem (and possibly is) a bit pedantic to ask but why not just announce it?

It could be important to someone before deciding if they wish to attend...... (I will say I wont be there btw regardless of the answer :))

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It may seem (and possibly is) a bit pedantic to ask but why not just announce it?

It could be important to someone before deciding if they wish to attend...... (I will say I wont be there btw regardless of the answer :))

There is a reason why.

Don't worry, it's not in the thousands ;) 

Seriously, though, when I spoke to Rob G his main priority is for everyone is attendance to feel safe.  There will be further items added to the website to explain the measures in place, so that everyone knows that there are safe to come along and enjoy some speedway.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Quite possible there are no set figures as there is a % limit that unlikely to be reached and up to Clubs to adhere to local Council and ACU rules but with some flexibility.

Club planning to run will no doubt assess financials meeting by meeting.

As speedway venues in Britain are part seating/part standing, it would be hard to put a maximum figure to a venue. We, at Scunthorpe, have standing area almost all around the track, bar the pit area, & with a clubhouse, 2 stands & a small seating area, could set a socially distanced limit of around 1200.

As stadiums in Poland are seated, then it is easy to set a 25% max limit(although I think it has just been increased to 50%) & in Britain, Football, Cricket, Arenas, Crucible are all seating so % limits are easily set.

Surely most speedway stadia have an H&S maximum capacity?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely most speedway stadia have an H&S maximum capacity?

Think I can evacuate far easier from the EWR than I could Cardiff. I don't think the local authority will count people through the gates for such a low ranking meeting-unless the council worker is on overtime! Lets face it how many speedway meetings in UK are at full capacity in good times never mind with a Pandemic lurking.;) 

I know the photo is made to look like the kids are close but for all you who haven’t ever witnessed youth speedway it does get like this. To all the neigh sayers who believe there is no talent in the uk come along and watch and form a proper opinion . Personally believe the future is bright for a lot of our youth.

43D31C25-FC97-469C-96BA-BE61C4E84075.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I know the photo is made to look like the kids are close but for all you who haven’t ever witnessed youth speedway it does get like this. To all the neigh sayers who believe there is no talent in the uk come along and watch and form a proper opinion . Personally believe the future is bright for a lot of our youth.

43D31C25-FC97-469C-96BA-BE61C4E84075.jpeg

Plus, it might be the only live speedway that you get to see this season ?:t:

116591648_2179889545490319_5124129162501649247_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=fheOCZmz1fUAX-dhV5Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=251b4f5219c8c5a3101ab9fc3edd6929&oe=5F4D526F

With the postponement of the 2020 Season, I have spoken with Mr Godfrey, and Pete Ballinger of Clean Cut Sports, and we are able to bring you a mini series, on our facebook page, 2012: Road to the title, with details of the first match coming in my next post. For those that don't have facebook, if I get a free 10 minutes this week, I'll set up a YouTube page that the meetings can go on to