British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

3 hours ago, Moranboys said:

well,iwas planning on attending this until i saw the admission price, sorry but £15.50 for an ndl meeting, no way jose

It's all inclusive. Most National League tracks charge £14, plus a couple of quid for the programme.  The price is for admission, programme and parking.  At how many tracks could you do all of those for £15.50?

It's 19 heats and nine riders per team.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

It's all inclusive. Most National League tracks charge £14, plus a couple of quid for the programme.  The price is for admission, programme and parking.  At how many tracks could you do all of those for £15.50?

Personally think it’s a good deal 19 heats of speedway on a great track with some quality riders in and the innovative use of 250 riders as part of a 9 man team. It’s a great way of extending a meeting and making the kids feel part of the team can only be good for the future. Maybe this could be part of the bigger picture when the NDL is back next season. 

• Like 6

Thanx in advance, hopefully, is there a link to pics from the recent meeting at Scunny.  (It's been a very long day and I'm too tired to find one)....

15 hours ago, Moranboys said:

well,iwas planning on attending this until i saw the admission price, sorry but £15.50 for an ndl meeting, no way jose

You'll regret not going as some of the riders a top quality & there to race & not just pick up the brown envelope I would say the best meeting I've seen in recent years was a NL clash with belle vue volts & mildenhall about 3 years ago ( excellent racing in all heats ) at the national stadium

11 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Personally think it’s a good deal 19 heats of speedway on a great track with some quality riders in and the innovative use of 250 riders as part of a 9 man team. It’s a great way of extending a meeting and making the kids feel part of the team can only be good for the future. Maybe this could be part of the bigger picture when the NDL is back next season. 

Hardly an ‘ innovative ‘ idea, it’s been used all over the continent with Leon Flint riding his 250 in the French league previously.

What happened to all you moaners saying speedway was a £10 sport ? Now you are all jumping with joy to pay £15 to watch junior speedway!

Good luck to the kids but the only reason this meeting is taking place is to put money in someone’s bank account otherwise why not run it without a crowd?

As for including 250 riders in the NDL , how many do you think there are ?

Glad you will not be there so I do not have to see your miserable face & spouting "doom" from all angles. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Glad you will not be there so I do not have to see your miserable face & spouting "doom" from all angles. :rolleyes:

No doom there, just putting misconceptions right. 
250’s and even 125 ‘S in a team is not new.
Godfrey wouldn’t run this meeting without making money.
There aren’t enough 250 riders in this country to fill NDL teams.
Lost count of the people on here screaming it’s a £10 sport.

Wheres the DOOM?

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Hardly an ‘ innovative ‘ idea, it’s been used all over the continent with Leon Flint riding his 250 in the French league previously.

What happened to all you moaners saying speedway was a £10 sport ? Now you are all jumping with joy to pay £15 to watch junior speedway!

Good luck to the kids but the only reason this meeting is taking place is to put money in someone’s bank account otherwise why not run it without a crowd?

As for including 250 riders in the NDL , how many do you think there are ?

of course its innovative it has not been done here before. and im fully aware Leon did it in france as im fully aware of how many 250 riders there are and probably im slightly better informed than you on the 250 class. 

also i dont believe speedway is a £10 sport and from what i understand of the teams its not a junior meeting.

currently there are 8 riders on 250s 5 regulars who race  3 who practice at this moment but chose not to race with another 5 at least for next year

53 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

of course its innovative it has not been done here before. and im fully aware Leon did it in france as im fully aware of how many 250 riders there are and probably im slightly better informed than you on the 250 class. 

also i dont believe speedway is a £10 sport and from what i understand of the teams its not a junior meeting.

currently there are 8 riders on 250s 5 regulars who race  3 who practice at this moment but chose not to race with another 5 at least for next year

It’s not innovative if it’s been done before, it’s copying.

And out of those 8 ( 5 ) some will move up to 500 next year  ( 4 already practice on 500’s , 2 more are buying a 500 ) .

I’m also well informed of the junior scene thank you as I sponsor a junior. If I didn’t love the sport I wouldn’t do that but I’m also a realist , the sport has issues which need addressing. The sooner an independent body runs the sport the better.

16 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

The parking and programme was free the other Sunday so nothing new there,I was only paying 50p less for championship speedway last season.still expensive for n.d.l imho.woould love to see the line up.

12 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

The parking and programme was free the other Sunday so nothing new there,I was only paying 50p less for championship speedway last season.still expensive for n.d.l imho.woould love to see the line up.

50p more,sorry

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

50p more,sorry

What about the programme/booklet at £3 plus the parking at £2(which goes to the stadium owners). 

4 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

It’s not innovative if it’s been done before, it’s copying.

And out of those 8 ( 5 ) some will move up to 500 next year  ( 4 already practice on 500’s , 2 more are buying a 500 ) .

I’m also well informed of the junior scene thank you as I sponsor a junior. If I didn’t love the sport I wouldn’t do that but I’m also a realist , the sport has issues which need addressing. The sooner an independent body runs the sport the better.

Please enlighten me as to which four currently practice on  a  500 I’m intrigued to know as from what I understand only one is old enough to ride a 500 at the beginning of next year in any form of competition . Two don’t turn 14 until late June early July and the other 2 only turn 13 next year.  And I’m sure your sponsored rider is very appreciative of your help and I do agree the sport does need to be run independently.

also could you point me in the direction of a meeting that this has been done before at in this country where kids are in the team and racing in the main meeting and not as a second half slot. You could be right but I would like to see who was riding and in what form. Also the meetings Leon did on his 250 i believe involved 500cc riders in the same race that isn’t happening at scunthorpe 

• Like 1