British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

8 hours ago, enotian said:

Jorgensen is a nine point man in this division if his horror year at Newcastle was a one off, which his top division form would suggest it was. 

Of course its daft to start under the points limit but it's how you end not how you start (apart from actually starting of course) that counts.

I like Jorgensen but he is not a 9 point man!! Aarnio and Auty are only going down not up... also not seeing the uplift from Palin others are seeing i dont think hes one of the strongest rising stars and think he will do well to average between 3.5-4.0 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

I like Jorgensen but he is not a 9 point man!! Aarnio and Auty are only going down not up... also not seeing the uplift from Palin others are seeing i dont think hes one of the strongest rising stars and think he will do well to average between 3.5-4.0 

Would you not say that to average 3.5-4 for a 17 year old first season in the championship is good ??

31 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Would you not say that to average 3.5-4 for a 17 year old first season in the championship is good ??

I would say that's ok but when your starting 3 points under the limit it leaves us a massive hill to climb 

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I would say that's ok but when your starting 3 points under the limit it leaves us a massive hill to climb 

Absolutely couldn’t agree more however have an inkling we won’t be that far under the limit

On 3/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, the outsider said:

On Monday night Lee Ashby who has been doing a great series of Lockdown interviews with Speedway greats including Darcy Ward; Bruce Penhall; Greg Hancock, Chris Holder, Joe Screen et al. Will be chatting to New Zealands  Bradley Wilson Dean !. Might be interesting what he has to say about doing the UK season in 2021 ? With options now almost down to zero if he does say he is making the trip then his destination might well be the EWR ? Tune in on Lee's You Tube Channel to find out ?

Doesn’t seem to be letting anything on about a team space looks like we will just have to wait and see ! 

On 3/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, arnieg said:

Yes it is, as you are seeking to rely on reduction to his average under:

10.2.3 b) riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to injury

As a matter of fact he has ridden in New Zealand in the last 12 months and therefore has not been absent for a full 12 months. As 10.2.3 a) includes the phrase 'British speedway' while b) does not, it clearly demonstrates that this is relevant (not to mention a decade or so of precedent)

10.2.3 b) is still referring to the British speedway, as Season is defined in the rules ..........

Season: The period from 15th March (8th March when Easter falls in March) to 31st October (both inclusive).

BWD pulled out before the season started due to injury.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:41 PM, Ryan555 said:

Yes i would but ive seen some saying 5-6 thats just silly 

58 minutes ago, eric i said:

10.2.3 b) is still referring to the British speedway, as Season is defined in the rules ..........

Season: The period from 15th March (8th March when Easter falls in March) to 31st October (both inclusive).

BWD pulled out before the season started due to injury.

Hang on I have some straws - pm me your address and I will get them off to you so you can keep grasping ;)

• Haha 2

Great interview with BWD on Speedway Memories with Lee Ashby. All Lee's shows are really interesting and this was no exception. BWD gave gave us great insight into his thinking, motivation and commitment. Not just to his own career but his hopes to help other NZ racers make the step up to UK racing. What a together guy Brad is and would be just the answer for us trying to plug the gapping hole thats Jakes absence.? 

He is on his way to the UK arriving 26/4 so he intends racing here for somebody at some point ? Think initially his focus is on the GP Qualifier at Glasgow on 29/5 thereafter he must be aiming for a team slot !

Playing devils advocate what say we run rider replacement to see May out run down the averages (its likely to happen naturally) then bring in BWD in June ? That might just be the solution and we get a 110% committed racer and No1. 

Edited by the outsider
  • Haha 1

"Playing devils advocate what say we run rider replacement to see May out run down the averages (its likely to happen naturally) then bring in BWD in June ? That might just be the solution and we get a 110% committed racer and No1. "

Quoting part of your post, what happens if Palin increases his average to around 4-5 thus eliminating the change due to other dropping.

Can anyone tell us what happens to the rising stars as it only says, in both leagues, teams must build teams to a certain level plus a rising star at he start of a season. Once the season has started, do they remain protected & stay at no7?

Say, as in Leicester's case, they have 2 rising stars so could they swap?

Once a rising star gets a true average, can he then move up to the other reserve berth or even higher, into the main body?

Can any one on here answer these questions truthfully rather than surmising? I have not seen any thing yet on here, the BSP Ltd site or the SCB site.

• Like 1

As a speedway fan surely no team before a wheel has been turned can use rider replacement it’s ridiculous,and would make a mockery of our sport yes jake Allen is a huge miss but there is riders out there even if your under the points limit,because rob godfrey has been loyal to his riders he signed last year which is admirable he is now in a situation where he is struggling but it’s his decision to keep the faith with six riders but he needs to find someone as like I say it would make our sport look bloody stupid especially as the club in question is run by the big chief of our sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

As a speedway fan surely no team before a wheel has been turned can use rider replacement it’s ridiculous,and would make a mockery of our sport yes jake Allen is a huge miss but there is riders out there even if your under the points limit,because rob godfrey has been loyal to his riders he signed last year which is admirable he is now in a situation where he is struggling but it’s his decision to keep the faith with six riders but he needs to find someone as like I say it would make our sport look bloody stupid especially as the club in question is run by the big chief of our sport.

It’s happened in the past and it will happen again.(Depending what Promotion needs help though).These rules are not for everybody.!:rolleyes:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Isn't josh bates the most recent example got hurt sledging and his team used rr for him can't remember the team in question though. Agree totally with the mockery statement but it is speedway and nobody really cares anyway.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Isn't josh bates the most recent example got hurt sledging and his team used rr for him can't remember the team in question though. Agree totally with the mockery statement but it is speedway and nobody really cares anyway.:rolleyes:

Jake Allen is not injured. 

59 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Sheffield and Leicester

Edited by StevePark