1 Auty

2 Ayers

3 Tero

4 Jorgensen

5. Allen

6. Lambert

7 Palin

;)

I heard that rumour too and not impressed.  Team on the cheap again and no ambition with that lot.

18 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

I heard that rumour too and not impressed.  Team on the cheap again and no ambition with that lot.

Tero has signed for a championship team & I doubt it's scunny unless he's had a chat with Mr Godfrey about track work to suite TERO 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

We should produce a  track to suit Jake and Josh. 

wot , concrete on the inside and mud on the outside `?

the above team could surprise a few , inc me . ...

43 minutes ago, jenga said:

wot , concrete on the inside and mud on the outside `?

the above team could surprise a few , inc me . ...

Must be talking  about Worky track ?

• Like 1

just cos we stuffed ya on a regular bases ! . 

BTW . the tracks in hiding   a.t.m.     :t:

3 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Where are the "suprises" there ? Tommy and Tero are Scunny riders as far as I am aware. So just more of the same really ?. My team is better with Howarth and we still would have a sizeable margin to bring in a quality rider as well ?. One thing we must realise is that for all Josh Auty is Mr Scunthorpe round the EWR hes not that away from home anywhere near as often as he should be ?. So we need two scorers home and away. To me Howarth and Barker would be good calls. So long as Barker doesnt "pick up" when the Gladiators call him ?

20 hours ago, scunny1 said:

We should produce a  track to suit Jake and Josh. 

I agree. A track should be made to suit the riders to gain a little home advantage on our track but how many years has Rob made a team up to entertain. That is almost a guarantee on our track so give our riders something to have a go on but having a bit of difficulty so not to be easy for away riders.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, Phil The Ace said:

1 Auty

2 Ayers

3 Tero

4 Jorgensen

5. Allen

6. Lambert

7 Palin

;)

Nothing there to inspire the home faithful unfortunately. 

• Confused 1

If the suggested team is true don’t personally think it’s to bad Simon lambert at reserve is a good move and with the averages he and Danny Ayers will potentially swap places always leaving cover for Jordan . But for me Thomas Jorgensen is the big if and depending on his fitness could be a trump card . Only time will tell is it March yet

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Phil The Ace said:

1 Auty

2 Ayers

3 Tero

4 Jorgensen

5. Allen

6. Lambert

7 Palin

;)

Is this team built on the cheap?       Only 2 loan fees.

Is it uninspiring with riders on the way down?       Due to injuries so could step up

Have riders reached their maximum?      Allen needs to step up that little bit more to get to no1 with his injured shoulder sorted for next year. Auty will drop his average at no1 but will

Allen step up enough to stay at 1 & keep Auty at 5? Aarnio & TJ should, hopefully, shake off injuries during the winter with more to come. Ayres

still has room for improvement & Lambert got his confidence back & rode the smaller, tight away tracks well.

What could Palin do?        It depends where he is put in the team. At 6 he might struggle & at 7, will he be up against riders of similar experience & ability.

This team, using  Final averages, comes to 40.86. British discounts for ex CL, NL, NDL riders?  

On 10/27/2019 at 10:03 AM, Phil The Ace said:

1 Auty

2 Ayers

3 Tero

4 Jorgensen

5. Allen

6. Lambert

7 Palin

;)

At first I didn't like the look of that team, but having had a long thought about it, I dont reckon it'll be as bad as people are making it out to be.. Auty wont be number 1 after a month, Danny will only improve, Jake is number 1 quality and Simon will mentor Jordie.. Tero had a really good 2019 and feel like he can kick on in 2020, just which TJ would we get

• Like 2

Team built on the cheap?

Hopefully, it is a team built on what Scunthorpe can afford.

Moneybags teams can be overturned by lesser (and less wealthy) teams as Scunthorpe proved this year.

Pay what you can afford. If you don't, the consequences are clear for all to see: closure.

Credit to Mr Godfrey for sticking to his guns on pay.

• Like 6

Sorry but I beg to differ on the proposed team ? Last time Tero was in our line up he had a real beef with the track !. He is generally a dark horse in most meetings though ? But not sure Tommy is a forward move ? and I have stated the concern about Auty away from home ? If Danny gets back to where he was ? and Jake comes through to be the No1 he can be thats a bit more encouraging ? Lambert will be a scorer at reserve but will be tough for Jordan Palin. I dont see the that team finding the sort of consistancy -especially away from Scunny to be a play off let alone Championship contenders ? Hope I am wrong obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

At first I didn't like the look of that team, but having had a long thought about it, I dont reckon it'll be as bad as people are making it out to be.. Auty wont be number 1 after a month, Danny will only improve, Jake is number 1 quality and Simon will mentor Jordie.. Tero had a really good 2019 and feel like he can kick on in 2020, just which TJ would we get

Yeah Auty will drop down to number 5 quickly but I expected Allen to push on properly this year and cement the number 1 spot but he didn’t manage it.

Signing Danny was a big winner last year but he’ll be coming off the back of a fairly serious injury and won’t have the confidence boosting NL heat wins. And he really is a confidence rider!

Lambert has never really got any better than a 4/5pt man so I just can’t see next year being any different despite his strong end to the season at reserve. I feel like Palin is 1 year too early which Rob has done multiple times lately. Riders like Williamson, List, Bates, Perks & Bailey originally all spring to mind who are talented but made the step up maybe a season too soon. 

As for Aarnio & Jorgensen, they’re effectively the new names without being new! Both useful riders on their day but neither likely to up their average much and Jorgensen had a pretty poor season at Newcastle so I hope a move back to the EWR will help him out. Aarnio has improved since his last Scorpions stint but is injury prone. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1