British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

At this rate, (still early days tho) the rider we need to drop is Aarnio...  would BWD fit in Aarnios place?

2 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

At this rate, (still early days tho) the rider we need to drop is Aarnio...  would BWD fit in Aarnios place?

Easily with aarnio averaging 6.85 and believe we had excess of 3 points left meaning we could easily fit a 10 rider really 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Assistant Press Manager ....................... DO YOUR STUFF AND DROP THE HINT!

Rob made a quick change before with Jedd List but would he do the same with Tero?

I have a feeling, & other posters have mentioned this, that this year is about racing & not winning!

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 2

Think Tero is under pressure to have a decent score this Friday, or I can see an axe swinging over his head.

9 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Think Tero is under pressure to have a decent score this Friday, or I can see an axe swinging over his head.

So with a team of 2 heat leaders 1 second string and 4 reserves we want to drop a rider . With a lack of riders available who you going to get with points available :t:

Tero would be welcome back at B'ham at the 'drop' of a hat ! (pardon the pun) :)

Strange after only a few meetings in the  British leagues fans are wanting the heads of riders for a possible one off night of racing . 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scunny1 said:

After TWO meetings?  Nothing like giving a rider a chance after over one year without racing.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Strange after only a few meetings in the  British leagues fans are wanting the heads of riders for a possible one off night of racing . 

30 minutes ago, StevePark said:

After TWO meetings?  Nothing like giving a rider a chance after over one year without racing.....

Some folk would twist on 21. ;)

I dont think replacing Tero, will make much difference to a very weak assembled team.

Scunthorpe fans have been sold short with that side IMO.

• Like 1

I didn't think we had a weak assembled team with Jake in & we have only made the 1 change & signed Josh. I did think we had strength in depth, proved against Plymouth without the big hitting heat leaders. We have then got beat by a very good Leicester side & a Berwick side where too many last places, evident by falls, ef's costing us dearly. Tero has had meetings abroad as well as the 2 here so should be doing better.

Its not just the amount of matches for Tero (and i don't believe any professional should be short of laps at this stage of the year) its the timing and availability of replacements. If as suggested there is a strong rider in the UK looking for rides and a rider in the team under performing and not contributing to the team then changes have to be strongly considered. No rider is bigger than any club and a positive message to loyal fans may be what is needed (plus wake up any others who have been off their game)  

• Like 4

It just looks a poor side on paper.....not sure where any improvements are going to come from?

Tero should be hitting his average....especially at home. He's a tough guy with a lot of bottle and I'm sure he'll click soon.

Plymouth are going to struggle on every away track with their side....

Leicester look super strong! Will be a great battle when they meet Redcar!

On 6/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, GiveusaB said:

It just looks a poor side on paper.....not sure where any improvements are going to come from?

Tero should be hitting his average....especially at home. He's a tough guy with a lot of bottle and I'm sure he'll click soon.

Plymouth are going to struggle on every away track with their side....

Leicester look super strong! Will be a great battle when they meet Redcar!

GiveusaB.  You should forget about our early season form and concentrate on your clubs problems ie  A tractor or grader  so you can complete enough heats to get a result for a meeting  . Really feel for Jordan Stewart injured on an unsafe track alongside brummie rider Grobearer  , really hope he returns to fitness quick and keeps his place at Redcar and Ipswich 

57 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

GiveusaB.  You should forget about our early season form and concentrate on your clubs problems ie  A tractor or grader  so you can complete enough heats to get a result for a meeting  . Really feel for Jordan Stewart injured on an unsafe track alongside brummie rider Grobearer  , really hope he returns to fitness quick and keeps his place at Redcar and Ipswich 

What did they buy with the 8k they raised on that go fund me thing because the tractor they were using broke down and I have a bigger watering can for the garden than the browser they were using to water the track...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1