British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

16 hours ago, eric i said:

Ellis average drops from 9.74 to 7.92 from 1st of august.......

Straight swap Theo Pijper for Josh Auty, might be harsh on Theo but I think it would make us stronger.

15 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah as much as it’s an interesting option Theo has been brilliant and has put a lot on his average and doesn’t deserved to be dropped 

14 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Bit of a left field one here but we could drop Simon Lambert for Auty and Macdonald for Kinsley. In my opinion Kinsley really deserves a championship spot he’s smashing the national league and was thrown into an impossible job with Kings Lynn

Ellis average was expected to drop but he was brought in for his away scoring which he has done. It is just his home scoring which could improve & see him nearer 8.5.

Pijper has done an awesome job & has increased his initial average by 1.06 which does not include 17 bonus points protecting his partner in front. Aarnio & Jorgensen, by contrast, have increased by 0.05 & 0.43 respectively.

While Auty was struggling with set ups with the new tyres, admitted by Peet, Lambert was scoring more than expected reaching above 6(an increase on around 1 point) but his scoring has been lowered, slightly, riding with a true no1, which, no offence to Auty who is still a heat leader but not at no1. Also, Lambert has been an excellent captain with team spirit probably as high as never been seen.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Ellis average was expected to drop but he was brought in for his away scoring which he has done. It is just his home scoring which could improve & see him nearer 8.5.

Pijper has done an awesome job & has increased his initial average by 1.06 which does not include 17 bonus points protecting his partner in front. Aarnio & Jorgensen, by contrast, have increased by 0.05 & 0.43 respectively.

While Auty was struggling with set ups with the new tyres, admitted by Peet, Lambert was scoring more than expected reaching above 6(an increase on around 1 point) but his scoring has been lowered, slightly, riding with a true no1, which, no offence to Auty who is still a heat leader but not at no1. Also, Lambert has been an excellent captain with team spirit probably as high as never been seen.

Agree with everything you say 

For me Piper stays  , you only have to watch him looking after his team mate who ever is in the race  .

if Josh wants to come back racing I think it will be away from the EWR 

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

For me Piper stays  , you only have to watch him looking after his team mate who ever is in the race  .

if Josh wants to come back racing I think it will be away from the EWR 

Yeah I feel like he did leave under a bit of a storm as well so think it is unlikely 

• Confused 1

Was there something more to Josh Auty's sacking, a disagreement between riders perhaps. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah I feel like he did leave under a bit of a storm as well so think it is unlikely 

Even though it was sad & painful for some, I think it was for the right reasons.

If he didn't get his head around the set up issue before, whose to say he would on his return. His injury to his neck might be more serious than we all know so his confidence will have really taken a blow.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Even though it was sad & painful for some, I think it was for the right reasons.

If he didn't get his head around the set up issue before, whose to say he would on his return. His injury to his neck might be more serious than we all know so his confidence will have really taken a blow.

There was no fall out Josh just had a few things going on in his life that he needed to sort and Speedway was getting in the way...

However Josh may be back sooner than you think...

Regards
THJ

31 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

There was no fall out Josh just had a few things going on in his life that he needed to sort and Speedway was getting in the way...

However Josh may be back sooner than you think...

Regards
THJ

Nice to hear it wasn’t as such a sacking as people( myself Included ) thought and josh being back care to tell us more ?! For someone else or the scorpions ?

11 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Nice to hear it wasn’t as such a sacking as people( myself Included ) thought and josh being back care to tell us more ?! For someone else or the scorpions ?

There are a few clubs sniffing around Josh but I wouldn't rule out Scunny for sure but forgive me if I bite my tongue on that one for now...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No it's okay cancel my last the little fella was let in the country after having to sit at Newcastle airport from 10am this morning till they let him go and I picked him up at 7pm tonight to drop him off at his digs... so Josh's services will not be required for the short term after all...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No it's okay cancel my last the little fella was let in the country after having to sit at Newcastle airport from 10am this morning till they let him go and I picked him up at 7pm tonight to drop him off at his digs... so Josh's services will not be required for the short term after all...

Regards 

THJ

What's his average?

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Bout 5 foot 2...

The big little fella?