Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Would love to see Ryan Douglas at the EWR, time after time he proves he is absolutely quality around there. Would be brilliant to have him back in a scorpions jacket. I think alot will depend on the Rising Star situation, however a team built around Douglas, Allen, Jorgensen and Palin would be great IMO. Then as it seems Lambert looks set to stay, that would leave 2 places, and probably not a lot to work with. If the rumours around Gilkes are true I would be very happy with him as a scorpion. 

1. Douglas 

2. Lambert

3. Allen

5. Jorgensen

6. Palin

Wouldn't mind seeing Broc Nicol as a scorpion but doubtful the averages would work out.

Edited by stumper

2 minutes ago, stumper said:

Would love to see Ryan Douglas at the EWR, time after time he proves he is absolutely quality around there. Would be brilliant to have him back in a scorpions jacket. I think alot will depend on the Rising Star situation, however a team built around Douglas, Allen, Jorgensen and Palin would be great IMO. Then as it seems Lambert looks set to stay, that would leave 2 places, and probably not a lot to work with. If the rumours around Gilkes are true I would be very happy with him as a scorpion. 

1. Douglas 

2. Lambert

3. Allen

5. Jorgensen

6. Palin

Yeah agreed think it will be difficult to get Ryan back though especially with David Howe on the spanners for him who I think has fell out with Rob. Just thinking as well I do think they said that if the rising start system was going ok it would be expanded to 2 rising stars per team so that could be on the cards as well

8 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah agreed think it will be difficult to get Ryan back though especially with David Howe on the spanners for him who I think has fell out with Rob. Just thinking as well I do think they said that if the rising start system was going ok it would be expanded to 2 rising stars per team so that could be on the cards as well

I didn't know David had fell out with Rob, do you know the reasons why? 

28 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I have a suspicion re rising start that might be extended to 5*. And maybe each CH team has to have 2 who can add up to no more than say 7. So maybe flint and Brennan for example become 5* and if wish to have them as such have to use a Crang or a Blair as other reserve? 

It's just a theory but think would encourage teams to use British riders as on potentially lower averages and doesn't make sense for riders to only be in RS system for only 1 year. Josh bates excluded!!!!

• Like 2

Using this season's rules/team limits (Which I know won't be the same next year) This fits... I haven't accounted for a 2.5% reduction for Jordan and the averages aren't final, but it's interesting to see what is possible... Also, if you wanted Dan Gilkes at reserve, swap Josh for Ryan Kinsley (3.00) and then you could have up to a 3 Star reserve, which I believe Dan will be next season

1. Ryan Douglas 8.04

2. Simon Lambert 5.98

3. Jake Allen 7.72

4. Jordan Palin 5.84

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.28

6. Josh MacDonald 4.00

7. 2 Star Reserve (Not Dan Gilkes)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Using this season's rules/team limits (Which I know won't be the same next year) This fits... I haven't accounted for a 2.5% reduction for Jordan and the averages aren't final, but it's interesting to see what is possible... Also, if you wanted Dan Gilkes at reserve, swap Josh for Ryan Kinsley (3.00) and then you could have up to a 3 Star reserve, which I believe Dan will be next season

1. Ryan Douglas 8.04

2. Simon Lambert 5.98

3. Jake Allen 7.72

4. Jordan Palin 5.84

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.28

6. Josh MacDonald 4.00

7. 2 Star Reserve (Not Dan Gilkes)

Surely you'd give Lambert his 2.5% too!

Averages are final, playoffs and cups don't count

Edited by Marshall07

2 hours ago, stumper said:

I didn't know David had fell out with Rob, do you know the reasons why? 

I can exactly remember but at a pre season meet the riders a few years someone mentioned him and he said we dont talk about him anymore maybe time will might see them happy to work together as Ryan is lethal round the EWR

I will have a go, 3 heat leaders, 2 riders improving every year in Connor and Jordan, a solid reserve and a reserve who can ride our track. All pie in the sky I know with Connor being happy at Newscastle but a team I really like

1. Adam Ellis 7.66

2. Connor Mountain 5.19

3. Jake Allen 7.72

4. Jordan Palin 5.90

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.28

= 33.75 with no reductions for being British

6. Dan Gilkes 2*

7. Ryan Kinsley 1* (3.00 av)

1, ellis

2 kemp

3 allen

4 palin

5 barker 

6 mountain

7 Kingsley or Gilkes

no Lambert or Jorgensen for me even though both have done well this year Thomas to injury prone and Simon don't do enough away on a regular basis

I’m sure meetings between promoters up and down the land have already been taken and agreed . But with this season still running in the Premiership and championship getting towards the final playoffs there won’t be any concrete news on next seasons set ups until this seasons finals are complete 

Why does Kinsley always get mentioned it's clear even before his stuff got nicked his performances for Redcar he's not good enough for middle tier racing he's a NDL rider at best

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Why does Kinsley always get mentioned it's clear even before his stuff got nicked his performances for Redcar he's not good enough for middle tier racing he's a NDL rider at best

Personally think it's because his average fits 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

1, ellis

2 kemp

3 allen

4 palin

5 barker 

6 mountain

7 Kingsley or Gilkes

no Lambert or Jorgensen for me even though both have done well this year Thomas to injury prone and Simon don't do enough away on a regular basis

Agreed however it’s Scunthorpe we are on about here so will probably have them both in

8 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Agreed however it’s Scunthorpe we are on about here so will probably have them both in

I’d like too see TJ back at Berwick. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:08 PM, Lewis said:

I will have a go, 3 heat leaders, 2 riders improving every year in Connor and Jordan, a solid reserve and a reserve who can ride our track. All pie in the sky I know with Connor being happy at Newscastle but a team I really like

1. Adam Ellis 7.66

2. Connor Mountain 5.19

3. Jake Allen 7.72

4. Jordan Palin 5.90

5. Thomas Jorgensen 7.28

= 33.75 with no reductions for being British

6. Dan Gilkes 2*

7. Ryan Kinsley 1* (3.00 av)

Connor is a Leicester asset!