British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2020 NL Season

Plenty of keyboard warriors on this forum could do it..  They all know how to prepare a track, great at team selection and know everything there is to know about speedway so shouldn't be a problem for them.  Oh yeah and money.  Ah well. All good to put the knife in Dave and his team at Stoke but if it wasn't for him it'd gone a long long time ago.  Come on keyboard warriors put your money where your big mouths are and show everyone how to do it.  Speedway makes loads of money don't you know.  BTW, you won't be able to make the shortfall with stocks at Buxton lol.

7 hours ago, Gary67 said:

Plenty of keyboard warriors on this forum could do it..  They all know how to prepare a track, great at team selection and know everything there is to know about speedway so shouldn't be a problem for them.  Oh yeah and money.  Ah well. All good to put the knife in Dave and his team at Stoke but if it wasn't for him it'd gone a long long time ago.  Come on keyboard warriors put your money where your big mouths are and show everyone how to do it.  Speedway makes loads of money don't you know.  BTW, you won't be able to make the shortfall with stocks at Buxton lol.

The car racing oval at Buxton - near the speedway circuit - did at one time also feature speedway. The car circuit caters for several major events each season.

https://buxtonraceway.com

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, gustix said:

The car racing oval at Buxton - near the speedway circuit - did at one time also feature speedway. The car circuit caters for several major events each season.

Brilliant, you have the money to buy that as well (separate entity to the speedway of course).  Crack on.

22 hours ago, gustix said:

8 hours ago, Gary67 said:

Brilliant, you have the money to buy that as well (separate entity to the speedway of course).  Crack on.

I cannot understand the logic of your comment Gary67. I merely illustrated that the Buxton car circuit appears to be flourishing while sadly the reverse appear to be the case for the neighbouring speedway.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, Gary67 said:

Not entirely sure who rattled your cage (although at 1am i can hazard a guess). Every keyboard warrior on here is sad to see Stoke be closed down and likewise when the same happened at Buxton. It doesn't mean that if anyone had the money and the passion they would want to be involved with either venture. I personally think that Buxton could run on a shoestring as part of its charm is the rustic nature of the place, that said there is still a fair amount of investment needed before a wheel could be turned in anger. That said im sure you will be at the from of the queue Gary when it comes to offering your assistance.   

Thank you previous Posters. I now fully understand the current situation in regard to Buxton.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, gustix said:

Believe it or not Matthew Watson the promoter of Buxton raceway has recently posted on ovalchat that despite its rural location even they have had noise complaints and may face more restrictions on running times. I cant help feel it's probably more to do with thier new floodlights then noise though tbh.

I only saw speedway once in the car stadium. Short straights and tight turns, not a track for the faint hearted!

30 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I only saw speedway once in the car stadium. Short straights and tight turns, not a track for the faint hearted!

Yes.  The track at the car circuit wasn't ideal for speedway by any stretch of the imagination.  But it was a catalyst to get things going, and led the great Ken Moss to building the Buxton speedway track.

Of course Buxton speedway itself wasn't perfect, but it's been a brilliant place for a huge number of riders to learn their craft, and a more than valuable part of the 3rd division for many many years.

It needs to be back in the NL for 2020.   The authorities should be working with the Buxton promoters to ensure that Buxton doesn't stand idle next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Yes.  The track at the car circuit wasn't ideal for speedway by any stretch of the imagination.  But it was a catalyst to get things going, and led the great Ken Moss to building the Buxton speedway track.

Of course Buxton speedway itself wasn't perfect, but it's been a brilliant place for a huge number of riders to learn their craft, and a more than valuable part of the 3rd division for many many years.

It needs to be back in the NL for 2020.   The authorities should be working with the Buxton promoters to ensure that Buxton doesn't stand idle next year.

The tight ship Jane Moss ran would may be only need 50 diehards from Stoke and a bit of sponsorship to make it viable as a combined venture.

If all other NDL Clubs could then be persuaded to stay in NDL and possibly add Rye House then you have a League and any NDL right now is to be welcomed.

I know Brummies are committed to CL for 2020 but what about a few other clubs rumoured to be struggling in CL or ex NDL Clubs moving back?

Have likes of Newcastle and Eastbourne committed to CL yet?  

Let's not give up on NDL!

It's the future after all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

The tight ship Jane Moss ran would may be only need 50 diehards from Stoke and a bit of sponsorship to make it viable as a combined venture.

If all other NDL Clubs could then be persuaded to stay in NDL and possibly add Rye House then you have a League and any NDL right now is to be welcomed.

I know Brummies are committed to CL for 2020 but what about a few other clubs rumoured to be struggling in CL or ex NDL Clubs moving back?

Have likes of Newcastle and Eastbourne committed to CL yet?  

Let's not give up on NDL!

It's the future after all!

Kerr and Newman signed - obviously going very top heavy if they are going NDL:)

48 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Kerr and Newman signed - obviously going very top heavy if they are going NDL:)

I'm 99.9% sure like you that will happen and we won't be in the NL, but there was a proviso that the league structure would need to be the same? 

Edited by gazzac

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

I'm 99.9% sure like you that will happen and we won't be in the NL, but there was a proviso that the league structure would need to be the same? 

There was - I read that as there being no One Big League, in which case Kerr would surely be at King's Lynn and Poole (?) would have first dibs on Newman. Don't think the structure of the NDL would come into it.

But hey, a team with Kerr, Newman and Edwards would shake that place up.