British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2020 NL Season

12 hours ago, marko said:

I heard yesterday a rumour or talk whatever you want to describe it as, that Rye House will be back in 2020 racing in the NL under the combination of Pete Sampson and Martin Hagon, be great to have some speedway in the Herts/Essex area again, Arena Essex will never return, that's for sure.

Best way to make sure Sam gets a ride next year.

13 hours ago, marko said:

I heard yesterday a rumour or talk whatever you want to describe it as, that Rye House will be back in 2020 racing in the NL under the combination of Pete Sampson and Martin Hagon, be great to have some speedway in the Herts/Essex area again, Arena Essex will never return, that's for sure.

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

They couldn't do no worse than BMR.

Aren't BMR the stadium owners? And if as mentioned Rye House do return in 2020 at National League level IMO attendances will average 400-500? Is it worth the effort?

39 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Best way to make sure Sam gets a ride next year.

Sam did really well this year and he is just the sort of rider who needs NDL racing. Where could he (and many others) go without it?

Be good if it happened. Connor Dugard for team manager?

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Sam did really well this year and he is just the sort of rider who needs NDL racing. Where could he (and many others) go without it?

Be good if it happened. Connor Dugard for team manager?

I don't debate that he is a rider that should be looking at a NL spot either 20 or 21 seasons and i think he is probably capable of getting one on merit, its just a poisoned chalice sometimes if you have "connections" within the club you ride for.

2 hours ago, gustix said:

Aren't BMR the stadium owners? And if as mentioned Rye House do return in 2020 at National League level IMO attendances will average 400-500? Is it worth the effort?

400 - 500. I'd be flabbergasted if they got that many. As for Rye reopening, I'll beleive it when i see it.

15 hours ago, marko said:

I've also heard rumours that the new stadium owners are interested in bringing back speedway at NL level. 

Hadn't heard who they were thinking of putting in as promoters, but Pete Sampson and Martin Hagon could make sense.

Are they just rumours being recycled though seeing as there’s an empty stadium sitting there and there was genuine plans to try and get the club back in the NL this season? Or is there something substantial to this talk?

I should have asked where the source was from but the guy who told me, I have known for over 25 years and used to be on the track staff many moons ago, it would make sense though for someone like Pete to want to help get speedway back into Hertfordshire, they could start in the NL and maybe work up back to the second division or maybe it will be one big league by then, who knows?

Mayne this is all a bit of pipedream right now and we have to wait for the annual conference before we hear if there is anything to this, personally I would love it to happen, the more tracks we have the better, especially at grass roots level.

4 hours ago, gustix said:

BMR sold the track to Rye House Karting earlier this year.

So is the speedway track still there or has it been destroyed...BMR were the worst thing to happen to Rye House speedway....

• Like 1

I ran past the stadium yesterday (Sunday Oct 27) along the canal and heard some bikes out on the track. I couldn't stop and investigate,  as I was in a bit of a hurry, but from the other side of the water caught glimpses of riders flashing past, so there is clearly some activity down there. I assumed it was practice or something like that.

1 hour ago, waco said:

So is the speedway track still there or has it been destroyed...BMR were the worst thing to happen to Rye House speedway....

It is still there and is used every weekend for speedway and flat track and sometimes in the week as well. Track is good now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Great Central said:

It is still there and is used every weekend for speedway and flat track and sometimes in the week as well. Track is good now.

just need to get rid of the horrendous moto x humps on the centre green.

good to go ready to use track/stadium for someone and the pair mentioned know their promoting onions.

With a worryingly shrinking NL, would there be enough teams to substain a full fixture list at Rye. Time will tell.

Kent have applied to championship and national league as well for next year, and trying to change race night to a weds.