British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2020 NL Season

There has been considerable work done to the part of the car park with an enclosed area block paved and high fencing around it.

It looks destined for something to do with the carts though.

So what kind of state will the NL be in next year? Will it just be a MDL style? It looks like Kent & Plymouth are moving up. Leicester aren't running and uncertainty over Belle Vue i think as well. So out of this years league we have Mildenhall & the IOW. 

Seemingly the promotion on the IOW have done a fantastic job and have a great reputation now I sincerely hope that they can run in some kind of fashion next season we've lost enough clubs already. 

We need 3 leagues it's natural progression, if we just have the MDL you can't expect kids to jump from there straight into the Championship it would be too big a step, I hope this doesn't mean we see a number of riders walking away from the sport because it seems like in saving the Premier League it's having a very big impact on the National League.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bloom89 said:

So what kind of state will the NL be in next year? Will it just be a MDL style? It looks like Kent & Plymouth are moving up. Leicester aren't running and uncertainty over Belle Vue i think as well. So out of this years league we have Mildenhall & the IOW. 

Seemingly the promotion on the IOW have done a fantastic job and have a great reputation now I sincerely hope that they can run in some kind of fashion next season we've lost enough clubs already. 

We need 3 leagues it's natural progression, if we just have the MDL you can't expect kids to jump from there straight into the Championship it would be too big a step, I hope this doesn't mean we see a number of riders walking away from the sport because it seems like in saving the Premier League it's having a very big impact on the National League.

As has been stated in various statements, Kent intend on running NL and Championship.

Rumours of Rye House joining the NL.... hope this is true

Similarly a return of Buxton now Stoke has gone could pacify  Stoke and Buxton fans

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

Rumours of Rye House joining the NL.... hope this is true

Similarly a return of Boston now Stoke has gone could pacify  Stoke and Buxton fans

Boston?

Could they be contemplating a return to King's Lynn or do you mean Buxton?

1 hour ago, 25yearfan said:

Boston?

Could they be contemplating a return to King's Lynn or do you mean Buxton?

A quick blast in to the past ....... by error

Thought so!

Would be nice to see Boston back in the NL as much as to bring the numbers up. Be even better if they found a site for a new track in Boston cause a Somerset like set up in the town would surely be viable at 3rd Division level!

Hope your right and Rye House and Buxton will return to the NL cause the more tracks there is the better of the NL and British speedway in general will be!

• Like 1

I remember little while ago in the SS there was talk of Weymouth possibly coming back and looking at sites to return but has gone quiet 

On 10/29/2019 at 1:19 PM, GWC said:

There has been considerable work done to the part of the car park with an enclosed area block paved and high fencing around it.

Looks like the fish bar is history

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hewigo-Fish-and-Chip-Fryer-2-of-2-commercial-fryer/223755668256?hash=item3418e08b20:g:Z4oAAOSwAGxd0n-S

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, GWC said:

Yes, an amazing amount of work done on the Car Park (it makes it look smaller though)  but don't jump to conclusions

Edited by Rayleigh

Think if rye house was sold that would be the only way they would be able to run speedway there again