British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2020

6 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Good luck to The Tigers! Will be very competitive in the top-flight and hopefully fans will react and get behind them! 

Totally agree, Sheffield belong in top flight and on a Thursday night and if they can build a solid side (using some Poole assets / riders) and current side they should thrive.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, Cue Ball said:

It’s a tough life...!!! 

Indeed but if he is getting paid enough by Wroclaw to just ride team speedway once a week then good for him. Fantastic that his kids will see plenty of him growing up. 

• Like 4

Hopefully this move works out for Sheffield, best news of all probably is the club is now not for sale.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Hopefully this move works out for Sheffield, best news of all probably is the club is now not for sale.

Agree wholeheartedly that the continuation of the Bates management consortium is the best news for Sheffield.

One question though: is there any guarantee that Thursday nights won't revert to a CL fixture night (as it used to be prior to 2019)?

Edited by 4thbender
spelling

Great news . Hopefully we can be competitive ..I would like to see Brady Kurtz Josh G  Ryan Doulas Jake Allen Possibly Martin Vaculic plus 2 more depending on averages.

• Like 1

Good luck to you. Obviously the best race night for the club. Would think Ryan Douglas is nailed on for you guys next year for a start.

Can see Jake Allen  been at Owlerton next season 

he's been confirmed by Scunthorpe in the Championship and this year he was based in Bawtry

8 hours ago, HGould said:

Totally agree, Sheffield belong in top flight and on a Thursday night and if they can build a solid side (using some Poole assets / riders) and current side they should thrive.

Also some Sheffield riders looking for a Championship place!!!!;)

I wish I could remember who said on Sunday evening that ( there was no way Sheffield would move up as they were for sale and it was a sick rumour and was also told from a very reliable source was it brown or red ) well at 5pm today there was a PRESS release from Sheffield tigers Nd I wonder what it said lol

36 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

I wish I could remember who said on Sunday evening that ( there was no way Sheffield would move up as they were for sale and it was a sick rumour and was also told from a very reliable source was it brown or red ) well at 5pm today there was a PRESS release from Sheffield tigers Nd I wonder what it said lol

i think it was tartar sauce .... as in goodbye to the championship , but hello to the same old riders ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Great news . Hopefully we can be competitive ..I would like to see Brady Kurtz Josh G  Ryan Doulas Jake Allen Possibly Martin Vaculic plus 2 more depending on averages.

I like the look of that team if the averages fit with broc and zaine/chunk down at reserve.