British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2020

Would love this if true, the guy is pure box office. As has been said, in the UK there would only be about Doyle better.

Would imagine that Holder is the more likely ex-world champ to grace us with their presence

14 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Would love this if true, the guy is pure box office. As has been said, in the UK there would only be about Doyle better.

Would imagine that Holder is the more likely ex-world champ to grace us with their presence

will his sat nav wok that far north ? 

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

You serious? 

Think he proved in Poland and Sweden he is still a superstar number 1. In the Premiership he will be 2nd to Doyle. 

2 ND to Doyle  !! I'd be more than happy if that's the case and would gladly eat my words.What average would he come in on ? If he matches Doyle's performances he'll do for me but depending how much he may cost I'd rather have a balanced team 1-7. Let's wait and see .

16 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

There's posts on the Poole site saying Holder has visa issues so probably won't be riding in Britain next year! 

• Like 2

Nothing to do with the Pedersen rumor but another rider i wouldn't mind seeing with us at Sheffield ....... Robert Lambert.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Here goes the big money spend.... fine if the gate money or sponsorship more then covers the cost.

Yeah agree unless the backing is there to sign the liked of NP it's a dangerous gamble especially if there's only 1 or 2 riders performing I mean look at us ( diamonds ) when we had Robert Lambert & Steve worrall at the top of the team.. it was costly & now only 2 years down the line it's not looking to clever to run in 2020,,, 

Would it be impertinent of me to suggest that future contributions on this topic should be made on the "Sheffield 2020" thread on the SGB Premiership Speedway League forum?

Edited by 4thbender
  • Like 5

I see it has now been announced that you have signed Nicki Pedersen. On his twitter account as well as the BSPA official site. Congratulations to your management for getting such a scoop in these days. Bit different from when we signed him in 1998, but still a top rider who will be number 1 in the Championship. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I see it has now been announced that you have signed Nicki Pedersen. On his twitter account as well as the BSPA official site. Congratulations to your management for getting such a scoop in these days. Bit different from when we signed him in 1998, but still a top rider who will be number 1 in the Championship. 

You mean premiership me owld mucker

7 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Please leave the Championship thread immediately.  You no longer belong here. 

That sun and wine is affecting you again.:rolleyes:

I think we should step back from some of the detail here and look at the bigger picture. We have a club with a long history returning to the top flight, on it's traditional race night, being lead by a former world champion. This is to be celebrated by all speedway fans. And we can only hope that many former Sheffield fans will see these developments as a good enough reason to come back into the fold.

Well done Sheffield. I look forward to seeing you on track.

• Like 4